9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2014 5:39 AM by RobertMetcalf RSS

Oracle OSB Business Service with OWSM Policy

RobertMetcalf

Hi,

I am creating a Business Service in OSB and I want to select
      Policies -> OWSM Policies option. However on the screen to this service the
      option is greyed out. I can still select WLS9 Policies From WSDL or From
      Pre-defined Policy or WS-Policy Resource.

So I need to find out why OWSM is disabled.

Documentation suggests that this is because WSM Policy
      manager is not installed but I believe this is not the cause because:

1. In Enterprise Manager I see a metadata repository
        named msd-owsm
      2. If I go to http://soabpm-vm.site:7001/wsm-pm/
        and validate I see Policy Manager Status: Operational

I am using the 11.1.1.7 virtual box image (obtained from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/soasuite/learnmore/vmsoa-172279.html)
      and I am running the Admin server only.

Can anyone suggest other places I can look.

Thanks

Robert

• 1. Re: Oracle OSB Business Service with OWSM Policy
          Ankit kalanoria

Hi Robert,

While creating weblogic domain for osb, we need to extend it for OWSM configuration by clicking checkbox for OWSM extension. There could be possibility that it might have been missed.

Installing and Configuring Oracle Service Bus 11g

• 2. Re: Oracle OSB Business Service with OWSM Policy
            RobertMetcalf

Ankit,

Thanks for the response.

My problem is that I am using the Oracle Virtualbox image which had everything presetup and pre installed.

Using the Virtual Box instalisation how can I confirm if that check box was missed?

If it has been mixed what action can I take to resolve it?

Robert

• 3. Re: Oracle OSB Business Service with OWSM Policy
              Ankit kalanoria

Unfortunately i haven't had any experience using virtualbox image.

But on other hand, In generally there is option to extend existing domain using domain configuration wizard. So i think if you have accessibility to run domain configuration wizard then you will find this option there.

I always use below link for all my installation confusion. Section 3.2/3.3/3.4/3.5 (Depending on your installation type)

Configuring Oracle Service Bus - 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.6.0)

Regards,

Ankit

• 4. Re: Oracle OSB Business Service with OWSM Policy
                Ashok Shukla-Oracle

search for "Oracle Service Bus OWSM Extension" and "Oracle WSM Policy Manager" in $domain_home/init-info/domain-info.xml file. If not exists you may have extend the domain to add it.

• 5. Re: Oracle OSB Business Service with OWSM Policy
                  RobertMetcalf

shell
                  cd $HOME/bin
                  source wls_env.sh
                  cd $SOA_HOME
                  cd common
                  cd bin
                  ./config.sh

I sleected the following options:
                  2 -> Extend an existing WebLogic domain
                  1 -> dev_soasuite
                  1 -> Choose Weblogic Platform components

The option Oracle Service Bus OWSM Extension - 11.1.1.7 [Oracle_OSB1] was  not checked. So I checked it
                  then I typed next to go through all the following screens.

When it finished I shut down the Admin server (There is only the admin server running)
                  I restarted the server.

I got the message Admin Server failed to start please check the log file
                  In the log file I can see some errors:

<Jul 9, 2014 2:00:12 AM PDT> <Error> <J2EE> <BEA-160197> <Unable to load descriptor java.net.URLClassLoader@1027a740/null of module null. The error is weblogic.descriptor.DescriptorException: Unmarshaller failed
                          at weblogic.descriptor.internal.MarshallerFactory$1.createDescriptor(MarshallerFactory.java:161)
                          at weblogic.descriptor.BasicDescriptorManager.createDescriptor(BasicDescriptorManager.java:323)
                          at weblogic.application.descriptor.AbstractDescriptorLoader2.getDescriptorBeanFromReader(AbstractDescriptorLoader2.java:788)
                          at weblogic.application.descriptor.AbstractDescriptorLoader2.createDescriptorBean(AbstractDescriptorLoader2.java:409)
                          at weblogic.application.descriptor.AbstractDescriptorLoader2.loadDescriptorBeanWithoutPlan(AbstractDescriptorLoader2.java:759)
                          at weblogic.application.descriptor.AbstractDescriptorLoader2.loadDescriptorBean(AbstractDescriptorLoader2.java:768)
                          at weblogic.jms.module.JMSParser.getJMSBean(JMSParser.java:251)
                          at weblogic.jms.module.JMSParser.createJMSDescriptor(JMSParser.java:216)
                          at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.JMSSystemResource.loadDescriptor(JMSSystemResource.java:59)
                          at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.ConfigurationExtension.getExtensionRoot(ConfigurationExtension.java:178)
                          at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.JMSSystemResource.getJMSResource(JMSSystemResource.java:44)
                          at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.JMSSystemResource._postCreate(JMSSystemResource.java:50)
                          at weblogic.management.configuration.JMSSystemResourceMBeanImpl._postCreate(JMSSystemResourceMBeanImpl.java:355)
                          at weblogic.descriptor.internal.AbstractDescriptorBean._postCreate(AbstractDescriptorBean.java:671)
                          at weblogic.management.configuration.DomainMBeanImpl.setJMSSystemResources(DomainMBeanImpl.java:11054)
                          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                          at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.util.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethod(ReflectionUtils.java:48)
                          at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.RuntimeBindingType$BeanRuntimeProperty.setValue(RuntimeBindingType.java:539)
                          at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.AttributeRuntimeBindingType$QNameRuntimeProperty.fillCollection(AttributeRuntimeBindingType.java:382)
                          at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.MultiIntermediary.getFinalValue(MultiIntermediary.java:52)
                          at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.AttributeRuntimeBindingType.getFinalObjectFromIntermediary(AttributeRuntimeBindingType.java:140)
                          at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.UnmarshalResult.unmarshalBindingType(UnmarshalResult.java:200)
                          at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.UnmarshalResult.unmarshalDocument(UnmarshalResult.java:169)
                          at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(UnmarshallerImpl.java:65)
                          at weblogic.descriptor.internal.MarshallerFactory$1.createDescriptor(MarshallerFactory.java:150)
                          at weblogic.descriptor.BasicDescriptorManager.createDescriptor(BasicDescriptorManager.java:323)
                          at weblogic.management.provider.internal.DescriptorManagerHelper.loadDescriptor(DescriptorManagerHelper.java:68)
                          at weblogic.management.provider.internal.RuntimeAccessImpl$IOHelperImpl.parseXML(RuntimeAccessImpl.java:690)
                          at weblogic.management.provider.internal.RuntimeAccessImpl.parseNewStyleConfig(RuntimeAccessImpl.java:270)
                          at weblogic.management.provider.internal.RuntimeAccessImpl.<init>(RuntimeAccessImpl.java:115)
                          at weblogic.management.provider.internal.RuntimeAccessService.start(RuntimeAccessService.java:42)
                          at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerServicesManager.startService(ServerServicesManager.java:461)
                          at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerServicesManager.startInStandbyState(ServerServicesManager.java:166)
                          at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initializeStandby(T3Srvr.java:882)
                          at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.startup(T3Srvr.java:572)
                          at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:469)
                          at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:71)
                  Caused by: com.bea.xml.XmlException: weblogic.descriptor.BeanAlreadyExistsException: Bean already exists: "weblogic.j2ee.descriptor.wl.QueueBeanImpl@8c9d66df(/Queues[OraSDPM/Queues/OraSDPMEngineCmdQ_auto_3])"
                          at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.util.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethod(ReflectionUtils.java:54)
                          at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.RuntimeBindingType$BeanRuntimeProperty.setValue(RuntimeBindingType.java:539)
                          at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.AttributeRuntimeBindingType$QNameRuntimeProperty.fillCollection(AttributeRuntimeBindingType.java:381)
                          at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.MultiIntermediary.getFinalValue(MultiIntermediary.java:52)
                          at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.AttributeRuntimeBindingType.getFinalObjectFromIntermediary(AttributeRuntimeBindingType.java:140)
                          at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.UnmarshalResult.unmarshalBindingType(UnmarshalResult.java:200)
                          at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.UnmarshalResult.unmarshalDocument(UnmarshalResult.java:169)
                          at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(UnmarshallerImpl.java:65)
                          at weblogic.descriptor.internal.MarshallerFactory$1.createDescriptor(MarshallerFactory.java:150)
                          ... 39 more
                  Caused by: weblogic.descriptor.BeanAlreadyExistsException: Bean already exists: "weblogic.j2ee.descriptor.wl.QueueBeanImpl@8c9d66df(/Queues[OraSDPM/Queues/OraSDPMEngineCmdQ_auto_3])"
                          at weblogic.descriptor.internal.ReferenceManager.registerBean(ReferenceManager.java:231)
                          at weblogic.j2ee.descriptor.wl.JMSBeanImpl.setQueues(JMSBeanImpl.java:1108)
                          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                          at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.util.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethod(ReflectionUtils.java:48)
                          at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.AttributeRuntimeBindingType$QNameRuntimeProperty.fillCollection(AttributeRuntimeBindingType.java:382)
                          ... 45 more
                  .>
                  <Jul 9, 2014 2:00:12 AM PDT> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000362> <Server failed. Reason: [Management:141266]Parsing Failure in config.xml: weblogic.management.ManagementRuntimeException: weblogic.application.ModuleException: Could not create the JMS descriptor>
                  <Jul 9, 2014 2:00:12 AM PDT> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state changed to FAILED>
                  <Jul 9, 2014 2:00:12 AM PDT> <Error> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000383> <A critical service failed. The server will shut itself down>
                  <Jul 9, 2014 2:00:12 AM PDT> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state changed to FORCE_SHUTTING_DOWN>

So I halted the system and restarted it but I still get the same error. Do you know what I did wrong with the config utility?

My config list looks like

Available Templates

|_____Basic WebLogic Server Domain - 10.3.6.0 [wlserver_10.3]x

|_____Oracle BPM Suite for developers - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_SOA1]x

|_____Oracle BPM Suite - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_SOA1] [3]

|_____Oracle SOA Suite for developers - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_SOA1]x

|_____Oracle SOA Suite - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_SOA1] [5]

|_____Oracle WebCenter Spaces - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_WC1]x

|_____Oracle WebCenter Content: AXF for BPM - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_ECM1] [7]

|_____Oracle WebCenter Content: Imaging - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_ECM1] [8]

|_____Oracle WebCenter Content: Imaging Viewer Cache - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_ECM1] [9]

|_____Oracle WebCenter Services Portlets - 11.1.1.6.0 [Oracle_WC1] [10]

|_____Oracle WebCenter Pagelet Producer - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_WC1] [11]

|_____Oracle Universal Records Management - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_ECM1] [12]

|_____Oracle Universal Content Management - Inbound Refinery - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_ECM1] [13]

|_____Oracle Universal Content Management - Content Server - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_ECM1]x

|_____Oracle Information Rights Management - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_ECM1] [15]

|_____Oracle Service Bus OWSM Extension - 11.1.1.7 [Oracle_OSB1]x

|_____Oracle Enterprise Manager - 11.1.1.0 [oracle_common]x

|_____Oracle Business Activity Monitoring - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_SOA1]x

|_____Oracle Service Bus for developers - 11.1.1.7 [Oracle_OSB1]x

|_____Oracle Service Bus - 11.1.1.7 [Oracle_OSB1] [20]

|_____WebLogic Advanced Web Services for JAX-RPC Extension - 10.3.6.0 [wlserver_10.3]x

|_____Oracle Portlet Producers - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_WC1] [22]

|_____Oracle Universal Content Management - SSXA Server - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_ECM1] [23]

|_____SOA Bridge Portlet Container - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_SOA1] [24]

|_____Oracle WebCenter Discussion Server - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_WC1]x

|_____Oracle WebCenter ActivityGraph Engines - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_WC1] [26]

|_____Oracle WebCenter Personalization - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_WC1] [27]

|_____Oracle WebCenter Analytics Collector - 11.1.1.0 [Oracle_WC1] [28]

|_____Oracle WSM Policy Manager - 11.1.1.0 [oracle_common]x

|_____Oracle JRF WebServices Asynchronous services - 11.1.1.0 [oracle_common]x

|_____Oracle JRF - 11.1.1.0 [oracle_common]x

|_____Basic WebLogic SIP Server Domain - 10.3.6.0 [wlserver_10.3] [32]

|_____Oracle Platform Security Service for Audit - 11.1.1.0 [oracle_common] [33]

|_____WebLogic Advanced Web Services for JAX-WS Extension - 10.3.6.0 [wlserver_10.3] [34]

• 6. Re: Oracle OSB Business Service with OWSM Policy
                    RobertMetcalf

I have found domain-info.xml

It was in /oracle/fmwhome/user_projects/domains/dev_soasuite/init-info

It has both of these inside it.

I am not sure if they were there before I ran the config.sh or if my running config.sh added them

• 7. Re: Oracle OSB Business Service with OWSM Policy
                      Ashok Shukla-Oracle

> The option Oracle Service Bus OWSM Extension - 11.1.1.7 [Oracle_OSB1] was  not checked. So I checked it

This means old domain it was not exist and it was added when you have extended the domain. But the extension of domain should be offline. No server should be running.

• 8. Re: Oracle OSB Business Service with OWSM Policy
                        RobertMetcalf

So the error may have been caused by me extending the domain while the admin server was running.

I will restore the VM to the origional image then re-do the config steps (this time without the admin server running)

Then see if it works.

• 9. Re: Oracle OSB Business Service with OWSM Policy
                          RobertMetcalf

I have reset the VM and repeated the config.sh process without any server started. I get exactly the same error.

I must be doing something wrong in the config process to cause the admin server to fail