6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2014 9:09 AM by clcarter RSS

Not able to install oracle xe 11g.  I am stuck and need help?

hh*394375*91

Tried installing oracle xe 11g as an Administrator and without.  It will not work.  I clicked get started and get the following message.  I am stuck what do I do to get this to work

'

Windows cannot find 'http://127.0.01:%HTTPPORT%/apex/f?p=4950'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Not sure where to begin..  Can anyone point me in the right direction

• 1. Re: Not able to install oracle xe 11g.  I am stuck and need help?
          yoonas

XE installation completed successfully?

see if database is running

sqlplus <username>/<password>

select * from dual;

or search for alert_XE and see what log file is saying

and what is the output of

lsnrctl status

• 2. Re: Not able to install oracle xe 11g.  I am stuck and need help?
            KKT

You need to directly tell where your http port is. To do so; open up the folder where your Oracle is stored and navigate to server folder( in my case C:\Oracle\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server) in that folder right click to Get_Started file and choose properties. There you can hand type your http port which is usually 8080 in my case: ....127.0.0.1:8080/apex/f?p=4950

The problem should be solved.

Hope this helps you get through it..

Thanks,

~KKT~

• 3. Re: Not able to install oracle xe 11g.  I am stuck and need help?
              hh*394375*91

I followed you suggestion and link was correct  http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex/f?p=4950

I clicked get started again and got the following:

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1:8080.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I have reinstalled twice.  I still get the same problem.  I am on a 64bit machine and installed the new 64bit version

Howard

• 4. Re: Not able to install oracle xe 11g.  I am stuck and need help?
                clcarter

As already suggested by yoonas, will clarify.

1. Ensure the database is running.
                2. Ensure the listener is running.
                3. Verify the http port 8080 endpoint is listed in the listener status output.

If the install is completely happy, all three points should be fine. If not, well, then its not fine. Any one of those items can prevent the apex web pages from working. One must have all those ducks in a row for the web pages to work.

Something as simple as a slight variation in the NIC settings has been known to confuse the installer. If the listener is running, stop it:

lsnrctl stop

Then move OH/network/admin/listener.ora file out of the way and try the pure default setup, as others here have suggested here before. And restart the listener, check its status. Might have to connect as system (or sys as sysdba can also work) and force a registration. Or stop and start the database instance.

lsnrctl start

sqlplus /nolog

connect system

... password ...

alter system register;

exit

lsnrctl status

... endpoints:

...PORT=8080...presentation=HTTP

Something like that. Or, try adjusting the ...HOST= setting in the listener.ora file, that is usually the bit that  can cause trouble. One option for HOST= setting is using the IPv4 "any TCP address" value of 0.0.0.0 but if the host has a wireless NIC and you don't want to service remote connections via that device use the correct IP address, or if HOSTNAME is configured properly on the host that can work as well. *IF* the host setup is correct.

Message was edited by: clcarter add register

• 5. Re: Not able to install oracle xe 11g.  I am stuck and need help?
                  hh*394375*91

I went an got a 32 bit machine and installed there. I am closing this question.  Not sure how to remove the post

• 6. Re: Not able to install oracle xe 11g.  I am stuck and need help?
                    clcarter

>> how to remove the post

Marking a thread "answered" is about the only option (without admin rights)