6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2014 1:36 AM by KKT RSS

FDMEE Trouble uploading custom mapping template

I am trying to create a custom map upload template, similar to that used in "classic FDM", but can't seem to get FDMEE (500 update) to process it.  I can use the template as downloaded from FDMEE, but it's a complete mess.  I have created a 'ups' Named Range exactly similar to the downloaded template's 'upsMAP' Range ... to no success.  Anyone try this yet ?

• 1. Re: FDMEE Trouble uploading custom mapping template

I haven't used mapping template as of now so I didn't got this error. However, I think because mapping tables structure and template is changes so FDMEE will not accept old file format from Fusion edition.

Suggestion: You can add one line manual to FDMEE dimension like accounts, then download that file and update mapping as needed. Then upload the same file. It should work this way. Before doing this please check if you have option to download files in excel on data load mapping screen. If not then please apply 11.1.2.3.200 PSU.

Hope this will  be helpful..

• 2. Re: FDMEE Trouble uploading custom mapping template

I do have a workaround - using a CSF file (Export, modify, Import) ... but we are having trouble with that too.  We want to use an Excel template and the template provided by the "Download Template" function is a mess with columns out of sequence and it's been hard to guide the customer to maintain.. there is only one 'UPS' Range in the template that gets downloaded but if you modify it in any way (change column order for example so that Src / Desc / Target is presented in the template) ..it won't load successfully.

• 3. Re: FDMEE Trouble uploading custom mapping template

Actually, I will suggest you to download file from FDMEE after adding one line manual. update the same and load it back. If it isn't importing all mapping row. then update range function. But if you add row above manually update rows then you not need update range as well. It will get updated automatically.

• 4. Re: FDMEE Trouble uploading custom mapping template

I appreciate your help but the version that downloads from FDMEE works fine.  I do not want to use that template because it is a terribly unorganized mess ... thus I'm trying to build a different template to use.  Excel imports use a Named Range that begin with 'ups', have a top line with table name, and a row #2 header with each table field identified - this is what the downloaded template uses too (with one exception ... their Range actually begins with the row above the table name).  I've tried a variety of template versions with what should be a properly formatted Range but can't get any to work.  I have plenty of experience with this in 'classic', so I'm guessing the re-invented this wheel and there must be something specific and hidden about the template they download to you - I've looked it over very carefully and can't figure out what their secret is.

• 5. Re: FDMEE Trouble uploading custom mapping template

I figured this out - the file has to be at least Excel 97-2003 ... my Excel was defaulting to Excel 95-97 and that was the cause of the failure.  Other than that it's same as Classic ... one new column name DataLoadRule has been added.

• 6. Re: FDMEE Trouble uploading custom mapping template
                    KKT

Good to know it works

Thanks for updating info , Keep sharing .

Thanks,

~KKT~