4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2014 10:42 PM by Baurzhan.K RSS

what direction to choose after getting ocp

Baurzhan.K

Hello, guys

I am thinking about next step in my education. What course to choose among Oracle products?

I have OCP 11g already and had course in performance tuning.

Can someone give me advice what Oracle product to learn next? I must say that our organization's budget is limited, so I can choose any of 1 week Oracle courses.

I consider Oracle RAC (however, its not used widely in our country), WebLogic, Application server or SOA Suite.

The main criterias are a product's popularity and it should have perspective for the next several years

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: what direction to choose after getting ocp
          Hemant K Chitale

You are lucky that your organization is paying for courses !

If you want to continue being a database administrator, RAC would be the direction (the 11gR2 Accelerated Grid and RAC course is the most expensive course I've seen).  However, if you are also supporting other products -- e.g. WebLogic is popular -- you'd do a course in that product.  If you perceive being an EBusiness Suite administrator, you'd consider a course in EBusiness Suite or Fusion Applications administration.

Hemant K Chitale

• 2. Re: what direction to choose after getting ocp
            rodneyli

You are indeed very lucky that you get to take courses for "free".

I would also vote for Oracle RAC. A lot of companies now have high availability requirements so it helps to be RAC certified.

If your companies have other Oracle Products like Peoplesoft, i would also learn that.

• 3. Re: what direction to choose after getting ocp
              Philippe Ludwig

I recommend you have a look at the new MySQL 5.6 exams. You can attend course "MySQL for developers" and/or "MySQL for administrators". There is no study guide available at the market.

Open Source DBs are booming since many years. MySQL 5.6 is similar to MariaDB.

It's very good for DBA to see other RDBMS product than Oracle Server. So you can compare and extend your skills.

• 4. Re: what direction to choose after getting ocp
                Baurzhan.K

Thanks

Hemant K Chitale написал(а):

You are lucky that your organization is paying for courses !

If you want to continue being a database administrator, RAC would be the direction (the 11gR2 Accelerated Grid and RAC course is the most expensive course I've seen).  However, if you are also supporting other products -- e.g. WebLogic is popular -- you'd do a course in that product.  If you perceive being an EBusiness Suite administrator, you'd consider a course in EBusiness Suite or Fusion Applications administration.

Hemant K Chitale

Thanks. I will study RAC 11g next week.