1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 15, 2014 1:35 AM by user13334084 RSS

JMS ReceiveNowait operation(Delaying the JMS messge read for 10 minutes or making teh JMS adapter --consume operation not tobe a trigger for the BPEL)

HI,

I have a requirement where quartz scheduler is going tobe a trigger for my BPEL process and in middle of teh BPEL process, I need to read a message from teh JMS queue.How can I aceive this?If I use JMS adapter with consume operation, then My BPEL is going to ahve 2 triggeres(1 quartz scheduler and teh other JMS adapter with consume operation).BUt I don't want my JMS adapter to act as a trigger to BPEL .All I want is quartz scheduler as trigger and in middle of teh process, I need to read a message from JMS queue.Could you please guide me how to acheive this ?Also, can you please let me know if we can delay the message read from the JMS queue for 10 minutes or 20 minutes?I mean, though we have a message in JMS queue, it should be triggered only for every 10 minutes to 20 minutes.please advice

Thanks,

madhuri

• 1. Re: JMS ReceiveNowait operation(Delaying the JMS messge read for 10 minutes or making teh JMS adapter --consume operation not tobe a trigger for the BPEL)
          user13334084

Hi Madhuri,

For the second part of your question where you are looking for Inbound Throttling of Inbound Message, you can use the below property:

There is an JCA Service Binding Property which can be used to control the speed at which the adapter posts messages to BPEL .

<property name="minimumDelayBetweenMessages">1000</property>

This setting ensures that there at least will be 1000 milliseconds delay between the two consecutive messages being Consumed by JMS Adapter and being posted to BPEL.

PS:

Few points to remember is that this setting pertains only to BPEL, and only to one adapter polling thread.

If multiple adapter polling threads (e.g. multiple JMS dequeuer threads) have been configured, this setting will control the speed of each thread, not the combined speed.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh.V