1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 21, 2014 12:19 PM by Davet-Oracle RSS

HCM Upgrade from 8.8 to 9.2 - Person Model Effect

Hi

We are upgrading from HCM 8.8 to 9.2 and I have some questions w.r.t the conversion ofnon employees into CWR and POI-

1) How do I convert the non employees into POI. I understand by default all non employees will be converted as CWR.

2) Do I have to insert a data conversion row for each of  the employe, non employee nd CWR as part of  the upgrade.

3) Do I need to map the actions and action reasons in 8.8 to the action and action/reasons in 9.2?

4) any Other thing that I may need to do ?

• 1. Re: HCM Upgrade from 8.8 to 9.2 - Person Model Effect
          Davet-Oracle

The following is from

PeopleSoft Enterprise Human Resource Management System 8.8x to 9.1 Feature Pack – December 2010 Upgrade

Appendix L

Understanding Person Model Changes

Employees and Contingent Workers comprise the workforce and are required to have a JOB history.

Persons of Interest might have a JOB record if certain products process them. POIs include Cobra

Participants, Pension Payees, and Stock non-emps, Learning Solution Students needing a refund via

NA Payroll, External Trainers, and External Students. Because processes are already built for these

groupings that need information on the JOB record, those groups will need to have a JOB record.

Currently, the only POI types that don’t need a JOB record are the External Trainers and External

Students (including the Applicants needing training prior to hire).

The new model will allow a Person to be an Employee, a Contingent Worker, and/or a Person of

Interest simultaneously or in succession using the same EMPLID. Each organizational relationship will

be separated by EMPL_RCD — meaning any one EMPL_RCD for a Person can only be for one

organizational relationship history. But there is no intelligence in the actual EMPL_RCD number.