3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2014 7:37 AM by Sachin Gupta RSS

Database needed for configuring BI Publisher with P6 8.2 EPPM

user10961216

Hello everyone,

I have P6 EPPM installed and i want to enable publishing of reports through BI Publisher. From my experience with Contract Management 14 BI Edition, before installing BI one has to install a reporting database (from RCU utility). In P6 what is the procedure? Does PMDB schema has the necessary tables in order to connect to BI directly or do I have to create a separate db (and how) ?

FYI I tried to install an MDS database from RCU utility and connect it to PMDB but it failed. What am i missing here?

Many thanks,

TN

• 1. Re: Database needed for configuring BI Publisher with P6 8.2 EPPM
          Sachin Gupta

You need to install BI first and the steps are no different if you have installed BI for contract management. Basically BI is a separate product and running RCU, weblogic installation are all part of it.

P6 you can enable publication services and the data will be generated in extended/reporting schema pxrptuser. You will connect BI with this reporting schema. Detail steps are available in the installation & configuration guide release with all versions of P6

Link to documentation is Primavera Applications

Regards,

Sachin Gupta

• 2. Re: Database needed for configuring BI Publisher with P6 8.2 EPPM
            user10961216

Hi Sachin and thank you for your reply,

what troubles me is the fact that in trying to install MDS database , eventhough I passed the prerequisites and connected to PMDB, when the utility tried to apply the BI schema to the database it failed.

Unfrounately I dont have the log available. Please clarify one thing for me. Based on what you said I need to install a P6 database from EPPM media (V29693-01.zip\P6_R82\p6suite\database\) and not from any other media, correct? Then in the RCU utility i  "Click the plus sign next to the Business Intelligence component group. Then,

click Business Intelligence Platform so that a check appears next to it. This action automatically selects the Metadata Services (MDS) schema (under the AS

Common Schemas group), which is also required by Oracle Business Intelligence."  - from Oracle® Fusion Middleware Installation Guide for Oracle Business Intelligence 11g Release 1 (11.1.1) E10539-02

regards,

TN 

• 3. Re: Database needed for configuring BI Publisher with P6 8.2 EPPM
              Sachin Gupta

You are right in what you stated.

Regards,

Sachin Gupta