1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 29, 2014 2:57 AM by AndyH RSS

Cannot Start ORDS 2.0.8 with Glassfish 3.1.2 Community Edition

Greetings all,

Today I thought I would attempt to deploy APEX on a live server rather than keeping it running locally on my machine, I set up Oracle Linux, Installed Apex and then after much toiling with JRE's installed Glassfish, I have it running on 8080 for the front end, and the backend is running on 4848 - great.

So onwards i went to configure the listener, i followed the information on docs.oracle.com for setting up the ORDS, changed the config path, the war file name and also i copied it to the directory where apex was running in a folder called listener.

However when I try to run the listener i get the following error in my server log and basically i do not know where else to turn to because i do not know what the error means.

I also used this information here (Apex Listener 2.0.2 and Glassfish 4) however as far as i am aware the user does have permission to write, which in that case was the issue.

The error i get is this:

[oracle@oel listener]$ /usr/local/glassfish3/glassfish/bin/asadmin deploy --name apex --contextroot apex  apex.war

remote failure: Error occurred during deployment: Exception while loading the app : java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: oracle.dbtools.common.service.ServiceLocatorException: Error occurred while injecting: private oracle.dbtools.rt.oauth.bdb.Approvals oracle.dbtools.rt.oauth.builtin.BuiltIns.approvals. Please see server.log for more details.

Command deploy failed.

I've got the server log available if needed.

Many thanks on this i feel like im against a brick wall.

EDIT - after a few hours searching apparently I cannot spell glassfish != glassfsih