5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2014 5:58 PM by Dev.32642-Oracle RSS

Section trigger inside group trigger is not working in documaker

Dev.32642-Oracle

Hi All,

I have the below Form structure requirement.But it's not printing the correct details as required.This is related to a section trigger inside a group which is having a group level trigger.

Form has.

groupStart

>>Group trigger

section1

section2

>>Section2 trigger

section3

groupEnd

So My expectation of the output would be :

Group1Starts

Section1_group1

Section2_group1_1

Section2_group1_2

Section2_group1_3

Section3_group1

Section1_group2

Section2_group2_1

Section2_group2_2

Section3_group3

But this is not working.The section level triggers not giving me correct result.

• 1. Re: Section trigger inside group trigger is not working in documaker
          user9976634

It would be helpful (always) to include your specific product version and patch level as there are sometimes bugs or subtleties that might come into play.

If your group trigger is false , then the group will not be entered and therefore your internal sections will not have opportunity to execute.

Without knowing more about your trigger conditions and what you actually got as a result, it is difficult to be more specific.

• 2. Re: Section trigger inside group trigger is not working in documaker
            Dev.32642-Oracle

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.The product version i am using is 12.3.0.23269 March 04 2014 Build.

I understand that if group trigger returns value as 0, then the section and section trigger will not execute at all.

To explain you further, i have the following scenario.

group level trigger:

#CHECK2  = CountRec("!//Applicant[FinancialPositionDetails]") which gives result as 2.

section level trigger:

#CHECK2=#CHECK2;

samplecnt5=#CHECK2;

#incomecnt=countrec("!//Applicant["&samplecnt5&"]/FinancialPositionDetails/IncomeDetails/Income")

return(#incomecnt)

These are my scripts. Please let me know if you need any more details.

• 3. Re: Section trigger inside group trigger is not working in documaker
              Dev.32642-Oracle

Hi All,

Adding to the original post.

The product version i am using is 12.3.0.23269 March 04 2014 Build.

I understand that if group trigger returns value as 0, then the section and section trigger will not execute at all.

To explain you further, i have the following scenario.

group level trigger:

#CHECK2  = CountRec("!//Applicant[FinancialPositionDetails]") which gives result as 2.

section level trigger:

#CHECK2=#CHECK2;

samplecnt5=#CHECK2;

#incomecnt=countrec("!//Applicant["&samplecnt5&"]/FinancialPositionDetails/IncomeDetails/Income")

return(#incomecnt)

These are my scripts. Please let me know if you need any more details.

• 4. Re: Section trigger inside group trigger is not working in documaker
                user9976634

I would guess from this that your results are that you get the same number of sections in every group. This would be because your secondary script is essentially hard-wired to returned the count of items in the last occurrence of the group.

For example, the group level would appear to set a value based upon the a count. By your comment, after the trigger, #Check2 = 2.

Then in your second script, this value into another variable named samplecnt5. So samplecnt5 = 2.

This means that your secondary script will always return the same result because the xPath will look like this:

#incomecnt=countrec("!//Applicant[2]/FinancialPositionDetails/IncomeDetails/Income")

Appears to me that you need to use a different mechanism to provide the group "instance" that you wish to search in the secondary trigger and not use the overall count of the groups.

• 5. Re: Section trigger inside group trigger is not working in documaker
                  Dev.32642-Oracle

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you suggest some alternative options for the same ?

It will be surely great help.

Thanks.