1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 30, 2014 6:54 AM by Jeff Smith Sqldev Pm-Oracle RSS

Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler (32/64 bit) Installation Trouble

user819565

Hello,

I've some trouble in installing the Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler  parallel in 32/64 bit. The default is both versions are installed parallel in the same directory by unzipping the download file. If the 32bit version is started first, it asks for the 32bit JDK and enters this path in the SetJavaHome placed in the file product.conf found in the directory C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler\<Version>\. Here the SetJavaHome must be set to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk<java-version>\ instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk<java-version>\.

It takes me some time to find this configuration file, for the way, described in this diskussion leads into thw wrong direction for the actual version

Installation Trouble

While the path c:\Users\<username>\AppData\ normally is invisible to all users, it is hard to find the configuration file product.conf with the SetJavaHome.

If there is need of using the 32bit version again, the variable SetJavaHome must be set to the 32bit JDK back again.

I hope this will help others in saving time by troubleshooting this Problems.