5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2014 7:47 AM by JRadio RSS

Triggering DRM SortOrder Evaluation

JRadio

Is anyone familiar with a method of triggering the Core.SortOrder property evaluation in DRM without having to add a sibling or move a sibling within each level of a hierarchy (triggering the prompt 'Create/Put as Sibling or Reorder' property)?

I am dealing with a large hierarchy where the Core.SortOrder property has been manually overridden throughout time. In an attempt to clear these manual overrides and trigger DRM's inherent calculation of the Core.SortOrder property, I removed the value (selecting 'Clear All Below') from the top hierarchy node. This effectively clears all manual overrides but sets the SortOrder property to 0 for all nodes within the hierarchy. It looks like adding a sibling node or moving a node triggers DRM's calculation of sortoder but only within that level. Is anyone familiar with a way of achieving the recalculation of Sort Order within a hierarchy?

I have the following preferences set:

1.     Set the SortLimbsFirst system preference = False

2.     Set the StandardHierSort property = Core.SortOrder

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Triggering DRM SortOrder Evaluation
          KKT

Hi,

Excuse us for no reply in this post .

You should be able to Move the nodes where ever you wish to when the hierarchy has core.sortorder on it, please make sure while moving the nodes you select the option of put as a sibling and re-order, also keep an eye on the system category property 'Sort Order', it will get updated with values ranging from 0 to N depends on the no of children the node has.

Thanks,

~KKT~

• 2. Re: Triggering DRM SortOrder Evaluation
            JRadio

Hi KKT,

The reorder siblings option works, but I am trying to enhance a mature environment where the Core.SortOrder property has been manually overridden throughout time. I would like to avoid reordering thousands of members around manually.

I am interested in clearing the manual overrides (which I can do by selecting 'Clear All Below' on the top hierarchy node) and triggering DRM's inherent calculation of Core.SortOrder at every level. My problem is that when I clear the override, the Core.SortOrder property gets set to 0 for all sibling and child nodes (not 0 to N as expected) and I cannot make it recalculate unless I move a sibling around within each specific level. My hierarchy has a lot of levels, so doing this manually would take too much time.

• 3. Re: Triggering DRM SortOrder Evaluation
              KKT

Hi,

Thanks for Information.

I will leave this for more comments and let's see if we can get some more ideas to it.

Thanks,

~KKT~

• 4. Re: Triggering DRM SortOrder Evaluation

Hi,

Can i know more detail about this requirement that why you  need a node sort order within DRM?. Reason am asking ,because deriving sort order within drm have performance impact.

Thanks

DG

• 5. Re: Triggering DRM SortOrder Evaluation
                  JRadio

Hi,

We are referencing the Core.SortOrder property in the formula of a Custom.SortOrderHyperion property required for our target systems. Can you please elaborate on the performance impacts of using sort order?

Thanks.