11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2014 11:46 AM by 926624 RSS

Data Mining option in EAS Console

Hi All,

We are migrating  Hyperion Essbase cubes from 7.1.6 to 11.1.2.3. I have a question about Data Mining Option on which am not familiar.

In the V7 EAS Console we have a branch Named as Data Mining with Algorithms, Mining Models, Mining Results, Mining Templates and Mining Sessions. I have around 6 rows of data in the Algorithms table.I don't see this option in V11.

Do we need to consider this during our migration process? If yes, Could some one please let us know the procedure or references to handle this from V7 to V11 ?

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Chinnu

• 1. Re: Data Mining option in EAS Console
          TimG

As of 11.1.2.3 Data Mining is no longer supported in Essbase / EAS (see the 11.1.2.3 Readme), so you can't migrate it.

• 2. Re: Data Mining option in EAS Console

Thanks Tim for your response.

The document has clear explanation of Data Mining option. Will this Data Mining effect on Migration?

For your note we are not upgrading the existing Essbase, we are Re-hosting to a new Server using the Migration Utility Wizard.

Thanks,

Chinnu

• 3. Re: Data Mining option in EAS Console
              GlennS_3

IIf you are going from 7.1.2 to 11.1.2.3 you are upgrading. You should have no impact from the data mining as no one ever used it. There might be other issues as internal cube structures have changed between those versions. It is also possible that load riles could have issues. 

• 4. Re: Data Mining option in EAS Console

Hello Glenn, Thanks for your response.

We are in the process of migration. As per my current observation, when i migrated the V7 otl file to 11.1.2.3 the count of dimension members matching but the count of stored members in the dimensions are less when compared to V7 for some dimensions. As the count of members are in thousands am not able to find where the exact difference issue is coming up.

Do you guys have any idea on this ? is this something i have to look more ?

I started  testing of all script files, still haven't reached the Data load part will concentrate more on this part as you suggested.

Best Regards,

Chinnu

• 5. Re: Data Mining option in EAS Console
                  TimG

It's a guess, but the only reason I can think of for differing stored member counts is different implied share handling.  But if anything I would expect more stored members in the newer environment.  Could you post the .cfg files from the two servers?

Maybe if you have a dimension with a relatively small difference in count, you could find all the possible implied shares (i.e. parents with one child, or parents with only one child with a + consolidation oeprator) and see if that makes sense.

• 6. Re: Data Mining option in EAS Console

Hello Tim,

Thanks for the update.As per your update am looking for the implied shared objects.

What

• 7. Re: Data Mining option in EAS Console

Hello Tim,

Thanks for the update.As per your update am looking for the implied shared objects,  but as you said i have less stored members in new version than the old version. The count of members in a dimension are matching.

I am more concern about this, Will this create any problem in future ?

I haven't edited the configuration file till now. Please have a look on the configuration file of old and new server.

Old Server

The following entry specifies the full path to JVM.DLL

JVMMODULELOCATION  /essbase/common/JRE/HP/1.4.2/lib/PA_RISC2.0/server/libjvm.sl

CALCCACHEHIGH 200000000

CALCCACHELOW 5000000

CALCCACHEDEFAULT 200000

CALCLOCKBLOCKHIGH 1200

CALCLOCKBLOCKDEFAULT 500

MAXLOGINS 5000

CRASHDUMP FALSE

LOGMESSAGELEVEL INFO 

SERVERPORTBEGIN 32768

SERVERPORTEND 32918

New Server

; The following entry specifies the full path to JVM.DLL

; JvmModuleLocation  $J(EPM_ORACLE_HOME)/../jdk160_35/jre/lib/sparc/server/libjvm.so

BPM_Oracle_DriverDescriptor "DataDirect 7.0 Oracle Wire Protocol"

BPM_DB2_DriverDescriptor "DataDirect 7.0 DB2 Wire Protocol"

;BPM_SQLServer_DriverDescriptor "DataDirect 7.0 SQL Server Native Wire Protocol"

BPM_SQLServer_DriverDescriptor "DataDirect 7.0 SQL Server Wire Protocol"

;BPM_Netezza_DriverDescriptor "NetezzaSQL"

BPM_Teradata_DriverDescriptor "Teradata"

;BPM_ORACLEBI_DriverDescriptor "Oracle BI Server 11g_OHXXXX"

BPM_ORACLEBI_DriverDescriptor "Oracle BI Server"

BPM_MySQL_DriverDescriptor "DataDirect 7.0 MySQL Wire Protocol

AuthenticationModule CSS

AGENTPORT 1423

SERVERPORTBEGIN 32768

SERVERPORTEND 33768

AGENTDESC hypservice

Please suggest me if you find something in this.

Thanks,

Chinnu

• 8. Re: Data Mining option in EAS Console
                        TimG

Hi Chinnu, nothing in there that looks obvious (I was wondering if you had used the IMPLIED_SHARE setting).  Be interested to know what you find.

• 9. Re: Data Mining option in EAS Console

Hi TimG,

I didn't find any difference between the two version, i have found a similar thread Re: Cube migration.

Is this a known issue? Will it cause any issue in future ?

I did some random testing with calc scripts, data load, etc., till now it looks fine. My main script includes a bunch of calc scripts , data loads, Maxl scripts, shell scripts, perl scripts.. etc.,  May be i have to check with complete run.

Please guide me if you have some more thoughts to figure out the issue.

Thanks for your response.

-Chinnu

• 10. Re: Data Mining option in EAS Console
                            TimG

I don't, sorry - it's interesting that other people have noticed the same thing with respect to v7 upgrades.  My guess would be that it will be harmless (especially since your testing looks good) but I can't be certain.

Unfortunately the Cumulative Feature Overview tool doesn't go back to v7, so if there was an enhancement or change in implied share handling it might require going back through the ReadMe files for each release.

It would still be interesting to track down one of the members affected, but it might involve trial and error (cutting branches out of a copy of an old app and a copy of the same app on the new platform, for example).

• 11. Re: Data Mining option in EAS Console

Thanks TimG,

Will check that also as you suggested. Your help is appreciated. Please post here if you came to something about this.

Thanks,

Chinnu