3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2014 1:58 PM by 2733134 RSS

Where to get OCCI for GCC?

I'm searching for the Oracle C++ Call Interface for gcc. Not specifically for Linux, because I'm using MinGW gcc on Windows as well.

On Oracle C++ Call Interface is a link to a download page called "OCCI for Linux/Windows", but there's only a Visual C++ download. Did I miss something? Or is there any other/new way for C++ database development?

• 1. Re: Where to get OCCI for GCC?

OCCI comes by default along with Oracle database client. So you can download client for your version and platform.

• 2. Re: Where to get OCCI for GCC?

I haven't installed the Oracle Database Client. I wanted a minimal setup.

I downloaded the Oracle Instant Client SDK and Basic and now it works with Visual Studio. I found out that Oracle ships it only for Visual Studio. I read something about, that it might work with cygwin, but it doesn't really work. All I get is this:

$ g++ -L/cygdrive/e/instantclient_12_1/sdk/lib/msvc/ -I/cygdrive/e/instantclient_12_1/sdk/include/ OracleSqlTest.cpp -ociw32 -loci -loraocci12

/tmp/cce5RtIc.o:OracleSqlTest.cpp:(.text+0x37): undefined reference to `oracle::occi::Environment::createEnvironment(oracle::occi::Environment::Mode, void*, void* (*)(void*, unsigned int), void* (*)(void*, void*, unsigned int), void (*)(void*, void*))'

To my knowledge that means, that those libs (compiled with VC) aren't compatible with my cygwin g++. Is that right?

• 3. Re: Where to get OCCI for GCC?

i am having trouble connecting to database using OCCI OTT utility , please let me know if anyone has done it before...