2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2014 11:42 PM by Thanos A.

Parent account set to IsICP=N even when base accounts are set to IsICP=Y - does this make sense?

Dear HFM Gurus,

I have a HFM question - hope you can help.

We recently migrated from HFM V9.3.1 to HFM V9.3.3.

In our HFM application, we have some parent accounts with IsICP=N even though some base accounts are set as IsICP=Y.

For e.g.

ParentAccountA

|-- SubAccountA.1

|-- SubAccountA.2

|-- SubAccount A.3

SubAccountA.1 and SubAccountA.2 may be set with IsICP=N but SubAccountA.3 is set with IsICP=Y.  ParentAcountA is set with IsICP=N.

In HFM V9.3.1 / SmartView V9.3.1 - users were able to see rollup numbers at ParentAccountA->[ICP Entities] level even through it is shown as invalid intersection (brown colour).

However, in HFM V9.3.3 / SmartView V9.3.1 as well as HFM V9.3.3 / Smartview V9.3.3, ParentAccountA->[ICP Entities] doesn't show numbers.

I want to ask you:

1. Does it make sense to set ParentAccountA with IsICP=N in the first place if some of the base level accounts are set as IsICP=Y in the first place?  In what circumstances one would ever do this (i.e. set IsICP=N at parent account level even through some base level accounts are set as IsICP=Y)?

2. What is the possible solution for this? Just change the metadata files settings for parent accounts to change settings to IsICP=Y and reload the metadata file? Would there be any other implication of making this change?  Any other solution?

Appreciate any help you can provide with this.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Parent account set to IsICP=N even when base accounts are set to IsICP=Y - does this make sense?

Dear All,

I tried to following changes in our Development environment (V9.3.1)

1. Extract metadata - account dimension only - in a .app file

2. Use text editor to make changes in extracted metadata file -  to couple of parent line items - turn on IsICP flag to Y and include plug account. Save it as a new .app file.

3. Use winmerge utility to compare the old and new .app file to make sure that changes are made to only these couple of line items and that too only for ICP flag and plug account

4. Tried to load metadata in HFM.

I get following error. Any idea what am I doing wrong here?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Catastrophic failure

Show Details:

Error Reference Number: {8CDDF083-D5F0-4C05-8200-7FE8A6EFCE81};User Name:testuser@Native Directory
          Num: 0x8000ffff;Type: 0;DTime: 8/23/2014 11:05:26 PM;Svr: XYZ-HYPDEV;File: CHsvMetadataLoadACV.cpp;Line: 347;Ver: 9.3.1.0.1502;

• 2. Re: Parent account set to IsICP=N even when base accounts are set to IsICP=Y - does this make sense?
            Thanos A.

Hi there,

You can have set IsICP = N for a parent account but this means that you are loosing the ICP information when you try to extract in smart view. In workspace, you will see the value in a red background.

I would suggest you to extract the file and edit it with the HFM desktop client.

Kind regards,

Thanos