5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2014 12:32 AM by James.Tran RSS

JDeveloper does not show Protected flex fields for mapping

James.Tran

Using BPM (11.1.1.7) Workspace, as an Administrator, I've created two Protected flex fields as following:

Capture15.png

I expected that these two fields would appear in JDeveloper (11.1.1.7) for mapping data from Human tasks' Payload. However, the Attribute drop-down menu appeared to be empty.

Capture16.png

I've tried to restart all of my servers several times but it didn't help. I'd be extremely grateful if you could show me what configurations I may have missed.

• 1. Re: JDeveloper does not show Protected flex fields for mapping
          Gabriel Sala

Hi James.

I just tested on my JDev 11.1.1.7 with both SOA Composite and  BPMN editor versions 11.1.1.7.0.00.97 against SOA 11.1.1.7.3 (18072286 ) and it works.

Looking the KM I found an internal article describing a problem similar to yours on 11.1.1.7.0 that was fixed by updating the JDev SOA composite

So the recommendation is to update the SOA Composite and  BPMN editor on JDev and possibly install the BP4 (latest bundle patch) on the SOA runtime

// Gabriel

• 2. Re: JDeveloper does not show Protected flex fields for mapping
            James.Tran

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

My development environment is as following:

- JDeveloper Studio Edition Version 11.1.1.7.0

Build JDEVADF_11.1.1.7.0_GENERIC_130226.1400.6493

- BPMN Editor v11.1.1.7.0.0.97

- SOA Composite Editor v11.1.1.7.0.00.97

- SOA Suite 11.1.1.7.0

After reading your reply, I tried to update my BPM Editor and SOA Composite Editor extensions. The current version are:

- BPMN Editor v11.1.1.7.0.1.32

- SOA Composite Editor v11.1.1.7.0.01.32

Unfortunately, the updates couldn't solve the problem .

• 3. Re: JDeveloper does not show Protected flex fields for mapping
              Daniel Atwood

I'm sure Gabriel's onto something, but I've noticed the same problem.

Might not be your issue, but I find that I can get it to work if JDeveloper is running on the same machine as the server.  For example when using a VM, and I try running JDeveloper to expose protected flex fields it will not work.  When I run JDeveloper on the VM then it works fine.

Not a great solution I know, but that's been the only way I've gotten it to work in 11.1.1.7.

Dan

• 4. Re: JDeveloper does not show Protected flex fields for mapping
                James.Tran

Currently, I'm using a stand-alone WLS on my laptop for development. So, this problem happens even with JDeveloper on the same machine.

• 5. Re: JDeveloper does not show Protected flex fields for mapping
                  James.Tran

After updating BPM Editor and SOA Composite Editor extensions to the latest version via JDeveloper, I noticed that the SOA server throwed the following exception in the log every time I tried to access the Attribute drop-down menu:

Invalid Token Error in Verification Service. Received invalid token in null.
                  Verify that correct token is passed.
                  ORABPEL-30503

Invalid Token Error in Verification Service.
                  Invalid Token Error in Verification Service. Received invalid token in null.
                  Verify that correct token is passed.

Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Null token

The above exception is indeed caused by SOA Suite v11.1.1.7.0. After applying the SOA Bundle Patch v11.1.1.7.4, the issue is finally resolved. JDeveloper can now show the Attribute list for mapping.