7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2014 9:16 AM by da*306939*la RSS

INST-07408: Unable to install or configure the product on a 32-bit JVM on a 64-bit machine.

dba mis

Hi all,

On Windows 7 64-bit

1) I installed Java at D:\Oracle\Java\jdk1.6.0_39     (using jdk-6u39-windows-x64.exe)

2) then i installed WLS 11g R1 (i.e. 10.3.6 using wls1036_win32.exe)

3) then i installed OFM 11g R2 (11.1.2.2.0 64 bit)

Error: INST-07408: Unable to install or configure the product on a 32-bit JVM on a 64-bit machine.

I tried different combinations of OFM and WLS but all in vain...

Note that WLS 11g R1 (i.e. 10.3.6 using wls1036_win32.exe) is recommended from oracle for  OFM 11g R2 (11.1.2.2.0 64 bit).

pls help

Best reagrds

• 1. Re: INST-07408: Unable to install or configure the product on a 32-bit JVM on a 64-bit machine.
          da*306939*la

dba mis

I had the same problem and this how I solved it.

you will need to deinstall the weblogic and ofm you currently have on your machine, make sure to clear out registry and env variables etc.

there is only one version of weblogic that is compatible with 64 bit machine.  wls1036_generic.jar ( you need to download this version).

then install the OFM Forms and Reports: (these are windows os)

ofm_frmrpts_win_11.1.2.2.0_64_disk1_1of2

ofm_frmrpts_win_11.1.2.2.0_64_disk1_2of2

hope this helps.

• 3. Re: INST-07408: Unable to install or configure the product on a 32-bit JVM on a 64-bit machine.
            dba mis

Your solution solved my problem. but now when i configure classic instance, it gets stucked on 24% at step 11 of 12 where installer configures tools and creates domains. Even after one hour it is not resuming...

My PATH variable entries are:

C:\Oracle\Middleware\FRHome\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Oracle\Java;C:\Oracle\Middleware\FRHome\opmn\bin;C:\Oracle\Middleware\FRHome\opmn\lib;C:\Oracle\Middleware\FRHome\perl\bin

Pls help

• 4. Re: INST-07408: Unable to install or configure the product on a 32-bit JVM on a 64-bit machine.
              Sharmela-Oracle

Hi,

Make sure you choose Development mode during configuration since it is Win 7

Don't choose deployment mode.

Thanks,

Sharmela

• 5. Re: INST-07408: Unable to install or configure the product on a 32-bit JVM on a 64-bit machine.
                da*306939*la

hi dba mis

I don't recall what step 24 (ofm) entailed. I do remember getting stuck at some point during ofm install and that was because I had inadvertently created the Domain during the Weblogic install (which I discovered was a no-no).  send me exact error message.

1) just install Weblogic - nothing else, all you should have is Admin Server and Node Manager after install and they are up and running.

2) install ofm - let ofm create Domain (classicdomain) and Managed Servers( WLS_FORMS, WLS_REPORTS) install DEPLOYMENT mode (not development) you need Oracle Enterprise Manager to configure Forms and Reports Environments. development mode does not include EM install.

hope this helps.

• 6. Re: INST-07408: Unable to install or configure the product on a 32-bit JVM on a 64-bit machine.
                  dba mis

thanks for help.

i followed ur steps and  it is running now successfully.

Again problem is that when i call a report from a form, an error message is shown:

FRM-14148 unable to connect to Report server WLS_REPORTS.

WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED:

declare

repid  REPORT_OBJECT;

BEGIN

repid := find_report_object('REPORT_OBJECT'); 

RUN_REPORT_PROC( repid, 'PDF', CACHE,

'\VIS\REPORTS\COMPANY',

'paramform=NO P_COMP_CODE='||''''||:COMPANY_CODE||'''');

END;

RUN_REPORT_PROC

--------------------------------------------

PROCEDURE RUN_REPORT_PROC(report_id REPORT_OBJECT,

report_format       VARCHAR2,

report_destype_name NUMBER,

report_file_name    VARCHAR2,

report_otherparam   VARCHAR2

) IS

report_server_name  VARCHAR2(100);

reports_servlet     VARCHAR2(100);

report_message      VARCHAR2(100) := '';

rep_status          VARCHAR2(100) :='';

vjob_id             VARCHAR2(4000) :='';

hidden_action       VARCHAR2(2000) :='';

v_report_other      VARCHAR2(4000) :='';

i                   number (5);

c                   char;

c_old               char;

c_new               char;

p                   VARCHAR2(100);

SVR_ADD             VARCHAR2(100);

BEGIN

select  WEB_PATH, RPT_SVR_NAME, SERVER_ADDRESS||'/reports/rwservlet'

into    P, report_server_name, reports_servlet

from    VIS.SW_ADMIN;

SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(report_id,REPORT_COMM_MODE,SYNCHRONOUS);

SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(report_id,REPORT_FILENAME,P||report_file_name);

SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(report_id,REPORT_SERVER,report_server_name);

SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(report_id,REPORT_DESTYPE,report_destype_name);

SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(report_id,REPORT_DESFORMAT,report_format);

hidden_action := hidden_action ||' &report = '||GET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(report_id,REPORT_FILENAME);

hidden_action := hidden_action||' &destype = '||GET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(report_id,REPORT_DESTYPE);

hidden_action := hidden_action||' &desformat = '||GET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY (report_id,REPORT_DESFORMAT);

hidden_action := hidden_action ||' &userid = '||get_application_property(username)||'/'||

get_application_property(password)||'@'||get_application_property(connect_string);

c_old :='@';

FOR i IN 1..LENGTH(report_otherparam) LOOP

c_new:= substr(report_otherparam,i,1);

IF (c_new =' ') THEN

c:='&';

ELSE

c:= c_new;

END IF;

-- eliminate multiple blanks

IF (c_old =' ' and c_new = ' ') THEN

null;

ELSE

v_report_other := v_report_other||c;

END IF;

c_old := c_new;

END LOOP;

hidden_action := hidden_action ||'&'|| v_report_other;

hidden_action := reports_servlet||'?_hidden_server='||report_server_name|| encode(hidden_action);

SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(report_id,REPORT_OTHER,'pfaction='||hidden_action||' '||report_otherparam);

report_message := run_report_object(report_id);

rep_status := report_object_status(report_message);

IF rep_status='FINISHED' THEN

vjob_id :=substr(report_message,length(report_server_name)+2,length

(report_message));

WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT(reports_servlet||'/getjobid'||vjob_id||'?server='||    report_server_name,' _blank');

ELSE

null;

END IF;

END;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

pls help

best regards

• 7. Re: INST-07408: Unable to install or configure the product on a 32-bit JVM on a 64-bit machine.
                    da*306939*la

hi dba mis - glad you got it installed.  on the report server matter not much I can offer on how you are connecting db to the Forms and Reports environment except to offer the below steps you may want to check out. in our case we are using third party application so we had to conform to the application design and rpt_server configuration setup in the application.

steps to check:

1) tnsnames.ora  make sure you have service_name connection to database in oracle>instance home>config file.

2) Forms and Reports Environment ID's setup and match

3) Report server url established, in our case ours looks like this:

http://hostname.xxxx.com:8888/reports/rwservlet?reports/rwservlet/getjobid=',

Report Run:

'http://hostname:8888/reports/rwservlet/getjobid=?server=RptSvr_hostname_asinst_1'

if you installed in standalone mode you need to use "RptSvr_hostname_asinst_1" (see above)

instead of  "rep_hostname_asinst_1"

hope this helps you find a solution.