8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2015 7:53 AM by Maahjoor

problem with ords 3.0

Maahjoor

Dear all,

i have installed apex 5 on oracle database 12c and install and configure ords 3.0. on oracle linux.

when i open the browser and issue localhost:8080/ords, i face the following error

404: not found

how to fix this please?

i start my ords as below;

[oracle@oradev ords.3.0.0.121.10.23]$java -jar ords.war

Verify ORDS schema in Database Configuration apex

Jun 03, 2015 1:31:16 PM oracle.dbtools.rt.config.setup.SchemaSetup install

INFO: Oracle REST Data Services schema version 3.0.0.121.10.23

2015-06-03 13:31:16.615:INFO::main: Logging initialized @1784ms

2015-06-03 13:31:17.331:INFO:oejs.Server:main: jetty-9.2.z-SNAPSHOT

2015-06-03 13:31:17.425:INFO:/ords:main: INFO: Using configuration folder: /u01/ords.3.0.0.121.10.23/config/ords

2015-06-03 13:31:17.425:INFO:/ords:main: FINEST: |ApplicationContext [configurationFolder=/u01/ords.3.0.0.121.10.23/config/ords, services=Application Scope]|

Jun 03, 2015 1:31:17 PM oracle.dbtools.common.config.db.DatabasePools validatePool

INFO: Validating pool: apex_al

Jun 03, 2015 1:31:17 PM oracle.dbtools.common.config.db.DatabasePools validatePool

INFO: Pool: apex_al is correctly configured

INFO: Validating pool: apex_pu

INFO: Pool: apex_pu is correctly configured

INFO: Validating pool: apex_rt

INFO: Pool: apex_rt is correctly configured

2015-06-03 13:31:17.679:INFO:/ords:main: INFO: Oracle REST Data Services initialized|Oracle REST Data Services version : 3.0.0.121.10.23|Oracle REST Data Services server info: jetty/9.2.z-SNAPSHOT|

2015-06-03 13:31:17.681:INFO:oejsh.ContextHandler:main: Started o.e.j.s.ServletContextHandler@7365b411{/ords,null,AVAILABLE}

2015-06-03 13:31:17.687:INFO:oejs.ServerConnector:main: Started ServerConnector@6ed749de{HTTP/1.1}{0.0.0.0:8080}

2015-06-03 13:31:17.688:INFO:oejs.Server:main: Started @2863ms

when i issue the localhost:8080/ords  i saw the following in the terminal.

Jun 03, 2015 1:35:39 PM oracle.dbtools.common.config.db.DatabasePools createPool

INFO: Configuration properties for: apex_pu

Jun 03, 2015 1:35:39 PM oracle.dbtools.common.config.db.DatabasePools listConfiguration

INFO: cache.caching=false

cache.directory=/tmp/apex/cache

cache.duration=days

cache.expiration=7

cache.maxEntries=500

cache.monitorInterval=60

cache.procedureNameList=

cache.type=lru

db.hostname=oradev.hct.org

db.port=1521

db.servicename=pdborcl.hct.org

debug.debugger=false

debug.printDebugToScreen=false

error.keepErrorMessages=true

error.maxEntries=50

jdbc.DriverType=thin

jdbc.InactivityTimeout=1800

jdbc.InitialLimit=3

jdbc.MaxConnectionReuseCount=1000

jdbc.MaxLimit=10

jdbc.MaxStatementsLimit=10

jdbc.MinLimit=1

jdbc.statementTimeout=900

log.logging=false

log.maxEntries=50

misc.compress=

misc.defaultPage=apex

security.crypto.enc.password=******

security.crypto.mac.password=******

security.disableDefaultExclusionList=false

security.maxEntries=2000

db.password=******

db.username=ORDS_PUBLIC_USER

Jun 03, 2015 1:35:39 PM oracle.dbtools.common.config.db.ConfigurationValues log

WARNING: *** jdbc.MaxLimit in configuration apex_pu is using a value of 10, this setting may not be sized adequately for a production environment ***

WARNING: *** jdbc.InitialLimit in configuration apex_pu is using a value of 3, this setting may not be sized adequately for a production environment ***

Jun 03, 2015 1:35:39 PM oracle.ucp.common.UniversalConnectionPoolBase initInactiveConnectionTimeoutTimer

INFO: inactive connection timeout timer scheduled

Jun 03, 2015 1:35:39 PM oracle.dbtools.common.config.db.DatabasePools createPool

INFO: Configuration properties for: apex_al

Jun 03, 2015 1:35:39 PM oracle.dbtools.common.config.db.DatabasePools listConfiguration

INFO: cache.caching=false

cache.directory=/tmp/apex/cache

cache.duration=days

cache.expiration=7

cache.maxEntries=500

cache.monitorInterval=60

cache.procedureNameList=

cache.type=lru

db.hostname=oradev.hct.org

db.port=1521

db.servicename=pdborcl.hct.org

debug.debugger=false

debug.printDebugToScreen=false

error.keepErrorMessages=true

error.maxEntries=50

jdbc.DriverType=thin

jdbc.InactivityTimeout=1800

jdbc.InitialLimit=3

jdbc.MaxConnectionReuseCount=1000

jdbc.MaxLimit=10

jdbc.MaxStatementsLimit=10

jdbc.MinLimit=1

jdbc.statementTimeout=900

log.logging=false

log.maxEntries=50

misc.compress=

misc.defaultPage=apex

security.crypto.enc.password=******

security.crypto.mac.password=******

security.disableDefaultExclusionList=false

security.maxEntries=2000

db.password=******

db.username=APEX_LISTENER

WARNING: *** jdbc.MaxLimit in configuration apex_al is using a value of 10, this setting may not be sized adequately for a production environment ***

WARNING: *** jdbc.InitialLimit in configuration apex_al is using a value of 3, this setting may not be sized adequately for a production environment ***

Jun 03, 2015 1:35:39 PM oracle.ucp.common.UniversalConnectionPoolBase initInactiveConnectionTimeoutTimer

INFO: inactive connection timeout timer scheduled

how to fix this?

thank you.

• 1. Re: problem with ords 3.0
          Colm Divilly-Oracle

Please confirm if there is an apex.xml in your configuration folder along with apex_al.xml, apex_pu.xml etc.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Re: problem with ords 3.0
            Maahjoor

Hi Colm Divilly,

i am sorry i think i have opened duplication threads, please refer to my another thread

https://community.oracle.com/thread/3731573

Please confirm if there is an apex.xml in your configuration folder along with apex_al.xml, apex_pu.xml etc.

it was not there, and i just copy apex_pu.xml to apex.xml. and it start working

could you tell me whether this is the right apporach? or we could generate the apex.xml by some other means?

Regards.

• 3. Re: problem with ords 3.0
              Kiran Pawar

Hi Maahjoor,

Maahjoor wrote:

it was not there, and i just copy apex_pu.xml to apex.xml. and it start working

could you tell me whether this is the right apporach? or we could generate the apex.xml by some other means?

No, you do not need to copy the configuration files manually. The are built while configuring the ORDS in configuration folder. The missing configuration file may be the result of wrong configuration choice during configuration of ORDS.

Refer : Colm Divilly's reply in the following thread Re: Re: ORDS 3 404 Error

NOTE : The term "PL/SQL Gateway" refers to the Oracle APEX configuration with ORDS and has to do nothing with Embedded PL/SQL Gateway (EPG) which is one of the web listener options used for Oracle APEX.

Regards,

Kiran

• 4. Re: Re: problem with ords 3.0
                Maahjoor

NOTE : The term "PL/SQL Gateway" refers to the Oracle APEX configuration with ORDS and has to do nothing with Embedded PL/SQL Gateway (EPG) which is one of the web listener options used for Oracle APEX.

really?? i was thinking both of them are the same thats why when i was configuring ORDS and it was asking for PL/SQL Gateway, i skip it. thats why it never create the apex.xml file may be.

Refer : Colm Divilly's reply in the following thread Re: Re: ORDS 3 404 Error

yes, i already read that but i didn't understand at that time that they are two different things. thanks for correcting me.

Regards.

• 5. Re: problem with ords 3.0
                  Kiran Pawar

Hi Maahjoor,

Maahjoor wrote:

really?? i was thinking both of them are the same thats why when i was configuring ORDS and it was asking for PL/SQL Gateway, i skip it. thats why it never create the apex.xml file may be.

Yes, the "PL/SQL Gateway" (while configuring ORDS 3.0) refers to configuring Oracle APEX with ORDS (configuring APEX_PUBLIC_USER) which is required for functioning of Oracle APEX with ORDS.

The ORDS configuration itself creates the required files(no need to manually copy) and which configuration files contains which information is mentioned here:

Refer : http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E56351_01/doc.30/e56293/config_file.htm#AELIG7201

The "Embedded PL/SQL Gateway" refers to configuring the Internal mod_plsql viz. Oracle XML DB HTTP Server with Oracle APEX (using ANONYMOUS user).

This misunderstanding may be the cause behind recent 404 errors while configuring ORDS 3.0 with Oracle APEX.

Regards,

Kiran

• 6. Re: Re: problem with ords 3.0
                    Maahjoor

Yes, the "PL/SQL Gateway" (while configuring ORDS 3.0) refers to configuring Oracle APEX with ORDS (configuring APEX_PUBLIC_USER) which is required for functioning of Oracle APEX with ORDS.

The "Embedded PL/SQL Gateway" refers to configuring the Internal mod_plsql viz. Oracle XML DB HTTP Server with Oracle APEX (using ANONYMOUS user).

This misunderstanding may be the cause behind recent 404 errors while configuring ORDS 3.0 with Oracle APEX.

yes, true.

now i forgot whether i have configured the PL/SQL Gateway or not during the ORDS configureation when it was asking me for this option.

could you tell me how would i ensure the i have configure the PL/SQL Gateway to configure ORDS ?

THank you.

• 7. Re: problem with ords 3.0
                      Kiran Pawar

Hi Maahjoor,

Maahjoor wrote:

now i forgot whether i have configured the PL/SQL Gateway or not during the ORDS configureation when it was asking me for this option.

could you tell me how would i ensure the i have configure the PL/SQL Gateway to configure ORDS ?

You have copied the apex_pu.xml to apex.xml in the configuration folder. Right?

Check the apex.xml file has correct user APEX_PUBLIC_USER.

If you want to re-configure (correctly) "PL/SQL Gateway" in ORDS 3.0, (move the current apex.xml to a different folder viz. backup it) and run the ords.war setup again as mentioned by Colm Divilly in the following thread.

Refer :  Re: Re: ORDS 3 404 Error

NOTE : Check the status of APEX_PUBLIC_USER account, unlock it with suitable password before re-configuring ORDS.

Regards,

Kiran

• 8. Re: Re: problem with ords 3.0
                        Maahjoor

Thank you so much Kiran,

I appriciate your kind help and guidance.