check the saw.log file. Do you have LDAP integrated? if yes check if you have set virtualize=true, change it to false and see if it resolves the issue.
"change it to false and see if it resolves the issue." <-- A bit vague isn't it?
Best to give the OP the hint towards the original description of the problem: https://blogs.oracle.com/proactivesupportEPM/entry/caution_using_microsoft_active_directory
rkomma in 184.108.40.206 there is a bug when using mulitple authentication providers as you can see from the post above (it's not just MSAD btw. it's all auth providers!). And the patch apparently doesn't solve the issue either. There are several posts here in the forum about this issue and there are also several open Service Requests.
Right now there is no way of getting this to work with multiple providers. Only the first one will work.
Agree! But i dont see any other option to work with multiple providers in obiee 220.127.116.11 apart from setting the virtualize to false or remove it completely until Oracle fixes it. Do you see any options?
For the moment - no. Remove the flag or set it to false but definitely raise another SR so Oracle gets forced to resolve this.
For the OP it's important to find the actual source of the issue - it may not necessarily be this specific one but if it is he also should bbe aware of the origins and implications
If the OP doesnt have the multiple providers then there is no point of having the virtualize property and this entire discussion around multiple providers issue
True but he hasn't responded yet so we can't know and it's good to let him know why that can be an issue
Thanks for the response guys. Yes we have LDAP integrated with Active Directory setup. The BISystemUser is only in DefaultAuthenticator.
Order of Authentication Providers:
- DefaultAuthenticator (Control Flag: SUFFICIENT)
- MSAD (Control Flag: OPTIONAL)
Error initializing/loading existing Catalog: /opt/oracle/Middleware/instances/instance1/bifoundation/OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent/coreapplication_obips1/catalog/Master.
Error retrieving user/group data from Oracle BI Server's User Population API.
Could not create a system user connection to Oracle BI Server during start-up. Please check the error message and try again.
Odbc driver returned an error (SQLDriverConnectW).
State: 08004. Code: 10018. [NQODBC] [SQL_STATE: 08004] [nQSError: 10018] Access for the requested connection is refused.
[nQSError: 43113] Message returned from OBIS.
 User authentication failure: bisystemuser2.
Things I tried so far:
- Created another system user (BISystemUser2) to see if this fixes, but it gave the same error as well. BISystemUser, BISystemUser2, OracleSystemUser are all able to login to Console & EM. So, I believe the security setup is working fine.
- Set the virtualize to false --> still same error, completely deleted it and still the same.
- Refreshed the GUID's --> still same error
- Removed the User & User.atr files from /opt/oracle/Middleware/instances/instance1/bifoundation/OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent/coreapplication_obips1/catalog/Master/root/users --> still same error
- I tried with SampleSales RPD and catalog --> still same error
1 person found this helpful
The issue was resolved by deleting the Active Directory (MSAD) from Providers list and creating a new bisystemuser in the defaultauthenticator.