5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2007 10:27 AM by 556498 RSS

CAPI_STAT_DATA_ICAL_NOTANATTENDEE

Hi,

I get the above error when attempting to change the status of an appointment from "I will confirm later" to "I will attend" immediatly after creating the appointment.

I am simply changing the parameter PARTSTAT from NEEDS_ACTION to ACCEPTED.

The error only occurs for specific dates. Most of the time it works fine.

I can find no documentation on this error or any suggestion as to why it is happening.

I hope someone can help.
      Thanks
      George
        • 1. Re: CAPI_STAT_DATA_ICAL_NOTANATTENDEE
          Hi,

This error usually occurs because the sdk can't match the instance starttime.
          Make sure that the instance starttime matches exactly the one from the server.

There are know bugs with DAY EVENTS where there are timezone differences. These bugs have been fixed recently. Fixes should be in 10.1.3.

Here is a workaround suggestion: use the UTC starttime for instances and it should overcome your current issue.

Regards,
          JP
          • 2. Re: CAPI_STAT_DATA_ICAL_NOTANATTENDEE
            Thanks for the hints JP.

I have investigated further and changed all code to save to the Calendar using UTC.

That is fine and the application works fine.

However appointments are displayed inlocal time in the Calendar Client one hour wrong for one particular week just after daylight saving starts.

For the week 02-Oct-2006 to 06-Oct-2006 which is the first week of daylight saving this year in New Zealand, appointments made say at 9pm UCT should be displayed in NZST-12NZDT as 10am the following day ie. 13 hours later. In fact appointments in this one week are displayed as if the time difference is still only 12 Hours and the change to Daylight Saving on the Calendar does not appear to be implemented until the following weekend. ie one week too late.

Is this a known problem and is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks
            George Richardson
            • 3. Re: CAPI_STAT_DATA_ICAL_NOTANATTENDEE
              Hi Goerge,

When there is a TZ shift you have to adjust your UTC time.
              But you are only doing a CSDK_FLAG_STORE_REPLY so you shouldn't be changing any starttimes righ?

Jean-Philippe
              • 4. Re: CAPI_STAT_DATA_ICAL_NOTANATTENDEE
                Jean Philippe,

Sorry, I missed your second reply...

The defect is independent of any code that I have written. It appears in the standard Oracle Calendar Client.

To see the error all you have to do is:
                Set the calendar client to NZST-12NZDT timezone.

Make an appointment at 9am on Wed 6th October.

Go back and change the timezone to UCT. The appointment should now appear 13 Hours earlier as NZ time is 13 Hours ahead of UCT once daylight saving starts on 01 October 2006.

The appointment however appears at 9pm on Tue 5th. Only 12 hours earlier ie. wrong by 1 hour.

The problem affects me in that if I save calendar entries using UCT then they appear 1 hour out in the calendar client.

If however I save using local time the times appear correct in the calendar client but incorrect when I retrieve them using the SDK as I retrieve using UCT.

I am unable to retrieve using local times as the flag CSDK_FLAG_FETCH_LOCALTIMES always causes a CAPI_STAT_DAT_ICAL error.

At present it means that nobody can book appointments for the first week in October.

We are using the 9.0.4.1.239 Calendar Client and 9.0.4.2.10 SDK.

What we really need to know is whether a change to 10g SDK will fix the problem or whether 10g server is required as well or whether neither of these things will fix it?

Regards
                George Richardson
                • 5. Re: CAPI_STAT_DATA_ICAL_NOTANATTENDEE
                  Hi George,

I always get exactly this same error (CAPI_STAT_DATA_ICAL_NOTANATTENDEE), when trying to accept an event.

I use this to accept the event:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
                  VERSION:2.0
                  PRODID://Oracle//CAPI//EN
                  BEGIN:VEVENT
                  CLASS:PUBLIC
                  UID:20070430T145930Z-1000413-1-51c7143b-Oracle
                  ATTENDEE:MAILTO:teste@teste.pt;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED
                  END:VEVENT
                  END:VCALENDAR

Is this wrong or missing something? Can you provide your code?

Thanks,
                  Rui