6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2015 5:51 PM by qarora

Where to find the list of "Visited Websites" from the filter criteria?

qarora

Hello Fellow Topliners,

I was wondering HOW exactly and WHERE within my Eloqua instance do I find the list of "Visited Websites" from the drop-down in the filter criteria??

The image below shows exactly what I mean when I say "the drop-down in the filter criteria". Is there a way to see which contacts visited which specific site

in this list(without creating individual filter criteria for each site in the list)? If anyone has any insight into this please please please let me know as this information

will be very vital to an important business solution for my company. Thank you fellow Topliners I look forward to hearing back from you!

visitedwebsitesscreenshot.png

• 1. Re: Where to find the list of "Visited Websites" from the filter criteria?
          jessenobbe

Hi qarora,

It sounds like you would benefit from using Page Tagging. With Page Tags you can define which pages are of a high value and report on them.

You can also drill down on each Contact to view their individual activity with Profiler.

Aside from those two options you can also use filters to see all of the Contacts together for each page. By leaving the criteria blank you can get an idea of how many contacts have visited all pages within a certain timespan.

1. Leave the sites box blank
          2. Set the next criteria to at least 1 time
          3. Set the timespan to within the last 6 months

You can then begin narrowing that list down to pages you deem of high value by sharing the base filter and including it again as a normal filter (Make A Local Copy). With each addition you can then add in a page on the first step.

More info on Page Tagging: http://docs.oracle.com/cloud/latest/marketingcs_gs/OMCAA/index.html#Help/PageTagging/PageTagging.htm%3FTocPath%3DPage%25…

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best,

Jesse Nobbe

Senior Associate Consultant, Developer

e.   jesse.n@tegrita.com

w.  tegrita.com

• 2. Re: Where to find the list of "Visited Websites" from the filter criteria?
            AnkitS

Hi qarora,

Ideas suggested by jessenobbe are certainly going to benefit you in a long-term perspective. I hope you get into it.

Meanwhile, here are two things that might help:

1. List of Tracked Pages - You can find the list of all the pages currently being tagged with Eloqua  tracking script here Setup > Tracking (Under Website) > Page List

2. Reporting -  Insight > Website > Website Visitors. Here you can list down the pages and get the list of contacts visiting these pages.

Regards,

Ankit

• 3. Re: Where to find the list of "Visited Websites" from the filter criteria?
              qarora

AnkitS jessenobbe thank you so much for your very very helpful responses to my original post. I definitely plan on exploring the capabilities of page tagging in the future

to see what type of business solutions it can offer. Unfortunately I ran into some problems with running the reports that AnkitS suggested in order to see the visitors for

each of our tracked pages. Our instance is part of a much bigger company and due to this there are over 1 million tracked pages listed that we want to include in our report so that we can find as many relevant web page visitors as possible. But every time I try to run the report it just times out and I receive the error screen below. I was wondering if you all might know a solution or a way around this problem to complete the report to it's full extent? Or is over 1 million tracked pages just way too many to ever get a full report completed on? Is there any way for me to possibly set a contact field equal to the value of the most recent tracked website that a contact has visited? I'm just trying to think of ways around running the report in case the time out error I am getting can never be resolved due to the large volume of tracked websites being run in the report. I viewed the activity log of one of the contacts included in my segment, based on having visited one of the 1 million tracked websites we have, and it shows the exact site they have gone to; but I need a better way of extracting this information for the bulk volume of other contacts also included in the segment. Is there anyway for me to extract the activity logs of all of the contacts included in the filter? Any solutions or suggestions you may have are very very much appreciated thank you so much!

insightreporterror.png

• 4. Re: Where to find the list of "Visited Websites" from the filter criteria?
                jessenobbe

Could you limit the scope of your report in some way? By date perhaps?

I don't think there is any way for you to set the last visited page to a contact field short of including the url of an integrated form along with a submission.

Also, check out Data Export & Import Under Settings > Setup. You can do a dump of Activity data from there. See if you are able to get the information you need through that tool.

• 5. Re: Where to find the list of "Visited Websites" from the filter criteria?
                  AnkitS

Hi qarora,

Yes, its because of the large number of pages that its giving you an error.

I think apart from what jessenobbe suggested, you could also try using REST API to pull out the contacts.

Please read this article for more info : REST API - Accessing Contact Activities

Regards,

Ankit

• 6. Re: Where to find the list of "Visited Websites" from the filter criteria?
                    qarora

AnkitS jessenobbe thank you all so much for all your helpful input and possible solution paths!!! I truely appreciate it thank you!