6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2006 11:32 AM by 414326 RSS

How to get the Events attachments?

Hi,
      I am using SOAP Api to fetch the Events, and i want to get the attachements and display them in a java interface.
      Is possible to do this, using the SOAP Api or SDK API?
        • 1. Re: How to get the Events attachments?
          Hello,

We introduced support for attachment(fetch and store) in the java calendar sdk version 10G. The feature is only supported against 10G calendar servers or more recent than 10G.

The 10G Application guide will give you all the necessary documentation to accomplish your task.

Regards,
          Jean-Philippe
          • 2. Re: How to get the Events attachments?
            Here is the link to dowload the Calendar Application Developer's Guide. http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B25553_01/calendar.1012/b25489.pdf.

From the Guide:

"The current version of the Calendar SDK doesn't fully support the ATTACH property
            as stated in RFC 2045. Only file URIs are supported. The SDK must be configured to
            support the ATTACH property. This involves setting tmpDirectoryPath in the SDK
            section of the Oracle Calendar SDK configuration file. See Chapter 7, "Oracle Calendar
            SDK Configuration Settings" for more information about this setting. Temporary file
            attachments will be saved in the directory specified in tmpDirectoryPath when an
            event is exported.
            When an event is imported or stored, the ATTACH property value is file location of
            the attachment. The following is an example of the ATTACH property of an event to
            be stored:
            ATTACH:file:/tmp/my_attachment.txt
            When an event is exported or fetched, if the configuration setting tmpDirectoryPath
            points to a valid directory, any attachments will be downloaded in subdirectories of
            this directory. These subdirectories will be in the following format:
            ./<UID>-<RECURRENCE_ID>
            If tmpDirectoryPath does not point to a valid directory, attachments will not be
            downloaded.
            The following is an example of the ATTACH property of a fetched event:
            ATTACH:file:///c:/20050427T160642Z-45c-a90b-27b4a6d7-Oracle-20050427T040000Z/my_
            attachment.txt"
            • 3. Re: How to get the Events attachments?
              what about attachments made through OCFO, Web or Desktop client, are they URI attachement or not ?

I've to extract/remove the attachment from the calendar server and send them by email and archive them elsewhere.

Is possible to read them ?
              Is is possible to remove the attachment from the event ?

if not, which version of CSDK should be able to do it ? (eta ?)
              • 4. Re: How to get the Events attachments?
                what about attachments made through OCFO, Web or
                Desktop client, are they URI attachement or not ?
                You can retrieve those. Although OCFO had to do some magic to store mutiple attachments in one file, so you might have to write some extra logic to retrieve OCFO type attachments.
                I've to extract/remove the attachment from the
                calendar server and send them by email and archive
                them elsewhere.

Is possible to read them ?
                Yes
                Is is possible to remove the attachment from the
                event ?
                Yes

Jean-Philippe
                • 5. Re: How to get the Events attachments?
                  AS I am new to Csdk, Is there an example somewhere showing how it canbe done ?
                  in the supplemental DVD ?
                  • 6. Re: How to get the Events attachments?
                    AS I am new to Csdk, Is there an example somewhere
                    showing how it canbe done ?
                    There are no examples directly targeted to attachments but there are examples on how to store/fetch events in $ORACLE_HOME/ocal/demo/sdk/java/CSDKCalendar.java.

You can also read the javadoc of the Session.storeEvents function.
                    Is is possible to remove the attachment from the
                    event ?
                    This is quite easy, fetch the event, then store the event without the attachment and with flag CSDK_FLAG_STORE_REPLACE.

Jean-Philippe