8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2015 5:02 PM by Marcelo_Mattos

EBS 12.2.4 - adop phase=fs_clone is exiting with status 2

Marcelo_Mattos

When I try to cleanup the online patching cycle in Production Environment, it's happened the errors below:

Lines #(111-115):

[PROCEDURE] [START 2015/09/23 10:36:16] Check and Stop Patch Admin Server

[STATEMENT] Sourcing the Patch Edition environment: /appebs/prod/app/fs2/EBSapps/appl/APPSVISION_ebsdba01.env

[ERROR]     Environment file: /appebs/prod/app/fs2/EBSapps/appl/APPSVISION_ebsdba01.env does not exists

[PROCEDURE] [START 2015/09/23 10:36:17] Unlocking sessions table

I saw that APPL_TOP in fs2 does not exists, but in fs1 the APPL_TOP exist.

What is the better procedure to solve this issue? Can you help me, please?

Many Thanks.

Regards,

Marcelo Mattos

• 1. Re: EBS 12.2.4 - adop phase=fs_clone is exiting with status 2
          Srini Chavali-Oracle

I saw that APPL_TOP in fs2 does not exists, but in fs1 the APPL_TOP exist.

Environment file: /appebs/prod/app/fs2/EBSapps/appl/APPSVISION_ebsdba01.env does not exists

These indicate that the EBS file system binaries have been seriously compromised. What happened that could have caused this ?

• 2. Re: EBS 12.2.4 - adop phase=fs_clone is exiting with status 2
            Marcelo_Mattos

Hi Srini,

I don't know what happened with this environment, because we assumed the administration of this environment a one month ago, so now we need to run the adoption phase = fs_clone with pre-requisite to make a cloning of QA environment.

Can I do these steps below in Production enviroment?

1. Backup of $APPL_TOP in fs1;

2. Copy the following Oracle E-Business Suite application directories from the Run Edition File System (fs1) to the Patch Edition File System (fs2).

- <APPL_TOP>

- <COMMON_TOP>

- <OracleAS Tools 10.1.2 ORACLE_HOME>

3. Log on to the Patch Edition File System in the Target System as the applmgr user and enter the following commands:

$ cd <COMMON_TOP>/clone/bin

$ perl adcfgclone.pl appsTier

Do you have any suggestions to rebuild APPL_TOP in fs2(Patch Edition File System)?

Thanks.

Regards,

Marcelo Mattos

• 3. Re: EBS 12.2.4 - adop phase=fs_clone is exiting with status 2
              Marcelo_Mattos

Hello,

I performed the action plan to rebuild the APPL_TOP in fs2 (Patch Edition File System) in production environment, but when I perform "$perl adcfgclone.pl appsTier" it's happened the errors below:

Executing script in InstantiateFile:

/appebs/prod/app/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/bin/perl -I /appebs/prod/app/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/lib/5.10.0 -I /appebs/prod/app/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.0 -I /appebs/prod/app/fs2/EBSapps/appl/au/12.0.0/perl -I /appebs/prod/app/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/ohs/mod_perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /appebs/prod/app/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/ouicli.pl

RC-50208: Exception  in method TimedProcessProcess.run

Raised by oracle.apps.ad.util.TimedProcess$TimedProcessProcess: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/appebs/prod/app/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/bin/perl": error=2, No such file or directory

script returned:

Exception in TimedProcess...Failed to  execute command = /appebs/prod/app/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/bin/perl -I /appebs/prod/app/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/lib/5.10.0 -I /appebs/prod/app/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.0 -I /appebs/prod/app/fs2/EBSapps/appl/au/12.0.0/perl -I /appebs/prod/app/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/ohs/mod_perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /appebs/prod/app/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/ouicli.pl -nopromptmsg****************************************************

Executing script in InstantiateFile:

/appebs/prod/app/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/bin/perl -I /appebs/prod/app/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/lib/5.10.0 -I /appebs/prod/app/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.0 -I /appebs/prod/app/fs2/EBSapps/appl/au/12.0.0/perl -I /appebs/prod/app/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/ohs/mod_perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /appebs/prod/app/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/txkstubcfg1012.pl

RC-50208: Exception  in method TimedProcessProcess.run

Raised by oracle.apps.ad.util.TimedProcess$TimedProcessProcess: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/appebs/prod/app/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/bin/perl": error=2, No such file or directory

script returned:

Exception in TimedProcess...Failed to  execute command = /appebs/prod/app/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/bin/perl -I /appebs/prod/app/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/lib/5.10.0 -I /appebs/prod/app/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.0 -I /appebs/prod/app/fs2/EBSapps/appl/au/12.0.0/perl -I /appebs/prod/app/fs2/FMW_Home/webtier/ohs/mod_perl/lib/site_perl/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /appebs/prod/app/fs2/EBSapps/10.1.2/appsutil/clone/txkstubcfg1012.pl -nopromptmsg

Could anyone help me?

Thanks,

Marcelo Mattos

• 4. Re: EBS 12.2.4 - adop phase=fs_clone is exiting with status 2
                Srini Chavali-Oracle

I do not believe your process will suffice. I would suggest you open an SR. Most likely you will have to restore from a good backup.

• 5. Re: EBS 12.2.4 - adop phase=fs_clone is exiting with status 2
                  Chiranjeevi M A

Hello,

Can you please check this : RC-50208 Error results After Cloning R12.2.3 (Doc ID 1904408.1)

and see if it may help.

-Chiranjeevi M A

• 6. Re: EBS 12.2.4 - adop phase=fs_clone is exiting with status 2
                    Marcelo_Mattos

Hello,

I have followed this note and problem still persists.

Anybody do you have any idea to solve about this issue?

I'm with the SR open in MOS.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Marcelo Mattos

• 7. Re: EBS 12.2.4 - adop phase=fs_clone is exiting with status 2
                      yoonas

Hi Marcelo,

• fs_clone - Recreates the patch edition file system as an exact copy of the run edition file system. This phase cannot be specified with any other phase. Use of fs_clone is normally not required. Situations that do require fs_clone are will explicitly document that requirement. If running this phase, ensure that your current working directory is not within the patch edition file system.

•  

Did you try

If an fs_clone operation fails, you can rerun it with the option force=yes to restart it from the beginning (with the same session ID), or force=no to restart it from the point where it failed.

Rebuild patch file system in Oracle Apps 12.2.3

Please collect all log files and share

Regards

Yoonas

• 8. Re: EBS 12.2.4 - adop phase=fs_clone is exiting with status 2
                        Marcelo_Mattos

Hi,

I discovererd that my issue is when I perform "perl adpreclone.pl appsTier" in fs1 (run) in production environment, the process has been finished with sucessfully, but it is generating the FMW_Home.jar with size 1.2GB. The correct size of this file is is around 3->4Gb.

EBSPRD:run> pwd

/appebs/prod/app/fs1/EBSapps/comn/clone/FMW

EBSPRD:run> ls -lh FMW_Home.jar

-rw-rw-r-- 1 appprd appprd 1.2G Sep 29 12:05 FMW_Home.jar

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks.

Regards,

Marcelo Mattos