8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2016 1:35 PM by jamesco24

Progressive profiling with form fields

JSTopliners

Hi,

Does anybody know whether there is any video tutorial available in topliner or Oracle marketing cloud academy for the progressive profiling introduced via Eloqua forms.

There was one tutorial which was available in education.oracle.com but it has been removed. Please let me know. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Progressive profiling with form fields
          edynamic Eloqua experts

Hi,

I don't know about the progressive profiling video, but if you need any help to use progressive profiling,Then just let me know,,through this or just go through below link:

How to do Progressive Profiling in E10 Using the Cloud Component

Regards,

Eloqua Experts

• 2. Re: Progressive profiling with form fields
            JSTopliners

Thanks for the reply. The url provided by you explains about the progressive profiling done using cloud component. What i wanted to know is , now Eloqua has introduced a way to do progressive profiling without cloud component by introducing a progressive profile field in Form editor(pls see attached screen shot). I think they wont support progressive profiling via cloud component moving forward after some time. Thanks. Please let me know.progressive profiling.PNG

• 3. Re: Progressive profiling with form fields
              JSTopliners

Thanks for the reply. The url provided by you explains about the progressive profiling done using cloud component. What i wanted to know is , now Eloqua has introduced a way to do progressive profiling without cloud component by introducing a progressive profile field in Form editor(pls see attached screen shot). I think they wont support progressive profiling via cloud component moving forward after some time. Thanks. Please let me know.

progressive profiling.PNG

• 5. Re: Progressive profiling with form fields
                JSTopliners

Thanks Eytan. It helps.

• 6. Re: Progressive profiling with form fields
                  jamesco24

Does anyone know how it's determined which form fields are shown in the progressive profiling section if we don't choose to randomize the fields? In our instance if a contact is new we would want to capture industry, number of employees but if those fields are already completed we'd want to ask some BANT qualifying questions. So if we have 4 contact fields in the progressive profiling section of the form, two are demographic, two are are BANT, and we choose the option to show two of the progressive profiling fields but do not select randomize fields will it be able to recognize if the demographic fields are complete or incomplete on the contact record? Then show the demographic fields on the form if they're incomplete but show the BANT fields instead of the demographic fields if the demographic fields are complete?

Thanks for any help or advice!

• 7. Re: Progressive profiling with form fields
                    Jason Cooper

Here's my experience with Progressive Profile forms:

1. You select how many fields to display when configuring the Progressive Profile element on the form.

2. The form will always display this many fields in the Progressive Profile element, even if it means displaying fields a contact has already answered if they have previously filled out this form (which is different than the Cloud Component behavior).

3. If you don't have Randomize Fields selected, the fields are shown in the order they are placed in the Progressive Profile element. Once all the fields have been answered, the fields at the top of the PP element are shown again.

4. You can set a field to be Required and then drag it into the PP element. But you can't set a field already in the PP element to be required.

5. If you have required fields that won't be displayed in the first set displayed, then the form cannot be submitted.

6. If a contact submits one PP form, then later visits another PP form, then the second PP form will not recognize the contact and will display the first set of fields (which is different than the Cloud Component).

We had finally got the Cloud Component experience nailed down, but now we're re-doing our forms and user experience to work with the new PP forms feature. I think Oracle still has some development to do to make it as full-featured as the Cloud Component.

• 8. Re: Progressive profiling with form fields
                      jamesco24

Thanks very much Jason! That's exactly the information I was looking for. Agreed, hopefully they're able to fine-tune the PP to improve on the basics they have right now.