1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 64 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2015 8:27 AM by Pravin Takpire Go to original post
      • 60. Re: Clone 12.1.3 startall
        Beauty_and_dBest

So what will be the best practice in cloning?

For example, I cloned by source instance from ERP  to ERP2 server. I want  everything  the same even the SID, folder location and structure.

When do I run:

EXEC FND_CONC_CLONE.SETUP_CLEAN;

COMMIT;

Do I need to run it mandatory after the cloning of database tier or appstier? or both?

What does this script do? Does it remove the old fnd node? or update ERP to ERP2?

Thanks...

• 61. Re: Clone 12.1.3 startall
          Pravin Takpire

If you are moving instance from server1 to server2, best thing do is running adcfgclone on both DB and Appl Tier. If everything goes smooth you may not have to run

EXEC FND_CONC_CLONE.SETUP_CLEAN;

regards

Pravin

1 person found this helpful
          • 62. Re: Clone 12.1.3 startall
            Beauty_and_dBest

Yeah, that is what I did always. That is the very essence of cloning

I even run adcfgclone many times because lots of error occured, Like unzip not found, adcrdb.sh missing, listener can not start becuase port is not updated.

Maybe the running many times messed up fnd nodes queueus. So the important is, I must check if the node is updated to new one like ERP2, if not, then run update

• 63. Re: Clone 12.1.3 startall
              Beauty_and_dBest

Hi Pravin,

Analyzing your script:

sqlplus apps/<apps_pass>

create table fnd_concurrent_queues_bkp as select * from fnd_concurrent_queues;

update apps.fnd_concurrent_queues set node_name = 'ERP2' where node_name='ERP';

UPDATE fnd_concurrent_queues set target_node = 'ERP2';

commit;

The 3rd line can be written as > update apps.fnd_concurrent_queues set node_name = 'ERP2';

Because none other node_name is needed except ERP2 right?

I can run it again over and over and the result is always okay as long as you know your target NODE.

Node_name and Target_node must be egual.

Thanks...

• 64. Re: Clone 12.1.3 startall
                Pravin Takpire

yes that's correct

1 person found this helpful
                1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next