adcfgclone failing on fs2 as it is picking run fs config details

Hello Experts,

1- On fs1 - i ran  adpreclone.pl appsTier,  then copied EBSapps to fs2,  I made sure that there is no  fmw_home and inst in fs2

2- Initiated adcfgclone.pl  appsTier on fs2 (with out sourcing the env)

3- Please see below , s_config_home  is pointing to fs1  and target home are picked from fs1 instead of fs2,  all the targets are pointing to fs1

Do you want to add a node (yes/no) [no] :

Running:

/u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/bin/../jre/bin/java -Xmx600M -cp /u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/jlib/java:/u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/jlib/xmlparserv2.jar:/u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/jlib/ojdbc6.jar:/u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/jlib/obfuscatepassword.jar:/u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/jlib/ojmisc.jar:/u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/jlib/java:/u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/jlib/emCfg.jar oracle.apps.ad.context.CloneContext -e /u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/bin/../context/apps/CTXORIG.xml -validate -pairsfile /tmp/adpairsfile_32375.lst -stage /u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone  2> /tmp/adcfgclone_32375.err; echo $? > /tmp/adcfgclone_32375.res

Log file located at /u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/bin/CloneContext_1211104006.log

Target System File Edition type [run] : patch

Enter the full path of Run File System Context file : /u01/applebiz/fs1/inst/apps/DEV_appsserver/appl/admin/DEV_appsserver.xml

Provide the values required for creation of the new APPL_TOP Context file.

Target System Fusion Middleware Home set to /u01/applebiz/fs1/FMW_Home

Target System Web Oracle Home set to /u01/applebiz/fs1/FMW_Home/webtier

Target System Appl TOP set to /u01/applebiz/fs1/EBSapps/appl

Target System COMMON TOP set to /u01/applebiz/fs1/EBSapps/comn

RC-00217: Warning: Configuration home directory (s_config_home) evaluates to /u01/applebiz/fs1/inst/apps/DEV_appsserver. A directory with this name already exists and is not empty.

Do you want to continue (y/n)   : n

Please help

• 1. Re: adcfgclone failing on fs2 as it is picking run fs config details
        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

What are you trying to do here? Adding a new node?

Are you following the steps in (2047809.1)?

Is this a shared or non-shared file system?

Did you already configure the RUN edition file system on the target node?

What's your TXK/AD delta patchset level?

Thanks,

Hussein

1 位用户发现它有用
        • 2. Re: adcfgclone failing on fs2 as it is picking run fs config details

Hello,

RUN FS is already setup and working fine . I am trying to configure fs2, This is single DB & single MT.

we have other 3 test instance where i was able to clone and configure fs2 successfully,  Only this instance, i am having issue while configuring fs2

SQL> select  bug_number ,last_update_date  from  apps.ad_bugs where bug_number in  ('18283295','18288881','19197270','19330775','20745242','20784380');

we are on delta 6

BUG_NUMBER                     LAST_UPDATE_DAT

------------------------------ ---------------

18283295                       26-NOV-15

18288881                       26-NOV-15

19197270                       26-NOV-15

19330775                       26-NOV-15

Problem - When running adcfgclone.pl on fs2, the targets are shown as fs1, config details are picked from fs1.

Please let me know if any further information is needed

Thank you

• 3. Re: adcfgclone failing on fs2 as it is picking run fs config details

Hello,

I tried this again,

1- Ran adpreclone.pl on Run FS

2- Copied clone directory from   fs1 to fs2   comn

3- Ran adcfgclone.pl on Patch FS (fs2)

4- Failing,  this is pointing to fs1, ideally it should say fs2

Running:

/u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/bin/../jre/bin/java -Xmx600M -cp /u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/jlib/java:/u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/jlib/xmlparserv2.jar:/u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/jlib/ojdbc6.jar:/u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/jlib/obfuscatepassword.jar:/u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/jlib/ojmisc.jar:/u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/jlib/java:/u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/jlib/emCfg.jar oracle.apps.ad.context.CloneContext -e /u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/bin/../context/apps/CTXORIG.xml -validate -pairsfile /tmp/adpairsfile_29915.lst -stage /u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone  2> /tmp/adcfgclone_29915.err; echo $? > /tmp/adcfgclone_29915.res

Log file located at /u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone/bin/CloneContext_1211141101.log

Target System File Edition type [run] : patch

Enter the full path of Run File System Context file : /u01/applebiz/fs1/inst/apps/DEV_server/appl/admin/DEV_appsserver.xml

Provide the values required for creation of the new APPL_TOP Context file.

Target System Fusion Middleware Home set to /u01/applebiz/fs1/FMW_Home

Target System Web Oracle Home set to /u01/applebiz/fs1/FMW_Home/webtier

Target System Appl TOP set to /u01/applebiz/fs1/EBSapps/appl

Target System COMMON TOP set to /u01/applebiz/fs1/EBSapps/comn

RC-00217: Warning: Configuration home directory (s_config_home) evaluates to /u01/applebiz/fs1/inst/apps/DEV_appsserver. A directory with this name already exists and is not empty.

Can some one please help ,  not sure why this is picking fs1 instead of fs2

Thank you

• 4. Re: adcfgclone failing on fs2 as it is picking run fs config details
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Have you had any previous failed attempts on the PATCH file system? If yes, did you complete the steps under "Appendix A: Steps to be performed before restarting a Failed Rapid Clone" before running postclone again?

Thanks,

Hussein

• 5. Re: adcfgclone failing on fs2 as it is picking run fs config details

Hello Hussein,

The failed attempts are as explained in my previous update in the discussion. Appendix 1 asks to perform clone on both run and patch fs. My Run FS is setup and working fine. User are able to login and doing there testing already since couple of days.

I am having issues while configuring Patch fs. adcfgclone.pl is pointing to fs1 on patch fs , let me know if any further details are needed.

Thank you

• 6. Re: adcfgclone failing on fs2 as it is picking run fs config details
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

My reply was to clean anything related to PATCH FS as explained in the Appendix. If this was already performed and you still hit the same issue then please log a SR.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 7. Re: adcfgclone failing on fs2 as it is picking run fs config details

Ok, Thanks. I've logged SR. will let you know once i have a solution in place

• 8. Re: adcfgclone failing on fs2 as it is picking run fs config details

Root Cause & Solution -

=================

Following two variables on RUN context file were pointing to fs1 instead of fs2, I've changed them to point to fs2 (patchFS) and ran autoconfig on runFS, then ran adcfgclone.pl on PatchFS, it went sucessful

<OTHER_BASE oa_var="s_other_base">/u01/applebiz/fs2</>

<clonestage oa_var="s_clonestage">/u01/applebiz/fs2/EBSapps/comn/clone</clonestage>

Happy Learning !!

Thanks

Tanveer Mohammed