1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 95 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2016 10:02 AM by Ujjwal Rana Go to original post
      • 75. Re: COMMAND NOT FOUND - ORACLE GRID
        Ujjwal Rana

Hi Aman,

I have completed ORACLE ENTERPRISE LINUX 6.5 installation. Here is the url https://community.oracle.com/people/Ujjwal+Rana/blog/2016/01/01/how-to-install-oracle-enterprise-linux-65

I will now start INSTALLING GRID and configuring ASM.

Thanks

Ujjwal

• 76. Re: COMMAND NOT FOUND - ORACLE GRID
          Aman....

Excellent! And a great work to put up the steps over the Oracle Community blog as well. Please start the installations and I am sure, everything would go fine.

Aman....

• 77. Re: COMMAND NOT FOUND - ORACLE GRID
            Ujjwal Rana

Hi Aman,

What is your recommendation for installing Oracle Database. Do you want me to install Oracle Database 11g or Oracle Database 12c ? Thought to ask you before going through it. Kindly Please advise.

Ujjwal

• 78. Re: COMMAND NOT FOUND - ORACLE GRID
              Aman....

Ujjwal ,

Both the versions are fine to be installed. If you think 12c brings too much of the changes to deal with,  please install 11g.

Aman....

• 79. Re: COMMAND NOT FOUND - ORACLE GRID
                Ujjwal Rana

Hi Aman,

One more thing I am planning to do the manual setup instead of automatic.

Ujjwal

• 80. Re: COMMAND NOT FOUND - ORACLE GRID
                  Ujjwal Rana

Hi Aman,

I am bit confuse on creating disk for ASM ie DATA and FRA. Below is what I am planning to create for DATA and FRA. Please let me know if the below steps mentioned for DATA and FRA is correct? Kindly Please advise

1. Create 6 Partition from FDISK ( 3 for Data and 3 for FRA)

2. For ASM

[root@ca-test1 /]# /etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk DATA1 /dev/sd7

Creating Oracle ASM disk "DATA1"   

[root@ca-test1 /]# /etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk DATA2 /dev/sd8

Creating Oracle ASM disk "DATA2"   

[root@ca-test1 /]# /etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk DATA3 /dev/sd9

Creating Oracle ASM disk "DATA3 "   

3. For FRA

[root@ca-test1 /]# /etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk FRA1 /dev/sd7

Creating Oracle ASM disk "FRA1"   

[root@ca-test1 /]# /etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk FRA2 /dev/sd8

Creating Oracle ASM disk "FRA2"   

[root@ca-test1 /]# /etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk FRA3 /dev/sd9

Creating Oracle ASM disk "FRA3 "   

4.LISTING DISK FOR DATA and FRA

[root@ca-test1 /]# /etc/init.d/oracleasm listdisks

DATA1

DATA2

DATA3

FRA1

FRA2

FRA3

• 81. Re: COMMAND NOT FOUND - ORACLE GRID
                    Ujjwal Rana

Hi Aman,

I have now completed oracle 11g with grid basic installation first part. Please find the url for the screenshot output and the steps implemented from this url

Oracle 11g with Grid Installation on Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.5

Now I will be configuring ASM disk group ie DATA and FRA.. I have requested you one question above for ASM. Kindly Please advise.

Ujjwal

• 82. Re: COMMAND NOT FOUND - ORACLE GRID
                      EdStevens

Ujjwal Rana wrote:

Hi Aman,

I am bit confuse on creating disk for ASM ie DATA and FRA. Below is what I am planning to create for DATA and FRA. Please let me know if the below steps mentioned for DATA and FRA is correct? Kindly Please advise

1. Create 6 Partition from FDISK ( 3 for Data and 3 for FRA)

2. For ASM

[root@ca-test1 /]# /etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk DATA1 /dev/sd7

Creating Oracle ASM disk "DATA1"  

[root@ca-test1 /]# /etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk DATA2 /dev/sd8

Creating Oracle ASM disk "DATA2"  

[root@ca-test1 /]# /etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk DATA3 /dev/sd9

Creating Oracle ASM disk "DATA3 "  

3. For FRA

[root@ca-test1 /]# /etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk FRA1 /dev/sd7

Creating Oracle ASM disk "FRA1"  

[root@ca-test1 /]# /etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk FRA2 /dev/sd8

Creating Oracle ASM disk "FRA2"  

[root@ca-test1 /]# /etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk FRA3 /dev/sd9

Creating Oracle ASM disk "FRA3 "  

4.LISTING DISK FOR DATA and FRA

[root@ca-test1 /]# /etc/init.d/oracleasm listdisks

DATA1

DATA2

DATA3

FRA1

FRA2

FRA3

you should not rely on identifying the disks as /dev/sd*.   They will be named and numbered in the sequence they are scanned and discovered by the OS at bootup.  If you add a device or remove a device, all bets are off.  You need to use asmlib, udev, or mpath to assign fixed names to the devices.  It still is not clear if you are doing this on a live machine or on a VM under VirtualBox.  If the latter, Tim Hall has  a good write-up (which you've already been directed to) which enplanes how to set up udev rules for this.

• 83. Re: COMMAND NOT FOUND - ORACLE GRID
                        Ujjwal Rana

I am doing this on a VIRTUAL BOX (test machine).. Will follow Tim Hall write up for asmlib, udev or mpath.

Thanks

Ujjwal

• 84. Re: COMMAND NOT FOUND - ORACLE GRID
                          Ujjwal Rana

Hi Aman,

I have one question regarding ORACLEASM , As you know that I am doing grid installation, therefore I am CONFIGURING ORACLEASM in the following way. I would like to know what do you suggest for this Default group to own the driver interface[] : points  :

I am planning to give asmadmin because.....Here We need to inform the username of the Grid Infrastructure owner. In this case, it is user oracle. (If Grid infrastructure and Oracle sofware were to be managed separately, WE would use here the name of the grid owner user, which is often called grid.)

Default user to own the driver interface []: oracle

Default group to own the driver interface []: asmadmin

However On Tim Hall Website . He has has given Default group to own the driver interface []: as following :-

Default group to own the driver interface []: oinstall

Please let me know what is your recommendation for Default group to own the driver interface []: ........... ?

Should I give asmadmin or oinstall ...Kindly Please advise.

WILL CONFIGURE ORACLEASM ONLY AFTER HEARING YOUR RECOMENDATION

============================================================================================================================

Configure Oracle ASM using the oracleasm script.

Here We need to inform the username of the Grid Infrastructure owner. In this case, it is user oracle. (If Grid infrastructure and Oracle sofware were to be managed separately, you would use here the name of the grid owner user, which is often called grid.)

# /etc/init.d/oracleasm configure

Configuring the Oracle ASM library driver.

This will configure the on-boot properties of the Oracle ASM library

driver.  The following questions will determine whether the driver is

loaded on boot and what permissions it will have.  The current values

will be shown in brackets ('[]').  Hitting  without typing an

answer will keep that current value.  Ctrl-C will abort.

Default group to own the driver interface []: asmadmin

Start Oracle ASM library driver on boot (y/n) [n]: y

Scan for Oracle ASM disks on boot (y/n) [y]: y

Writing Oracle ASM library driver configuration: done

Initializing the Oracle ASMLib driver:                              [  OK  ]

Scanning the system for Oracle ASMLib disks:               [  OK  ]

• 85. Re: COMMAND NOT FOUND - ORACLE GRID
                            Ujjwal Rana

Hi Aman,

Just for an updates. I have completed following parts till now. Please click on the below mentioned url.

Complete Oracle 11g Grid Installation Guide on Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.5

• 86. Re: COMMAND NOT FOUND - ORACLE GRID
                              Aman....

Ujjwal,

ASMADMIN group is an optional one. If you are planning NOT to use any ASM related security features such as ASM based ACL etc. you may very well use just OINSALL .

Regards

Aman....

• 87. Re: COMMAND NOT FOUND - ORACLE GRID
                                Ujjwal Rana

Hi Aman,

I already did that. Please check this url. Let me know your feedback. With your support i thought to make the blog at the same time. So everything that I have done right now is there in the below mentioned url.

Complete Oracle 11g Grid Installation in Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.5

• 88. Re: COMMAND NOT FOUND - ORACLE GRID
                                  2626103-Oracle

Hello Ujjwal,

To clarify the suspect on environment variables can you please give me the output of the below

echo $ORACLE_HOME

echo $PATH

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Also perform the below and share the o/p:

cd <ORACLE_HOME>/bin

ls -l sqlplus

ldd sqlplus

Thanks,

Himanshu

• 89. Re: COMMAND NOT FOUND - ORACLE GRID
                                    Ujjwal Rana

Hello Himanshu,