12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2016 1:40 AM by user5310879

Agent unreachable, cant communicate OMS in OEM Cloud Control 12c

user5310879

Hi,

i have installed OEM CC 12c based on Oracle Linux 6.5, i have installed Oracle Database too in there.

everything is fine and work perfectly.

and now i try to add my production database which based on solaris 10 u11, to be agent in my OEM CC 12c.

but failed because the result told that agent unreachable, cannot resycn the agent because OMS version not checked yet

i have search many solution but no one success..

The OEM CC 12c, the problem is :

Discovery failed on host 10.102.x.xx: oracle.sysman.core.disc.common.AutoDiscoveryException: Unable to run on discovery on demand.Could not send some or all data over to repository: Failed to upload file: uploadXMLFiles skipped :: OMS version not checked yet. If this issue persists check trace files for ping to OMS related errors. (TIMEOUT)

solaris11> ./emctl status agent

Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 4

Copyright (c) 1996, 2014 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Agent Version          : 12.1.0.4.0

OMS Version            : (unknown)

Protocol Version       : 12.1.0.1.0

Agent Home             : /vd2/oratest1/epmdb/11.2.0.4/oemcc12c/agent_inst

Agent Log Directory    : /vd2/oratest1/epmdb/11.2.0.4/oemcc12c/agent_inst/sysman/log

Agent Binaries         : /vd2/oratest1/epmdb/11.2.0.4/oemcc12c/core/12.1.0.4.0

Agent Process ID       : 4705

Parent Process ID      : 4696

Agent URL              : https://10.102.1.52:3872/emd/main/

Local Agent URL in NAT : https://10.102.1.52:3872/emd/main/

Repository URL         : https://yoga:4903/empbs/upload

Started at             : 2016-04-21 10:47:44

Started by user        : oratest1

Operating System       : SunOS version 5.10 (sparcv9)

Last Reload            : (none)

Last successful upload                       : (none)

Last attempted upload                        : (none)

Total Megabytes of XML files uploaded so far : 0

Number of XML files pending upload           : 95

Size of XML files pending upload(MB)         : 0.37

Available disk space on upload filesystem    : 99.22%

Collection Status                            : Collections enabled

Heartbeat Status                             : OMS is unreachable

Last attempted heartbeat to OMS              : 2016-04-21 12:11:31

Last successful heartbeat to OMS             : (none)

Next scheduled heartbeat to OMS              : 2016-04-21 12:11:56

Agent is Running and Ready

i have restart agent, and upload manually

solaris 11 > ./emctl upload agent

EMD upload error:full upload has failed: uploadXMLFiles skipped :: OMS version not checked yet. If this issue persists check trace files for ping to OMS related errors. (OMS_DOWN)

i have try this below step, but failed too.

Find target_guid for this target agent.

select target_guid from sysman.mgmt_targets where target_name='<host>:3872';

Increase max_inactive_time from the default value 120 sec to 240 sec.

SQL> update sysman.mgmt_emd_ping

2  set  MAX_INACTIVE_TIME=240

3  where target_guid='<target_guid>';

i have try reinstall the agent, but the same problem showed up.

Could someone help me out of this problem?

The point is, i just want my oracle database in solaris 11, can be managed in Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c.

UPDATE

Hi,

i have add this step after decommision my solaris agent.

1. Navigate to the following location in the OMS home: $<OMS_HOME>/oui/prov/resources/scriptsFor example,/home/software/em/middleware/oms/oui/prov/resources/scripts
      2. if the OMS host runs on any Unix based operating system, run the sshUserSetup.sh script on the OMS host as the OMS user, and pass the Management Agent install user name and the fully qualified name of the target hosts:

sshUserSetup.sh -setup -user <agent_install_user_name> -hosts "<target_hosts>"

For example, sshUserSetup.sh -setup -user oracle -hosts "abc1.example.com abc2.example.com abc3.example.com". Ensure that you use a space to           separate the target host names.

after that, i install agent in solaris server using 'add target manually' in OEM.

and finally my agent status is great, OMS version showed, heartbeat to oms is very well.

but now i have a new problem,

Agent Unreachable is cleared. The current status of the target is METRIC ERROR

what i suppose to do? i have upload agent manually, restart agent, and clearstate, but it doesnt work .

Thanks..

Yoga H.K

Thanks,

Best Regard,

Yoga H.K

• 1. Re: Agent unreachable, cant communicate OMS in OEM Cloud Control 12c
          DBAKevlar-Oracle

Please perform the following from the Solaris target machine

$AGENT_HOME/bin/emctl pingoms

It should give you an error message that explains why the target host is unable to communicate with the OMS and you can proceed from there with resolving the problem, (missing registration password, OMS is blocked, DNS entry missing, misconfigured OMS information, etc.)

Thanks,

Kellyn

• 2. Re: Agent unreachable, cant communicate OMS in OEM Cloud Control 12c
            user5310879

Hi Kellyn,

Thanks for your response, i have try pingoms, this below is result of that, and im still dont know what i supposed to do.

can you tell me what i have to do? im stuck in this things.

solaris10> ./emctl pingOMS

EMD pingOMS error: OMS sent an invalid response: "ERROR- Failed to update Target type Metadata"

Thank you,

Yoga H.K

• 3. Re: Agent unreachable, cant communicate OMS in OEM Cloud Control 12c
              handat

Check Doc ID 1586918.1 on MOS. It describes the same error you have and also provides the solution on how to fix it.

• 4. Re: Agent unreachable, cant communicate OMS in OEM Cloud Control 12c
                user5310879

Hi Handat,

i have check that doc, but my problem is, i installed the agent in solaris using OEM CC 12c, so i dont have any omshome in solaris,

because i installed OEM CC 12c in my linux, and omshome is only in linux. in solaris, only agent_inst.

but i try that solution,

1. Stop agent

$/AGENT_INST/bin/emctl stop agent

2. Execute following commands from OMS server

$export ORACLE_HOME=omshome

$/OMS_HOM/bin/emcli login -username=SYSMAN

$/OMS_HOM/bin/emcli sync

$/OMS_HOM/bin/emcli delete_target -name="<previous_agentname>" -type="oracle_emd" -delete_monitored_targets -async
                     where <previous_agentname> is the value retrieved by the command:
                      $/OMS_HOME//bin/emcli get_targets -target='%agentname%:oracle_emd'

Example:

$/OMS_HOM/bin/emcli delete_target -name="previous_agentname:1835" -type="oracle_emd" -delete_monitored_targets -async

3. Start agent

$/AGENT_INST/bin/emctl clearstate agent

$/AGENT_INST/bin/emctl secure agent

$/AGENT_INST/bin/emctl start agent

4. Execute the following command add internal targets

$/AGENT_INST/bin/emctl config agent addinternaltargets

$/AGENT_INST/bin/emctl upload agent

and when i try step 2, emcli get_targets -target='%agentname%:oracle_emd', there's nothing target show up.

i guess its normal, but when i try until step 4, emctl upload agent, i've got this

oratest1_21@panoramix2> ./emctl upload agent

EMD upload error:full upload has failed: uploadXMLFiles skipped :: OMS version not checked yet. If this issue persists check trace files for ping to OMS related errors. (OMS_DOWN)

please help me for this problem, im totally depressed.. lol..

Thanks ..

Yoga H.K

• 5. Re: Agent unreachable, cant communicate OMS in OEM Cloud Control 12c
                  handat

You are misunderstanding that part. You need to run the bit with omshome on your linux oms server. It is basically ignoring your solaris agent, and those commands will make it stop ignoring the solaris agent.

So where you see omshome, you run those commands on your linux server and where you see agent_inst, you run those on your solaris box.

• 6. Re: Agent unreachable, cant communicate OMS in OEM Cloud Control 12c
                    user5310879

i have try step 2 in my linux server, and step 1, 3 and 4 in my solaris agent.

and the result is the above statement, handat.

• 8. Re: Agent unreachable, cant communicate OMS in OEM Cloud Control 12c
                      Aish13

A couple of questions.

On your OEM Console, can you see an targets for this solaris host ? IF so can you remove these targets ?

How are you installing your agent do you have a gold image for the Solaris 11 host ?

Once your have removed these targets from your console.

Then on your Target Agent Host (i.e. Solaris)

1. Run deinstall.pl from your Agent_HOME to uninstall the existing Agent Software.

2. Clear /rm all the asociated files/directories.

3. From your OEM 12c Console again crosscheck that no target entries for this host are existing after uninstallation.

* Incase you find entries and want to clear them you can run the below mentioned steps from your OMS (linux) Server

. Execute following commands from OMS server

$export ORACLE_HOME=omshome

$/OMS_HOM/bin/emcli login -username=SYSMAN

$/OMS_HOM/bin/emcli sync

$/OMS_HOM/bin/emcli delete_target -name="<previous_agentname>" -type="oracle_emd" -delete_monitored_targets -async
                           where <previous_agentname> is the value retrieved by the command:
                            $/OMS_HOME//bin/emcli get_targets -target='%agentname%:oracle_emd'

Example:

$/OMS_HOM/bin/emcli delete_target -name="previous_agentname:1835" -type="oracle_emd" -delete_monitored_targets -async

4.  Install Agent for OEM12 either via downloading platform appropriate software for Solaris 11. or if doing from OEM Console make sure you are choosing the correct platform.

And then check

• 9. Re: Agent unreachable, cant communicate OMS in OEM Cloud Control 12c
                        user5310879

Hi Ash13,

OEM console means https://<host>:7802/em ?

if so, i can see the target, but it said that 'agent is unreachable'. and i can remove it use agent decomission.

i installed the agent using OEM 12c, first i installed 'self update'  solaris for sparc x64,

and then i add target manually, i entered the hostname of my solaris server, and entered the username and password to ssh the solaris server.

the installing was successfully and i run ./root.sh manually because there is no sudo file in my server.

i have already reinstall this agent using that solution, but the agent still unreachable.

im frustated, is there other solution that may i can try?.

Thanks

• 10. Re: Agent unreachable, cant communicate OMS in OEM Cloud Control 12c
                          user5310879

Hi,

i have add this step after decommision my solaris agent.

1. Navigate to the following location in the OMS home:

$<OMS_HOME>/oui/prov/resources/scripts

For example,

/home/software/em/middleware/oms/oui/prov/resources/scripts

2. if the OMS host runs on any Unix based operating system, run the sshUserSetup.sh script on the OMS host as the OMS user, and pass the Management Agent install user name and the fully qualified name of the target hosts:

sshUserSetup.sh -setup -user <agent_install_user_name> -hosts "<target_hosts>"

For example, sshUserSetup.sh -setup -user oracle -hosts "abc1.example.com abc2.example.com abc3.example.com". Ensure that you use a space to           separate the target host names.

after that, i install agent in solaris server using 'add target manually' in OEM.

and finally my agent status is great, OMS version showed, heartbeat to oms is very well.

but now i have a new problem,

what i suppose to do? i have upload agent manually, restart agent, and clearstate, but it doesnt work .

Thanks..

Yoga H.K

• 11. Re: Agent unreachable, cant communicate OMS in OEM Cloud Control 12c
                            Aish13

whats the metric error, do you have any more details ?

• 12. Re: Agent unreachable, cant communicate OMS in OEM Cloud Control 12c
                              user5310879

that's what i dont understand until now Ash13,

in my OEM, there's only warning about that..

To troubleshoot, refer to My Oracle Support article Enterprise Manager 12c: How to run the "Targets Status Diagnostics Report" to Troubleshoot Target Status Availability Issues (up, down, metric collection error, pending, unreachable) for all Targets (Doc ID 1546575.1).

Broken Reason : unable to connect to http server at https://<agent2-IP>:3872/emd/main/. [peer not authenticated]

i have moved my new problem into new thread, please kindly to see this link