1 2 3 Previous Next 31 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2016 2:25 AM by user8860348

How to deploy a project from JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0 to PeopleSoft Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0 ?

user8860348

Folk,

Hello. I am developing a Fusion Web Application in JDeveloper 11.1.1.6 on the top of Oracle Database.

The project name is "UserApplication" and has 2 JSF pages.The first JSF page "UserApplication.jspx" is a ADF form for a Business Application Form and its layout is below:

First Name:

Last Name:

Birth Date:

Social Security No:

Address:

Signature:

Application Date:

CreateInsert

Commit

DisplayUserApplication

The second JSF page is "DisplayUserApplication.jspx" that is a ADF filtered table. Each Applicant is one row in the table.

We can read all of applicant data in the table.

The project is developed in JDeveloper 11.1.1.6 with Integrated Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0.

The project will run with PeopleSoft Campus Solution 9.0 in Operating system Oracle Linux.5.1.

PeopleSoft Internet Architecture is WebLogic 10.3.6.0 / Tuxedo 11g / PeopleTools 9.53 / Oracle Database Server 11g

I have just finished doing the project in Developement Integrated Weblogice Server 10.3.6.0 with JDeveloper.

All of JSF pages store and retrieve data into/from Database table correctly.

But I don't understand how to deploy the project from JDeveloper into PeopleSoft productionWeblogic Server 10.3.6.0.

My questions are:

1)  How to deploy the project "UserApplication" from JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0 to PeopleSoft Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0 ?

2) Why need to deploy ? Can we let the project run in JDeveloper because it store/retrieve data into/from Database table correctly ?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: How to deploy a project from JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0 to PeopleSoft Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0 ?
          amey g

Hello,

No you need to deploy it in weblogic server. Jdeveloper will provide you integrated weblogic server which is just for testing during development.

You can create the EAR deployment provide and then need to create the weblogic server connection and deploy it directly from Jdev.

Refer:

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26098_01/admin.1112/e16179/deploy.htm

http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jdeveloper/howto/11114/managedserver/wlsadfms.html

Thanks,

Amey

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to deploy a project from JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0 to PeopleSoft Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0 ?
            Ajay Taneja

Why need to deploy ?, only if you want end user to access this application, from there browser and they are seated globally.

Hoping you wouldn't ask them to run it via JDev.

Ajay

• 3. Re: How to deploy a project from JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0 to PeopleSoft Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0 ?
              user8860348

Folks,

Hello. Thanks a lot for replying. The "student Admission Application" is implemented with PeopleSoft Campus Solution 9.0 Revision 5 for a University. My PeopleSoft facilities are below:

Operating System: Oracle Linux 5.10 (64 bits).

PeopleSoft Internet Architecture:

1) Database Server Oracle Database 11g with 2 Database Instances: PT8.53 and CS9.0.

2) Application Server: Tuxedo 11g

3) Web Server: Web Logic 10.3.6.0

The issue is that WebLogic 10.3.6.0 is installed twice in the 2 directories below:

1) PeopleSoft Internet Architecture WebLogic 10.3.6.0 is installed in directory /home/user/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/.

2) ADR 11.1.1.6.0 with WebLogic 10.3.6.0 is installed in directory /home/user/Oracle/Middleware/oracle_common/.

In order to deploy "Student Admission Application", I create domain Domain_CS by running $./config.sh in directory /home/user/Oracle/Middleware/oracle_common/common/bin.

ADMIN Server port is 7001 for Domain_CS.

ADF Server port is 7002 for Domain_CS.

I start console for Domain_CS in directory /home/user/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domain/Domain_CS by running the command below:

[user@linux Domain_CS]$./startWebLogic.sh

In browser,  127.0.0.1:7001/console comes up successfully.

In Console, Domain_CS > Environment > Servers, Admin Server is running but ADF Server shutdown.

In order to deploy JDeveloper Application, I think both Admin Server and ADF Server need to be running.

Settings for ADF Server > Configuration > Server Start, the fields are below:

Java Home:

Java Vendor:

BEA Home:

Root Directory:

Class Path:

Arguments:

Security Policy File:

User Name:

Password:

Confirm Password:

All of the fields above are empty. I click start on ADF Server, the error message below comes up:

For Server ADF Server, the Node Manager associated with Machine ADF Machine is not reachable. All of Servers selected are currently in a state which is incompatible with this operation or not associated with a Running Node Manager or you are not authorized to perform the action requested. No Actin will be perform.

My questions are:

1) Why ADF Server shutdown while Admin Server running in Console ?

2) Do both Admin Server and ADF Server need to be running for deploying Application ?

3) Do I need to fill out the above fields on Settings for ADF Server ?

4) How to solve the above error to start ADF Server ?

Thanks in advance.

• 4. Re: How to deploy a project from JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0 to PeopleSoft Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0 ?
                Timo Hahn

1) The admin server is only one part which controls the whole server. The hole server consists of a admin server, a managed server (ADF Server in your case) ans a node manager which checks that the servers are healthy allowing to restart the server (or other servers) in case of specific events. All this you can read up in the documentation of the WeblogicServer. Before you depoy any application onto the managed server you should start it. Open the admin console and start the managed server. The first time you start the server some properties are written so that the node manager knows about hte managed server. You find more information here https://oracle-base.com/articles/11g/oracle-weblogic-server-11gr1-1036-installation-on-oracle-linux-5-and-6-11gr1 and in the docs.

2) No, only the server you want to deploy to must run. As you want to deploy to the managed server 'ADF Server' it must run.

3) No, these fields are normally filled when you install the server. Leaf them empty or with the values you see

4) Start the server from the admin console (not by deploying an application)

Timo

• 5. Re: How to deploy a project from JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0 to PeopleSoft Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0 ?
                  user8860348

Folk,

Hello. Thanks a lot for replying. I have run the 2 commands below:

In directory /home/user/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/server/bin

[user@linux bin]$ ./startNodeManager.sh

In directory /home/user/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/Domain_CS/bin

[user@linux bin]$ ./startManagedWebLogic.sh

In browser 127.0.0.1:7001/console, I click "Start" on "ADFServer", the state changes from "SHUTDOWN" to "RUNNING" for a while and then shutdown again. The error message is below:

Error: There are no sip nor diameter channels targeted to server "ADFServer". Failed to start the sip Service, shutting down.

My question is:

How to solve the above error and keep "ADFServer" running all the time ?

Thanks in advance.

• 6. Re: How to deploy a project from JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0 to PeopleSoft Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0 ?
                    Alex-D

By the way, the production Weblogic server installed as part of Peoplesoft PIA must not be used to deploy custom applications other than those delivered by Peoplesoft, because the license terms for the Weblogic delivered as part of Peoplesoft, prohibits this (while technically it is possible, legally you don't have the rights to do so).

If you need to deploy custom apps, you should acquire separate Weblogic license and install separate production server.

Regards

• 7. Re: How to deploy a project from JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0 to PeopleSoft Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0 ?
                      Timo Hahn

You have to edit the nodemanager.properties file and set the variable StartScriptEnabled=true instead of the default false.

The nodemanager.properties file is usually located in the directory: /wlserver_10.3/common/nodemanager.

Now the nodemanager uses the start script usually startWebLogic, which calls the setDomainEnv in which the classpath for the SIP server is set.

When you use the startManagedServer command the setDomainEnv is called so the classpath is set.

Timo

• 8. Re: How to deploy a project from JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0 to PeopleSoft Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0 ?
                        user8860348

Folk,

Hello. Thanks a lot for replying.

I create Domain_CS in directory /home/user/Oracle/Middleware/oracle_common/ where ADR 11.1.1.6.0 with WebLogic 10.3.6.0 is installed. I start WebLogic Server using Domain_CS. I don't use PeopleSoft WebLogic Server.

Could you please solve the error when start ADFServer in console below:

Error: There are no sip nor diameter channels targeted to server "ADFServer". Failed to start the sip Service, shutting down.

Thanks in advance.

• 9. Re: How to deploy a project from JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0 to PeopleSoft Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0 ?
                          user8860348

Timo Hahn,

Hello. Thanks a lot for replying.

I have edited the file nomanager.properties in directory /home/user/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/common/nodemanager.

StartScriptEnabled=true

In directory /home/user/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/server/bin

[user@linux bin]$./startNodeManager.sh

StartScriptEnabled=true is applying.

In directory /home/user/Oracle/Middlware/user_projects/domains/Domain_CS/bin

[user@linux bin]$./startManagedWebLogic.sh

<Jul 23, 2016 7:33:35 PM EDT> <Error> <WLSS.Engine> <BEA-330075> <There are no sip nor diameter channels targeted to server "ADFServer">

<Jul 23, 2016 7:33:35 PM EDT> <Error> <WLSS.Engine> <BEA-330049> <Failed to start the sip service, shutting down

java.lang.Throwable: Fatal error occured

at com.bea.wcp.sip.engine.server.setup.CommonService.startShuttingDown(CommonService.java:85)

at com.bea.wcp.sip.management.descriptor.resource.SipServerResource.startup(SipServerResource.java:402)

at com.bea.wcp.sip.management.descriptor.resource.SipServerResource.prepare(SipServerResource.java:130)

at weblogic.management.extension.internal.CustomResourceModule.prepare(CustomResourceModule.java:82)

at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.prepare(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:199)

Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

>

As you see above, the error is the same. In console, ADFServer cannot start.

My question is:

How to solve the above error to start ADF Server ?

Thanks in advance.

• 10. Re: How to deploy a project from JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0 to PeopleSoft Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0 ?
                            Timo Hahn

Do you use SIP server at all?

Or don't you even know what this SIP server is used for?

If not you should remove the SIP stuff from your managed server. Then it should start up OK.

I'm nit sure where exactly you can to this in hte admin console. Try looking around.

If you can'T find it, I guess you have to remove hte ADF Server and the whole domain and create a new one without the SIP stuff.

And in this case please ask question in hte WebLogic Server - Management / Console / WLST / Configuration space!

Timo

• 11. Re: How to deploy a project from JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0 to PeopleSoft Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0 ?
                              user8860348

Timo Hahn,

Hello. Thanks a lot for replying. I don't understand SipServer.

As we discussed in https://community.oracle.com/thread/3890099 , after I created Domain_CS using command ./config.sh, I run Domain_CS using command ./startWebLogic.sh and confront SipServer error below:

A port conflict was detected in Server Configuration. The server is configured to listen on 2 ports that have the same port number and IP address. Channel sip address "sip://fe80:0:0:0:fcff:ffff:feff:ffff:5066 conflict with channel sip address "sip://fe80:0:0:0:fcff:ffff:feff:ffff:5066"

In the file config.xml, I removed 2 sections of <network-access-point> for sip with port 5060 and for sips with port 5061.

After that, WebLogic Server starts up successfully. I login into WebLogic Console and see SipServer on Domain Structure > Domain_CS > SipServer, I click on SipServer and get 2 tabs: Configuration and Monitoring.

My questions are:

1) Do we need SipServer to deploy Application in JDeveloper ?

2) If don't need SipServer for deployment, how to remove SipServer in Domain_CS in WebLogic Console ?

Thanks in advance.

• 12. Re: How to deploy a project from JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0 to PeopleSoft Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0 ?
                                Timo Hahn

1) No

2) Please ask in the other mentioned forum!

Timo

• 13. Re: How to deploy a project from JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0 to PeopleSoft Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0 ?
                                  user8860348

Folk,

Hello. I have posted my questions about startManagedWebLogic.sh in the WebLogic Console Forum

https://community.oracle.com/thread/3953387 since yesterday but nobody help.

Could you please answer my questions on https://community.oracle.com/thread/3953387 ?

Thanks in advance.

• 14. Re: How to deploy a project from JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0 to PeopleSoft Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0 ?
                                    user8860348

Folk,

Hello. ADFServer is running now !

I have follow the tutorial below to deploy the application in JDeveloper to ADFServer:

http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jdeveloper/howto/11114/managedserver/wlsadfms.html

While both ADFServer and Admin Server are running, in JDeveloper > Application > Deploy, I select the application to deploy and follow the wizard to do step by step.The results are below:

JDeveloper > Message Log: Successful compilation: 0 errors, 0 warnings.

JDeveloper > Extension Log: Unknown Source. Error: Failed to create Stream Factory class oracle.ide.net.IdeWrapperURLStreamHandlerFactory

JDeveloper > Deployment Log: Unable to determine if this module is deployed as a Library. The task cannot be processed further until the current edit session is activated. When this occurs, task processing will continue. The user can exit deployer tool without affecting the task.

It's the first time for me to deploy Application in JDeveloper. I don't understand this kind of errors.

My questions are:

1) Do we need to solve the error in Extension Log "Failed to create Stream Factory class oracle.ide.net.IdeWrapperURLStreamHandlerFactory" ? If yes, how to solve the error ?

2) How to solve the error in Deployment Log to finish deployment ?

Thanks in advance.

1 2 3 Previous Next