5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2016 2:32 PM by pjhitchman

What is the purpose of the "SET WALLET" parameter?

Gaz in Oz

I've been looking into Oracle wallet and the interaction with sqlcl.

While I was looking at the output from

SHOW ALL+

I noticed a line stating

No Wallet location defined

...so, I tried the following:

SQL> SET wallet

Usage: set wallet <PATH TO WALLET>

OK, lets try setting it

Note: using wallet connect syntax, connecting to a remote db needs the custom URL syntax of "/@jdbc:oracle:oci8:@remotedb", whereas local does not.:

E:\Oracle>sql /@xe

SQLcl: Release 4.2.0 Production on Sun Oct 02 17:27:55 2016

Copyright (c) 1982, 2016, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Dont forget to attend Oracle OpenWorld September 18 to 22, 2016

Connected to:

Oracle Database 11g Express Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production

SQL> SHOW wallet

SQL> SET wallet \oracle\wallet

Oct 02, 2016 5:28:14 PM oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.ScriptExecutor run

SEVERE: oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.commands.SetWallet.handleEvent(SetWallet.java:38)

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.commands.SetWallet.handleEvent(SetWallet.java:38)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.CommandRegistry.fireListeners(CommandRegistry.java:427)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.ScriptRunner.run(ScriptRunner.java:213)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.ScriptExecutor.run(ScriptExecutor.java:331)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.ScriptExecutor.run(ScriptExecutor.java:221)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.scriptrunner.cmdline.SqlCli.process(SqlCli.java:342)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.scriptrunner.cmdline.SqlCli.processLine(SqlCli.java:350)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.scriptrunner.cmdline.SqlCli.startSQLPlus(SqlCli.java:1042)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.scriptrunner.cmdline.SqlCli.main(SqlCli.java:422)

SQL>

Just wondering, if I could successfully set it:

. What is its intended purpose?

Thanks,

Gaz.

• 1. Re: What is the purpose of the "SET WALLET" parameter?
          Gaz in Oz

Self explanetary I guess. just doesn't work.

• 2. Re: What is the purpose of the "SET WALLET" parameter?
            thatJeffSmith-Oracle

It sets oracle.net.wallet.location property and enables oracle.net.ssl_server_dn_match

it wants a directory for your Wallet

https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/1212/wls/JDBCA/oraclewallet.htm#JDBCA602

• 3. Re: What is the purpose of the "SET WALLET" parameter?
              pjhitchman

Hi

I have been trying this set wallet command and I get the same exception:

SQL> set wallet /oracle/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_1/network/admin

Dec 21, 2016 4:43:54 PM oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.ScriptExecutor run

SEVERE: oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.commands.SetWallet.handleEvent(SetWallet.java:38)

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.commands.SetWallet.handleEvent(SetWallet.java:38)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.CommandRegistry.fireListeners(CommandRegistry.java:428)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.ScriptRunner.run(ScriptRunner.java:213)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.ScriptExecutor.run(ScriptExecutor.java:331)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.ScriptExecutor.run(ScriptExecutor.java:221)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.scriptrunner.cmdline.SqlCli.process(SqlCli.java:351)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.scriptrunner.cmdline.SqlCli.processLine(SqlCli.java:359)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.scriptrunner.cmdline.SqlCli.startSQLPlus(SqlCli.java:1069)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.scriptrunner.cmdline.SqlCli.main(SqlCli.java:431)

I found that if I set it on the java command line:

JAVA_OPTS="-Doracle.net.wallet_location=/oracle/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_1/network/admin"

then it gets picked up:

SQL> show wallet

Wallet set to: /oracle/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_1/network/admin

How are you supposed to set this interactively?

Thanks

Pete

• 4. Re: What is the purpose of the "SET WALLET" parameter?
                Gaz in Oz

Hi Pete,

Use "script" command to set wallet interactively...

For example:

SQL> show wallet

SQL> script

2     var System  = Java.type("java.lang.System");

3     System.setProperty("oracle.net.wallet_location", "/oracle/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_1/network/admin");

4  /

SQL> show wallet

Wallet set to: /oracle/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_1/network/admin

SQL>

Cheers,

Gaz.

• 5. Re: What is the purpose of the "SET WALLET" parameter?
                  pjhitchman

Thanks Gaz.

Being on the ball as usual, I am new to sqlcl and yet to get as far as using the

"script" command to run JavaScript or other compatible scripting languages!

Regards

Pete