I should add that I used different 4.6 GB installation media the first time I installed Oracle Linux (suggested fix), but the outcome is the same.
I'll suggest you review the threads below:
From above: This can happen when we're updating the yum.oracle.com caches. Just wait 10-15 minutes and try again after running "yum clean metadata".
Thx for the reply.
Of the answers in your links:
1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the problem.
- Don't know who to contact but I'll take a look at that. The problem has persisted for a couple of days now, so I guess this isn't just a temporary problem.
2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a working
upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer
distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the
packages for the previous distribution release still work).
- Looked at: sudo nano /etc/yum.repos.d/public-yum-ol7.repo
Enabled "Optional Latest" repository and disabled "Latest". The package disappeared and I guess this is a temporary fix.
Thx for your answer.