3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2017 7:22 PM by Adrienne Roey

Oracle certification preparation material

HenrikJson

Hi Forum

I am looking at taking the certifications:

Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert

Oracle Advanced PL/SQL Developer Certified Professional

What are the easiest online resources, guides or tutorials to follow to prepare?

I have long working experience in Oracle however I want to benchmark myself instead of taking the test right away

• 1. Re: Oracle certification preparation material
          Adrienne Roey

Hello HenrikJson.  I recently received my first certification, Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate, after 15+ years in the industry.  I used the OCE Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert Exam Guide and Matthew Morris' study guides both availible on Amazon. Doing the end of chapter questions and the practice exam with the study guide were key to my passing. Hope that helps.

• 2. Re: Oracle certification preparation material
            jaramill

HenrikJson wrote:

Hi Forum

I am looking at taking the certifications:

Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert

Oracle Advanced PL/SQL Developer Certified Professional

What are the easiest online resources, guides or tutorials to follow to prepare?

I have long working experience in Oracle however I want to benchmark myself instead of taking the test right away

Henrik:

Like Adrienne and I, you too are in the same boat we were.  After many years of experience working with PL/SQL, we want to now be measured by taking the certification exams.  I have the OCE SQL, and the OCA PL/SQL.  Here's my review of the OCA PL/SQL which also shows what I used for studying:

Exam 1Z0-144 (11g Program with PL/SQL) - My Review

I am going to soon be starting for the OCP PL/SQL.  The only choice you have to make for that exam is WHICH version do you want to take?  The 11g or the new 12c?  I'm probably going to study for the new.

Here's the author Matthew Morris' (a frequent poster here on this forum) website that links to his exam guide books and practice exams.

Oracle Certification Prep: Main Page

Though I have to correct you in that the online resources/guides are not "easy" but more like they are the best "non-Oracle" resources to study for.  But in the end you should ALWAYS refer to the online documentation as your MAIN resource (even Matthew points that out in his links to resources to study).

Good luck on the studying and taking of the exam.

• 3. Re: Oracle certification preparation material
              Adrienne Roey

Hey jaramil.  We should have a study group!