4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2017 10:14 PM by fac586

Custom Link in PL/SQL dynamic content

Raviteja

Hi,

I've a PL/SQL region in which I have few custom  HTML tables genetared using htp. packages.

Is there any way I can create links, some pop ups to modal windows and some regular links to redirect to other forms and reports?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Custom Link in PL/SQL dynamic content
          fac586

Raviteja wrote:

I've a PL/SQL region in which I have few custom HTML tables genetared using htp. packages.

Why? There is virtually nothing that can be done in a PL/SQL Dynamic Content region that can't be done more simply and efficiently in a classic report with a custom template, with proper separation of concerns and built-in support for declarative partial page refresh and column links.

Is there any way I can create links, some pop ups to modal windows and some regular links to redirect to other forms and reports?

If there is actually a compelling reason why a report cannot be used, URLs with support for page protection checksums and modal dialog pop-ups can be generated using the apex_page.get_url or apex_util.prepare_url API methods.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Custom Link in PL/SQL dynamic content
            Raviteja

Thanks you so much for your post. I'll look into free-form page formating.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Custom Link in PL/SQL dynamic content
              Raviteja

One quick question to on getting the custom link working for now as I need that for demo, I'm using the following code and I'm getting complete javascript:apex.navigation.dialog.

htp.tabledata('<font size=2>'||htf.bold(APEX_PAGE.GET_URL(p_page=> 47,p_items  => 'P47_PROJECT_ID',p_values => P_PROJECT_ID ) ||'Edit Project')||'</font>','LEFT',null,1,null,11,null);

How can I change this so that my text in cell 'Edit Project' has a link to the page 47?

Thank you

• 4. Re: Custom Link in PL/SQL dynamic content
                fac586

Raviteja wrote:

One quick question to on getting the custom link working for now as I need that for demo, I'm using the following code and I'm getting complete javascript:apex.navigation.dialog.

htp.tabledata('<font size=2>'||htf.bold(APEX_PAGE.GET_URL(p_page=> 47,p_items => 'P47_PROJECT_ID',p_values => P_PROJECT_ID ) ||'Edit Project')||'</font>','LEFT',null,1,null,11,null);

How can I change this so that my text in cell 'Edit Project' has a link to the page 47?

How much experience of HTML do you have? The font element was deprecated 20 years ago, is completely obsolete, and must not be used by authors. The web toolkit htf/htp packages generate similarly obsolete code. Tables should only be used for structuring tabular data, not for layout purposes. If you are not familiar with modern, standards-compliant HTML look at the MDN tutorials.

Links are created using the a (anchor) element. The web toolkit equivalents are the htf/htp.anchor methods.