3 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2017 10:38 AM by Christian Berg

Installation windows does not appear

Soheil Star

Hi guys,
      I am trying to install OBIEE 12c on windows 10 64 bit OS system.
      After I run  "setup_bi_platform-12.2.1.0.0_win64.exe" file as administrator privilage, Oracle Installer windows will appear and then show cleaning up message and then it gone.
      No error, No log and nothing at all ..
      Could you please help me to figure it up .
      Thanks in Advance

• 1. Re: Installation windows does not appear
          Christian Berg

Hi Soheil Star

If you browse this forum a bit then you will see that we get many questions like this and the answer is always the same

1.) Desktop WIndows of any kind is NOT supported OS for 12c. Edit: thanks Gianni Ceresa for spotting

2.) The certification matrix clearly states this: www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/fusion-middleware/documentation/fmw-122120-certmatrix-3254735.xlsx

3.) If you want a cheap solution where you don't have to pay for a Windows server OS and you don't know how to isntall on Linux then go to 4

4.) OBIEE Sample App Virtual Machines! Fully configured. Turn-key. Free as in "free beer": OBIEE Samples

• 2. Re: Installation windows does not appear
            Soheil Star

Thanks Christian for reply

But I have seen so many installation video which install OBIEE 12c on Windows operation system. So NOT supported seems not surely cannot install 12c on Windows OS.Meanwhile I have installed WLS 12c and fmw infrastructure 12c on the same machine ,
            Mostly I want to know how to debug that
            IS there any log file which include installation errors !
            I found this line in autorun.inf file in extracted OBIEE 12c directory in tmp dir

CMD=.\jdk\jre\bin\java.exe  -jar install/modules/ora-launcher.jar

DISKCNT=2

TEMP_SPACE_TOTAL_BYTES=3134726084

JRE_COMPONENT=oracle.jre

but I donot know how to find the error that cause the problem.
            Thanks in advance

• 3. Re: Installation windows does not appear
              Christian Berg

Soheil Star wrote:

But I have seen so many installation video which install OBIEE 12c on Windows operation system

I have seen so many videos of cars driving into walls...sure it can be done but that doesn't mean it's supported by the manufacturer :-P

Give me one single valid reason why you insist on installing it on your desktop operating system. Just one valid one that's not "I don't want to run a Linux VM".

Edit: And also even the serious blog posts on the subject rather than the random ramblers out there contain many responses with gems like this: