2 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2017 12:13 PM by RaviNag

rest web service input

RaviNag

Hi,

I am trying to create a rest mvc web service using the component actor.

i have defined a component with a method (createProducts)  which takes the custom object array (com.xxx.Product [ ] )  as input.

I am defining the input and output for this method in the actor xml as mentioned below.

<component id="compId" name="/com/xxx/ProductServices"

method="createProducts" component-var="productsCreateService"

method-return-var="productsCreateStatus" >

<input name="product" class-name="com.xxx.Product"  value="${objectParam.product}" />

<output name="CreateProductsResult"  value="${productsCreateStatus}" />

</component>

json Input :

{\"product\":

{\"atg-rest-class-type\":\"com.xxx.Product\",

\"atg-rest-values\":

[{\"atg-rest-class-type\":\"com.xxx.Product\",\"property1\":\"value1\",\"property2\":\"value2\"} ]

}

}

with above config and test call, i am getting the 500 error as

Error code: 500

: java.lang.NullPointerException

at atg.rest.input.JSONInputCustomizer.instantiateObjectParameter(JSONInputCustomizer.java:294) [_REST_slib_satg-rest-1.0.jar:]

at atg.rest.input.JSONInputCustomizer.produceMultivalueComponentObject(JSONInputCustomizer.java:610) [_REST_slib_satg-rest-1.0.jar:]

at atg.rest.input.JSONInputCustomizer.processJSONMultiValue(JSONInputCustomizer.java:420) [_REST_slib_satg-rest-1.0.jar:]

at atg.rest.input.JSONInputCustomizer.instantiateObjectParameter(JSONInputCustomizer.java:287) [_REST_slib_satg-rest-1.0.jar:]

please let me know issue is with the configuration or json.

Thanks,

RaviNag