3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2017 6:50 PM by Dan Atwood

Three Flex Fields to the same Attribute Type

aldosilva6

Hi guys,

I'm using three flex fields targeting the same attribute type in production environment because I have a lot of BPM Applications at the same server.

The problem is, in the Business Process Workspace as administrator I have:

Name - ProtectedTextAttribute1

Address - ProtectedTextAttribute1

Phone - ProtectedTextAttribute1

When I try to configure the three flex fields for a user in the workspace, it get confused:

Workspace

Status | Title | Name | Name | Name

I'd like:

Status | Title | Name | Address | Phone

It's not possible to have more than one field targeting the same attribute type at the same user workspace?

Thanks in advance!!

Message was edited by: aldosilva6

• 1. Re: Three Flex Fields to the same Attribute Type
          Dan Atwood

Hi Aldo,

Sorry if you already know this, but there are three aspects to adding a protected flex fields.  I might be wrong, but the first and third steps is where I think you might be getting confused.

1.     Assigning a label to a protected flex field in the Workspace
          2.     Adding a mapped attribute in the human task in your Oracle BPM project in JDeveloper
          3.     Adding the protected flex field as a column in a view in the Workspace

(1) It looks like you might have done the first of the three steps and added the labels for the different flex fields as an administrator in the Workspace.  If you were to assign the label "Name" to three different protected flex fields, then you're going to get confused in the third step because you will see "Name" three times in the Available Columns list.  If possible, I'd suggest giving the flex fields different label names (e.g., "Candidate Name", "Company Name") to avoid getting confused in the third step.  A common misconception is to think you can have only one label associated with a specific protected flex field.  As shown below, single flex field can be assigned several labels.  Having several labels for the same protected flex field is irrelevant because it is in the second step where you associate the specific flex field's label with the human task's data that will be ultimately displayed in the view in the third step. 

pflex.png

(2) The second step is where you open the human task in JDeveloper -> click the Data tab -> click + beside the Mapped Attributes.  From the top dropdown, select the Application Server where the project is deployed ->  in the Attribute dropdown, select protected flex field label from the list that you added in the previously added in the Workspace in first step (e.g., "Name (Protected Text Attribute1)") -> for the Value field, select the XPath Expression icon to map the flex field with the human task element.  You would then redeploy your Oracle BPM project.

(3) The third step is where you add the protected flex field as a column in a view in the Workspace.  Again, if in the first step you assigned the text "Name" to three different protected flex field labels, then you will see "Name" three times in the Available Columns list.  Add the flex field columns to views in the Workspace by clicking the Edit Settings pencil button -> scroll down the Available Columns list to the bottom and select the desired protected flex fields to be added (in your case, you would select "Status", "Title", "Name", "Address" and "Phone" from the list) -> click the > button to add these to the Selected list.

Hope this helps,

Dan

• 2. Re: Three Flex Fields to the same Attribute Type
            aldosilva6

Hi Dan,

I think you don't understand. Have you ever tryied to use this two flex field "Candidate Name" and "Company Name" to the same view in the Workspace?

1.     Adding the protected flex field as a column in a view in the Workspace

Please, post here the image how your workspace looks like after you selected "Candidate Name" and "Company Name", post the columns in your workspace.

• 3. Re: Three Flex Fields to the same Attribute Type
              Dan Atwood

I see what you mean.  It is a bug. 

I'd suggest not waiting for a fix to come out and work around it using one of the other Protected Text Attributes or 20 Public Text Attributes.