6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2017 11:18 AM by Jeroen Beelen

Measuring webpage by query strings

Jeroen Beelen

Hi,

We have a tool online at /tool.php After filling in the form it gives the results on the page /tool.php#result

Now on the canvas I want the send an email introducing the tool to contacts who did't have filled in the tool.

is this possible and how?

• 1. Re: Measuring webpage by query strings
          Tom Schreurs

You could include a blind form submit. Meaning, after someone has submitted the data, a blind form will be submitted for that contact.

That Blind Form can submit data in the background. If you include a custom field like: FormSubmit (preferably a multi-select picklist so it is re-usable for other forms also) you can have it populated.

After the form was submitted you can check that field on the canvas and use it as a segmentation criteria. For contacts that submitted the form: do nothing, for the ones who didn't submit the form: send them a reminder e-mail.

Examples on creating Blind Form Submit links:

The specified item was not found.

Eloqua Blind Form Link Generator 2.0

• 2. Re: Measuring webpage by query strings
            Joshua.Parker

Alternatively to what Tom suggests if they are known visitors that you have contact records for in your system you could create a segment that uses criteria in the url to add them to a campaign that sends the email. This gives you the value of not having to count their engagement as a form submission which some orgs view as an engagement that could get confusing in the contacts history.

• 3. Re: Measuring webpage by query strings
              Jeroen Beelen

Yes they are known visitors.
              How would a segment look like? Due to the fact I cannot check (directly) from the segment if a page is visited.

I do have some checks if a page is visited by using tags. However I cannot use it because I want to check for /tool.php#result and not for /tool.php

• 4. Re: Measuring webpage by query strings
                Joshua.Parker

I think it would look something roughly like below. Obviously replacing the url in the sample with the url for your page.

Segment.PNG

From there you could do a few things. You could add a shared filter with the criteria being a similar grouping that are individuals that made it to the tool's tool.php#result page (essentially the individuals that filled out the tool would have visited that url and the filter would feed them down one path and then essentially everyone else would go down the path of receiving an email.

That would look roughly like below:

Canvas.PNG

If the shared filter criteria is not allowing you to see the url in question you could essentially combine this option with Tom's and then replace the "Shared Filter Member" decision with a "Submitted Form" decision and choose the form connected to this blind form submit. Good thing about pushing them through a canvas is you can then continue to manipulate the two groups with different messaging or you can push them into shared lists to use the data for later.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Measuring webpage by query strings
                  Jeroen Beelen

I'll take a look at it as soon as possible, Thanks Joshua.

• 6. Re: Measuring webpage by query strings
                    Jeroen Beelen

In the shared filter you cannot filter on a certain page. The page can also nt be tagged, so I guess I have to go with Tom's solution.