5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2017 7:15 PM by Matthew Morris

How different is 1Z0-072 from 1Z0-062 contentwise

Sunil Kumar Parida

Hello Forum,

I was preparing to give 1Z0-062 : Oracle Database 12c Administration and saw that a beta exam 1Z1-072: Oracle Database 12cR2 Administration has appeared.

I have now applied for the beta exam, but cannot see much difference in the exam topics between the two exams apart from an DBC S topic.

What difference can I expect between the two exams?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

• 1. Re: How different is 1Z0-072 from 1Z0-062 contentwise
          Matthew Morris

I have written a study guide for 1Z0-062 and I am in the early stages of writing one for 1Z0-072, The Oracle Certification program made a lot of changes to the topic list between the two exams. Some of the changes are simply reorganization (for example Starting up and Shutting down a database was one topic in 062 but is broken into two topics for 072), but a lot of other changes are significant.  A number of 062 topics have been dropped and likewise a number of topics are brand new in 072. I would say that the commonality of information being tested is somewhere between 40-70 percent.  That's a wide range, but I'm too early in the writing process to narrow it down much further.

• 2. Re: How different is 1Z0-072 from 1Z0-062 contentwise
            Sunil Kumar Parida

Thanks Matthew,

What tips/Suggestions can you give for preparation of the 1Z0-072 exam?

Regards,

Skp

• 3. Re: How different is 1Z0-072 from 1Z0-062 contentwise
              Matthew Morris

What tips/Suggestions can you give for preparation of the 1Z0-072 exam?

I haven't written the guide yet and there will be *no* other 3rd-party materials available yet.  Your best bet is to use the topics list for the exam from Oracle's website as a guide to what will be tested and search through the Oracle documentation for information on them.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How different is 1Z0-072 from 1Z0-062 contentwise

mr.matthew morris

i want to ask you about exam 1Z0-063 ----- do you think it will change soon to 1Z0-073 according to  what happen with 1Z0-061 & 062  ???

second question what is the difference in title name of books

exam guide , complete reference and study guide (student guide ) >>>>>> what will the best for me if i arrange to certificate ??

last question :  for exam 1Z0-148  i do not find any book for it  >>>> why ??

thanks for you

• 5. Re: How different is 1Z0-072 from 1Z0-062 contentwise
                  Matthew Morris

FYI -- normal etiquette in any forum is not to piggyback unrelated questions onto an existing thread.  The only one of the three questions you've asked that is remotely related to the thread is the first one.  The other two aren't even close.

1. 1Z0-062 hasn't been replaced by 1Z0-072.  1Z0-062 still is a valid test -- just for an earlier version of the 12c database.  There will be a 1Z0-073 and it likewise will be a new and separate test rather than a replacement.
                  2. Different books cover certification knowledge at varying levels of depth.  The names are whatever the author and publisher decided on. Look at the table of contents and size of the books to determine what the books cover.
                  3. Because no one has written such a book yet.