4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2017 6:13 PM by Chris Kosho

Real time sync between Eloqua and Salesforce, or capturing data from third party forms possible?

Chris Kosho

Hi -

I previously worked with another marketing automation platform that allowed real-time sync with Salesforce. This allowed me to immediately catch prospects in dynamic lists and enroll them into an email campaign. By doing this they would get an email within minutes of matching the criteria (a form submission, for example).

In my use case we are using a custom web form that has code that pushes the lead to Salesforce nearly instantly. I want to email these leads right away on behalf of a rep through Eloqua.

Our implementation partner is saying that the highest sync frequency Oracle will allow with a CRM is 30 minutes, though they recommend 2 hours for customers with larger data sets.

Does anyone know if there is a way get a real time sync, or any suggestions on how to capture the lead from the custom web form into Eloqua (I found this post but I am not sure if it is related to what I am asking)?

Thanks,

Chris

• 1. Re: Real time sync between Eloqua and Salesforce, or capturing data from third party forms possible?
          4Thought Marketing

Hi Chris,

We have done integrations with faster response times than stated above. However, there is always some lag time in any integration. What I think you are after is to have the form post directly into Eloqua. This will make sure it is available to you to work with as soon as the form is submitted.

In my experience it is best to have all leads coming into your marketing system and then have the marketing system feed qualified leads into the CRM for sales to work with. So having the form send contacts directly into Eloqua makes more sense to me in general, but I would need to know more about your business model to know if this is best for you.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Erick Vargas

4Thought Marketing - Marketing Systems Analyst

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Real time sync between Eloqua and Salesforce, or capturing data from third party forms possible?
            JJAFFRY

Hello Chrs,

The article that you mentioned: How to repost an externally hosted form to Eloqua puts you in a good starting position. To first answer you question, use the code to have the form data sent into Eloqua then for a form processing step send an email to the submitter.  Then depending on the needs of  you sales team, you could send them a notification email when the form is submitted.

Next, if you have time to build out a fun project:

In my experience we would have an external hosted form integrated with our Eloqua instance, and if based on the submission they met the criteria then we would use our API to integrate with our Salesforce.  Personally,  I found this way more advantageous than having the data go into Salesforce then back over Eloqua.  Plus most of the information that was coming though on ours forms did not meet the sales teams minimum requirement for follow up.  Instead we:  Integrated all of our forms from our website server to our Eloqua instance.  We used hidden fields to segment to types of form submissions.  Then depending on the type of submission we would enter the prospect into a data program we created, that would populate state based on zip and clean fields up.  If at the end of the program they met our sales teams minimum requirement we would enter them into an integration program, and if not they would enter into a nurture.   I really enjoyed working on a project like this because you get to use a lot of automation tools in Eloqua:  Forms, Programs, Program Builder, Custom Data Objects, Update Rules, and depending on your integration API inbound and outbound calls. 

If you would like to discuss it more Chrs feel to the DM me.

Good Luck!

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Real time sync between Eloqua and Salesforce, or capturing data from third party forms possible?
              Chris Kosho

Thanks Erick! I think you're right - my best solution will be to send leads to Eloqua first instead of relying on SFDC to push them to Eloqua.

• 4. Re: Real time sync between Eloqua and Salesforce, or capturing data from third party forms possible?
                Chris Kosho

Hi JJAFFRY, thank you so much this is really helpful and affirms Erick's suggestion too that I need to be having these leads go into Eloqua directly. I appreciate the help!!