3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2017 2:17 PM by RRajat

About 1Z0-144 Exam

RRajat

Hello, I wanted to ask about the 1Z0-144 Exam(PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate). I am new here, so if I asked this question in wrong section then I am sorry for that.

I am going to prepare for it from March 2018, So i wanted to ask about its retirement, means can anyone please tell me its expected retirement date or whether this exam remains unretired even after 5 years from now?

Regards

Rajat Rawat

• 1. Re: About 1Z0-144 Exam
          jaramill

3576065 wrote:

Hello, I wanted to ask about the 1Z0-144 Exam(PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate). I am new here, so if I asked this question in wrong section then I am sorry for that.

I am going to prepare for it from March 2018, So i wanted to ask about its retirement, means can anyone please tell me its expected retirement date or whether this exam remains unretired even after 5 years from now?

Regards

Rajat Rawat

Rajat:

This IS the correct section to post so no apologies necessary.  Now to correct something you stated, and that is the 1Z0-144 certification exam (PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate) is NOT on the retirement path.

See the link for the retirement page here --> https://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=206

As for WHEN it will be retired, if anyone would know it would be Brandye Barrington from Oracle (she usually monitors this forum from time to time) but my guess it is not anytime soon.  Now the one exam that HAS retired is the 1Z0-047 OCE SQL (Oracle Database SQL Expert).  And for OCP PL/SQL you have the 11g exam (1Z0-146) or 12c exam (1Z0-148).  At some point the 11g version of the exam will be retired but that would be in a couple of years as 11g is still being widely used.

Here's my thread of my review of the exam when I took it --> Exam 1Z0-144 (11g Program with PL/SQL) - My Review

This should give you insight as to how to prepare for it.  You have given yourself a good healthy margin of time between now (close to Nov 2017 and March 2018) so 4-5 months is perfect.

Good luck studying.

• 2. Re: About 1Z0-144 Exam
            Brandye Barrington-Oracle

At this time, there is no retirement date set for this exam. Sorry for the delay in replying.

Regards,

Brandye Barrington

Oracle Certification Program

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: About 1Z0-144 Exam
              RRajat

Thank you very much for clearing my doubt.