1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2017 6:16 PM by OTG-467455 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
        Chitrasai-Oracle

Hi Quanwen Zhao

Thank you for the detailed answer !!Glad to know more about you !!!

Its good to know you visit our community almost everyday.

We will take your feedback and try to make community much better place for you

• 16. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
          Quanwen Zhao

Chitrasai-Oracle wrote:

Hi Quanwen Zhao

Thank you for the detailed answer !!Glad to know more about you !!!

Its good to know you visit our community almost everyday.

We will take your feedback and try to make community much better place for you

Thank you,Chitrasia-Oracle

This is my new idea,such as:Could it save filename to my issue title or not thread number when I download the thread to PDF file ?

Best Regards

Quanwen Zhao

• 17. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
            Marwim

I joined OTN just after I became OCP in 2001.

Still a beginner then it soon became a valuable source of knowledge and it saved a lot of time - most of my questions had been asked and answered before, often a simple search was all I had to do.

Even now, as a more experienced developer, it rarely happens that a question is not answered within a day or two, though I have to ask less now :-)

I visit the forum each working day to browse interesting threads (I often learn new things even if I don't need them right now) and to give back something to the community. I the eyes of my employer this (and https://devgym.oracle.com/ ) qualifies as "training" - maybe that's why I'm seldom sent to workshops :-)

My favourite place is SQL and PL/SQL but I also regularly visit SQL Developer, Forms and of course this space.

Sometimes it is not easy to find the correct space for a question, e.g. about XML:

is it PL/SQL XML Programming or General XML or XML DB or maybe XQuery

Therefore many questions are asked in SQL and PL/SQL or General Database Discussions even if there is a specialized space.

Regards

Marcus

• 18. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
              Chitrasai-Oracle

We are glad about your ideas.Keep posting

• 19. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                Chitrasai-Oracle

Hi Marwim

Wow 2001 you are with us from quite a long time.Thank you for staying with us.

I visit the forum each working day to browse interesting threads (I often learn new things even if I don't need them right now) and to give

Thank you for visiting our forum each working day.Learning new things keeps us updated glad you are into it .

Sometimes it is not easy to find the correct space for a question, e.g. about XML:

It happens sometimes for xml related questions XML  may be helpful .

Please keep guiding our newbies in resolving their issues in community .

• 20. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                  Marwim

It happens sometimes for xml related questions XML may be helpful .

But then you would miss the space XML DB :-)

I discussed this topic three years ago Where to ask XML-questions

In this case the main problem is, that you can find the description only at the Overview page of each space, so you have to visit each of them before you might be able to decide where to post.

It's not a real problem. The regulars in the spaces handle miss-posted questions quite well - except perhaps whenever someone is not able to read

Community Feedback (No Product Questions)

• 21. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                    OTG-467455
                    • Tell us when and how you got to know about the Oracle developer community?

On 21st November 2005 in Lagos Nigeria while working on a Data Warehouse project I learnt about the communities during discussions with my colleagues and joined there and then.

• How long have you been associated with us?

That makes for a 12 year relationship with the Oracle Developer Community

• How often will you visit the Oracle community?

Initially the visits were infrequent.  Mostly concentrated on PL/SQL Challenge run by Steven Feuerstein. Now my visits are a few times a day.

• How has the community helped you?

This community is like a beehive with many helpful individuals who are willing to offer assistance at the drop of a hat. I have always stated at various institutions where I have had the privilege to be of service, that no matter what the level of experience one has, one can always learn from people having either more or less experience than I have and this is mainly attributable to the kinds of mistakes one makes.  For it is in making the mistake that forces one to push the envelope to find a solution and in doing so learn something new.  I have also learnt quite a bit from various individuals on this community.

• Which spaces are you more interested in?

My interests include development languages (PL/SQL, SQL, Java, etc.),operating systems (Oracle Linux, Solaris), databases and virtualisation (VirtualBox).

• How can we make it better place for you ?

The ideas that I have put forward cover enhancements that I feel will improve the experience for many of the community members.

• And also you can tell about how did you choose your unique username for the community?

My user name is an acronym for the the services I provide and how I am known in industry, namely the Oracle Technical Guy (OTG).

1 2 Previous Next