1 2 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2017 12:20 PM by OTG-467455 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Random Broken Links and Site unaccessible
        OTG-467455

This is the latest error I got this morning.  ZA time.

Refreshing the page does not help at all.  It merely causes the following to be displayed:

• 16. Re: Random Broken Links and Site unaccessible
          Dude!

It might also be a good idea to do a "traceroute" before and after such problems occur, to see if there are any changes that can affect cookies.

1 person found this helpful
          • 17. Re: Random Broken Links and Site unaccessible
            OTG-467455

Dude, This seems more like a lockout on the Oracle Community server.   I sometimes have the same problem on a NAS device in my home office.  Too many attempts to connect and the device black lists the pc or laptop for a few minutes.

• 18. Re: Random Broken Links and Site unaccessible
              Billy~Verreynne

Have had the same error message about contents not saved, and being possibly locked/logged out.

Think last time it happened, I copied the editor's content, cancelled the message, and responded to it from a full blown thread page, and not via the inbox page. As I recalled, this worked fine.

• 19. Re: Random Broken Links and Site unaccessible
                OTG-467455

Unfortunately when I get the message all web pages that are open start failing and I cannot logon for up to 15 minutes.

• 20. Re: Random Broken Links and Site unaccessible
                  Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience which is happening across .

I wanted to give you an quick update.

Unfortunately we could not reproduce the error which is reported.We tried to reproduce it out of oracle network ,within oracle network,with different browsers in different machines but it is not throwing an error in any instance.

We are continuing to work on this and keep testing it .We  have reported it to the server maintenance to check if there is any issue which might be causing this issue.

Will update you for further updates.

• 21. Re: Random Broken Links and Site unaccessible
                    BluShadow

I've seen it before, but not in the past couple of days like others.  It seems to be one of those intermittent things that crops up, then goes away for a bit.

• 22. Re: Random Broken Links and Site unaccessible
                      OTG-467455

I was using FireFox, but today I tried IE11.   On IE 11 the tour banner does not display which is a good thing, but I still get the error described in this discussion.   The error does not occur as frequently as with FireFox.

My thoughts are:

On a network interface sometimes there can be interference called chatter.  If the connection between the browser and the server is interrupted momentarily does any re-authentication take place?

I have seen something similar happen on my local network where the laptop Samba connection fails to connect to the NAS and keeps on retrying.  The NAS after a few attempts places the Laptop on a Blacklist for 5 minutes.  During the 5 minute any connection attempt from the Laptop is rejected.

This may be difficult to repeat on your side if you are on the same network as the server.

Suggestion: Try connecting from outside the server network in the same way the rest of us are connecting.   Maybe this may help to reproduce the problem.

• 23. Re: Random Broken Links and Site unaccessible
                        OTG-467455

BluShadow wrote:

I've seen it before, but not in the past couple of days like others. It seems to be one of those intermittent things that crops up, then goes away for a bit.

This is the same behaviour I am experiencing now.  The problem seems to have stabilised, but for how long before it crops up again.

• 24. Re: Random Broken Links and Site unaccessible
                          Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi all,

We are in the process of investigating the root cause for the this issue.

I need your help in resolving this.

When you see the error  next time can you please help me with the below requested information

• . Complete URL when fw_error is shown.You need to copy the complete URL from address bar and provide along with snapshot.
                          •   Exact time and timezone of the access.
                          •   If you are experiencing this in chrome HAR

Steps to extract HAR in chrome

1. Open Google Chrome and go to the page where the issue is occurring.
                          2. From the Chrome menu bar select View > Developer > Developer Tools .
                          3. From the panel opens at the bottom of your screen, select the Network tab.
                          4. Look for a round Record button in the upper left corner of the Network tab, and make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.
                          5. Check the box next to Preserve log .
                          6. Click the Clear button  to clear out any existing logs from the Network tab.
                          7. Now try to reproduce the issue that you were experiencing before, while the network requests are being recorded.
                          8. Once you have reproduced the issue, right click anywhere on the grid of network requests, select Save as HAR with Content , and save the file to your computer.
                          9. Upload your HAR file attach it to your email so that we may analyze it.

You can mail it directly to me @chitra.hanchipura@oracle.com

• 25. Re: Random Broken Links and Site unaccessible
                            OTG-467455

Hi Chitrasai,  Thank you for the feedback.  I will try collect the info.  This weekend all worked OK, but this morning I had it happen on IE11.  Normally I use Mozilla FireFox.  What I did notice this morning is that I did not have to wait 15 minutes before I could retry the logon.  After 5 minutes I was able to logon.

• 26. Re: Random Broken Links and Site unaccessible
                              Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi OTG-467455

Thanks for the response.Whichever the browser the issue is happening if you can collect the above requested information and pass it on to me that would be very helpful .

Thanks in advance

Chitra

• 27. Re: Random Broken Links and Site unaccessible
                                OTG-467455

Had the same experience momentarily this morning, but the system seemed to rectify itself in less than a minute.   Unable to collect info this time round.

• 28. Re: Random Broken Links and Site unaccessible (fw_error)
                                  OTG-467455

Hi Chitrasai,  I had just posted the thank you and when I tried clicking the like on your last post to the idea about questions marked/unmarked the system gave me the fw-error.  It only lasted 5 minutes this time.  So my like to your post was only possible after the system allowed me back onto the community.   Currently using firefox and cannot find any way of getting the log info.

1 2 Previous Next