1 2 3 Previous Next 35 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2018 9:54 AM by Petede-Oracle Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Solaris 11.4 Beta

Hi,

We are finding that automount maps stored in ldap no longer work.

Same deployment files from solaris 11.3 and /home/user or indirect maps do not work.  I can read all the keys from ldaplist and the ldapclient list output looks fine, just they do not mount.  no error is thrown.

Using same nsswitch.conf, /etc/auto_home, and /etc/auto_master and same ldap conf files.

Thoughts?

• 16. Re: Solaris 11.4 Beta
          DougL-Oracle

Does getent work?

$ getent automount/auto_home

or

$ getent automount/auto_master

for instance?

What happens if the autofs service is restarted?

• 17. Re: Solaris 11.4 Beta

hmm this seems a new feature in 11.4 as well.

It's just pulling in the text data and not pulling in ldap data.

[root@somehost:/var/tmp/ldap]$ getent automount/auto_home

user host.vwoa.na.vwg:/fs10/adefp539/home/&

+auto_home

[root@somehost:/var/tmp/ldap]$ getent automount/auto_master

/net -hosts          -nosuid,nobrowse

/home auto_home       -nobrowse

/- auto_direct

+auto_master

If i specify a ldap key its just returning blank value.

If i specify "user" as in above it returns that key data.

no change if service is restarted.

• 18. Re: Solaris 11.4 Beta
              Petede-Oracle

Hi,

This is an error at our end.  We have what we call 'constraint' packages - these packages are intended to keep you on a particular Update train when your repository contains different Oracle Solaris 11 updates.

For example for Oracle Solaris 11.3 we have the following constraint package: release/constraint/solaris-11.3. Looking at the contents of the package (pkg contents -rm solaris-11.3) the following dependency will be seen:

depend fmri=entire@0.5.11-0.175-3 type=incorporate

This means the system will only be able to install 11.3 packages.

Now if we look in the beta repository we see that there are a bunch of these constraint packages, each of which will have an (incorporate) dependency on a particular version of 'entire'. The beta only contains the beta build and thus the relevant versions of 'entire' do not exist. And so when you run pkgrepo verify (via the script) you get these errors. Essentially you can ignore these, for 'entire' (if you see non-entire errors then let us know).

Thanks

Pete

• 19. Re: Solaris 11.4 Beta
                DougL-Oracle

What is your SMF configuration for automount?

$ svccfg -s name-service/switch listprop config/automount

And correspondingly the automount line in /etc/nsswitch.conf?

• 20. Re: Solaris 11.4 Beta
                  Petede-Oracle

Hi,

Making a guess here - the initial error is about -KPIC not being supported - which is true gcc does not support that option:

$ gcc -KPIC foo.c

gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-KPIC’

whereas the studio compiler does:

$ cc -KPIC foo.c

"foo.c", line 7: warning: old-style declaration or incorrect type for: main

In gcc the option is now -fPIC. So the underlying question I think is how is your PATH setup and are you calling the correct compiler ? I hope this gives you a hint of what is going on.

Thanks,

pete

• 21. Re: Solaris 11.4 Beta

[root@assrp01:/var/tmp/vw-ldap]$ getent automount/auto_home rogerst

[root@assrp01:/var/tmp/vw-ldap]$ svccfg -s name-service/switch listprop config/automount

config/automount astring     "files ldap"

[root@assrp01:/var/tmp/vw-ldap]$ grep auto /etc/nsswitch.conf

automount:      files ldap

[root@assrp01:/var/tmp/vw-ldap]$ ldaplist -l auto_home rogerst

dn: cn=rogerst,automountMapName=auto_home,ou=UNIX,ou=Internal,ou=xxx,dc=xx,dc=com

automountInformation: xxxx.vwoa.na.vwg:/fs10/adefp539/home/&

objectClass: top

objectClass: automount

automountMapName: auto_home

automountKey: rogerst

[root@assrp01:/var/tmp/vw-ldap]$ ls /home/rogerst

/home/rogerst: No such file or directory

[root@assrp01:/var/tmp/vw-ldap]$ svcs autofs

STATE          STIME    FMRI

online         10:02:31 svc:/system/filesystem/autofs:default

[root@assrp01:/var/tmp/vw-ldap]$

[root@assrp01:/var/tmp/vw-ldap]$ egrep "\+auto" /etc/auto_home

+auto_home

[root@assrp01:/var/tmp/vw-ldap]$ egrep auto_home /etc/auto_master

/home          auto_home       -nobrowse

• 22. Re: Solaris 11.4 Beta

Thank you, that helped!

- I edited the Makefile and changed

CCCDLFLAGS = -KPIC to
                      CCCDLFLAGS = -fPIC

and commented the language option
                      OPTIMIZE = -xO4 to
                      #OPTIMIZE = -xO4

and was able to compile the Perl module (call from the module folder) via

perl Makefile.PL

make

make test

make install

napp-it is now working on Solaris 11.4b

Gea

• 23. Re: Solaris 11.4 Beta
                        Phil Harman

I found it a bit tricky too. For example, the en_GB.UTF-8 locale didn't get installed, which played havoc with my ssh sessions (LANG is passed from my client), and pkg commands etc.

It doens't help that the default repo is pkg.oracle.com/solaris, which means lots of things are broken until you get the beta repo online. Once I had that sorted, localeadm and then pkg worked without errors.

From Oracle Solaris 11.4 Beta I found How to Access Oracle Solaris 11.4 Beta Packages from pkg.oracle.com

Although the above says ...

pkg set-publisher -g https://pkg.oracle.com/solaris/beta/ -c certfile -k keyfile solaris

I preferred ..

pkg set-publisher -G '*' -g https://pkg.oracle.com/solaris/beta/ -c certfile -k keyfile solaris

i.e. without the default repo.

• 24. Re: Solaris 11.4 Beta

Problem with ESXi and the Solaris 11.4 iso used as a CD diskimage

I was able to install Solaris 11.4 from the iso on ESXi 5.5 but on ESXi 6.5U1 I got this error for the cdrom device
                          "The on-disk vtoc geometry is not valid. nhead: ; nsect: 1; count 1409432"

• 25. Re: Solaris 11.4 Beta
                            Ali Bahrami-Oracle

A google search of "perl Mkbootstrap solaris KPIC" pulls up a large number of similar discussions, some of them going back to before Solaris 10. I don't have a full answer for you, but can provide a clue.

-KPIC is an option to the native Solaris Studio C compiler, but not to gcc. gcc expects -fPIC. I think this says that perl has somehow decided that you're using the Studio cc command rather than gcc, and is issuing commands appropriate to that.

You don't have a 'cc' available in your path that is really a reference to gcc, do you?

• 26. Re: Solaris 11.4 Beta

I think thats kinda normal, we saw as well.  Just press F2 and see if you can continue to next screen.

• 27. Re: Solaris 11.4 Beta
                                saurabh-vyas-Oracle

For the comment mentioned below

---------------<snip>--------------

Although the above says ...

pkg set-publisher -g https://pkg.oracle.com/solaris/beta/ -c certfile -k keyfile solaris

I preferred ..

pkg set-publisher -G https://pkg.oracle.com/solaris/beta/ -c certfile -k keyfile solaris

i.e. without the default repo.

----------------</snip>-----------

understanding of switches -g & -G is not correct.

with

-g <repository-uri> : add a new origin (read URI) for the mentioned publisher ('solaris' in this case)

-G <repository-uri> : remove an existing origin (read URI) for the mentioned publisher ('solaris' in this case)

so these switches cannot be interchanged.

Was this being mixed up with '-P' .. which

'Set  the  specified  publisher  first in the search order'

(which then can be called 'default' publisher)

• 28. Re: Solaris 11.4 Beta
                                  Andrew Watkins

Hello,

Have a few problems upgrading a old Sun Ultra 24 to 1.4. I have done a fresh install and it does work and I have done an upgrade on another server with no problem. I would like to see if I can get the upgrade to work on my work station before I have to rebuild from scratch.

It has been going since Solaris 11.0 so it may be a left over package giving a problem.

# pkg -R /mnt list entire

NAME (PUBLISHER)                                  VERSION                    IFO

entire (solaris)                                  0.5.11-0.175.3.28.0.4.0    i--

# pkg -R /mnt publisher

PUBLISHER                   TYPE     STATUS P LOCATION

solarisstudio               origin   online F https://pkg.oracle.com/solarisstudio/release/

solaris                     origin   online F http://pkgs.dcs.bbk.ac.uk/

solaris                     origin   online F https://pkg.oracle.com/solaris/beta/

localhosts11                origin   online F http://sfe.opencsw.org/localhosts11/

# pkg -R /mnt update -n -v

Display XML file just in case that gives some more info!

# cat /mnt//var/pkg/history/20180205T110402Z-01.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ascii"?><history><client name="pkg" version="90d7bc64cdeb"><args><arg><![CDATA[/usr/bin/pkg]]></arg><arg><![CDATA[-R]]></arg><arg><![CDATA[/mnt]]></arg><arg><![CDATA[update]]></arg><arg><![CDATA[-n]]></arg><arg><![CDATA[-v]]></arg></args></client><operation be="11.4" be_uuid="e77a101b-6192-442a-9b4e-9980f6b47cd5" end_time="20180205T110431Z" name="update" result="Failed, Constrained" start_time="20180205T110402Z" userid="0" username="root"><errors><error><![CDATA[Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg/client/api.py", line 1454, in __plan_op

self._img.make_update_plan(**kwargs)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg/client/image.py", line 4504, in make_update_plan

pkgs_update=pkgs_update, reject_list=reject_list)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg/client/image.py", line 4341, in __make_plan_common

ip.plan_update(**kwargs)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg/client/imageplan.py", line 1408, in plan_update

reject_list=reject_list)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg/client/imageplan.py", line 1387, in __plan_update_solver

retry_wo_parent_deps=retry_wo_parent_deps)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg/client/imageplan.py", line 460, in __run_solver

raise e

PlanCreationException: No solution was found to satisfy constraints

No solution found to update to latest available versions.

This may indicate an overly constrained set of packages are installed.

latest incorporations:

pkg://solaris/consolidation/SunVTS/SunVTS-incorporation@8.2.1,5.11-5.12.0.0.0.126.4:20170612T135627Z

pkg://solaris/consolidation/X/X-incorporation@11.4,5.11-11.4.0.0.0.12.1752:20180103T042851Z

pkg://solaris/consolidation/cacao/cacao-incorporation@5.12,5.11-5.12.0.0.0.97.0:20160418T014429Z

pkg://solaris/consolidation/cde/cde-incorporation@0.5.12,5.12-5.12.0.0.0.96.0:20160404T021641Z

pkg://solaris/consolidation/cns/cns-incorporation@11.4,5.11-11.4.0.0.0.11.0:20171211T161950Z

pkg://solaris/consolidation/dbtg/dbtg-incorporation@0.5.12,5.12-5.12.0.0.0.87.0:20151116T001936Z

pkg://solaris/consolidation/desktop/desktop-incorporation@11.4,5.11-11.4.0.0.0.12.0:20180103T012026Z

pkg://solaris/consolidation/desktop/gnome-incorporation@11.4,5.11-11.4.0.0.0.12.0:20180103T012027Z

pkg://solaris/consolidation/ips/ips-incorporation@11.4,5.11-11.4.0.0.0.12.0:20180118T190135Z

pkg://solaris/consolidation/jdmk/jdmk-incorporation@5.12,5.11-5.12.0.0.0.28.0:20130812T133331Z

pkg://solaris/consolidation/l10n/l10n-incorporation@11.4,5.11-11.4.0.0.0.12.6:20180103T002457Z

pkg://solaris/consolidation/man/man-incorporation@5.12,5.12-5.12.0.0.0.101.0:20160612T200100Z

pkg://solaris/consolidation/nvidia/nvidia-incorporation@11.4,5.11-11.4.0.0.0.6.0:20171002T203814Z

pkg://solaris/consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation@11.4,5.11-11.4.0.0.0.12.2:20180118T184559Z

pkg://solaris/consolidation/sfw/sfw-incorporation@11.4,5.11-11.4.0.0.0.12.0:20180103T012028Z

pkg://solaris/consolidation/sic_team/sic_team-incorporation@0.11.4,11.4-11.4.0.0.0.5.0:20170919T190859Z

pkg://solaris/consolidation/solaris_re/solaris_re-incorporation@11.4,5.11-11.4.0.0.0.12.1:20180118T190213Z

pkg://solaris/consolidation/sunpro/sunpro-incorporation@11.4,5.11-11.4.0.0.0.5.0:20170919T184351Z

pkg://solaris/consolidation/userland/userland-incorporation@11.4,5.11-11.4.0.0.0.12.0:20180103T012030Z

pkg://solaris/entire@11.4,5.11-11.4.0.0.0.12.1:20180118T194019Z

The following indicates why the system cannot update to the latest version:

Reject:  pkg://solaris/entire@11.4-11.4.0.0.0.12.1

Reason:  No version matching 'incorporate' dependency consolidation/l10n/l10n-incorporation@11.4,5.11-11.4.0.0.0.12.6 can be installed

----------------------------------------

Reject:  pkg://solaris/consolidation/l10n/l10n-incorporation@11.4-11.4.0.0.0.12.6

Reason:  No version matching 'incorporate' dependency system/input-method/library/m17n/contrib@5.12,5.12-5.12.0.0.0.109.4 can be installed

Reject:  pkg://solaris/system/input-method/library/m17n/contrib@5.12-5.12.0.0.0.109.4

Reason:  All acceptable versions of 'require' dependency on system/input-method/library/m17n@5.12,5.12-5.12.0.0.0.109.4 are obsolete

Reject:  pkg://solaris/consolidation/l10n/l10n-incorporation@11.4-11.4.0.0.0.12.6

Reason:  [already rejected; see above]]]></error></errors></operation></history>

I have tried removing some packages, third party publishers, but nearly the same error message.

Thanks,

Andrew

• 29. Re: Solaris 11.4 Beta
                                    Andrew Watkins

I am getting the same thing! auto_home and any of the ldap automaps do not work. Being working fine for all version except now.

May be we should move this to a new thread.

1670140 wrote:

[root@assrp01:/var/tmp/vw-ldap]$ svccfg -s name-service/switch listprop config/automount

config/automount astring "files ldap"

[root@assrp01:/var/tmp/vw-ldap]$ grep auto /etc/nsswitch.conf

automount: files ldap

[root@assrp01:/var/tmp/vw-ldap]$ ldaplist -l auto_home rogerst

dn: cn=rogerst,automountMapName=auto_home,ou=UNIX,ou=Internal,ou=xxx,dc=xx,dc=com

automountInformation: xxxx.vwoa.na.vwg:/fs10/adefp539/home/&

objectClass: top

objectClass: automount

automountMapName: auto_home

automountKey: rogerst

[root@assrp01:/var/tmp/vw-ldap]$ ls /home/rogerst

/home/rogerst: No such file or directory

[root@assrp01:/var/tmp/vw-ldap]$ svcs autofs

STATE STIME FMRI

online 10:02:31 svc:/system/filesystem/autofs:default

[root@assrp01:/var/tmp/vw-ldap]$ egrep "\+auto" /etc/auto_home

+auto_home

[root@assrp01:/var/tmp/vw-ldap]$ egrep auto_home /etc/auto_master

/home auto_home -nobrowse