We have a few questions to ask after seeing the Java 8 roadmap (URL: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html) in Oracle Java official website.
1. Will the public release version of Java JDK/JRE 8 still available to be downloaded by public after April 2019 (or June 2019)? Is there any updated information to be raised by Oracle until now?
2. Will you suggest us to use the openJDK 8 instead when the public release of Java 8 is not available in 2019 if necessary? What is the difference in function call between Oracle Java JDK 8 and openJDK 8?
3. Is there any browser to be disabled Java applet that known by Oracle right now?
A moderator will need to move this to the Java SE community:
1. I imagine the last release will be available from Jan 2019 onwards (Just as Oracle still lets you download old public archives), but no public updates will be provided to that version.
2. OpenJDK 8 and Oracle JDK 8 are near on identical - you'll see some differences in Swing applications and Sound drivers but for all other intents and purposes they're effectively the same.
3. Most browsers are disabling Applets