This discussion is archived
12 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2006 3:33 AM by 478533 RSS

Reg:sql loader in Forms 10g

451021 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hai,

we used sqlldr in forms 6i using host command. Later we upgraded to forms 10g but now the host command is not working. we are able to create directory with the host command, but not able to invoke sqlldr, also forms 10g is not giving any error also, (forms status is success). Did anybody faced similar problem? Can anyone please help me regarding this..
  • 1. Re: Reg:sql loader in Forms 10g
    151658 Newbie
    When we faced this problem, we found that sqlloader was only available on our database tier (you could always install a database oracle home without an instance on your middle tier machine if you are on linux/unix).

We found some code from the database forum for something called xhost, which used a java call to create a version of host that started a session on the database tier. If you search for 'xhost' you should find it.

We used this to start a sqlloader session.
  • 2. Re: Reg:sql loader in Forms 10g
    451021 Newbie
    Hai,

Thank you, but our environment is on windows NT and we have sqlldr on the previous iSuites/bin. Do you think, is it due to the older version or some path problem? Do we need to install a new client version?

Previous versions:
    forms 6i, 6iAS.
    New versions:
    forms 10g, 10g AS.

Both old and new versions are on the same machine as we are doing the development.
  • 3. Re: Reg:sql loader in Forms 10g
    151658 Newbie
    I have a similar system running under window2000/2003 that I do the same thing for.

The Application Server and the database run on separate machines. The sqlldr executable is only found, as far as I can see on the database oracle_home, so have to use this xhost facility.
  • 4. Re: Reg:sql loader in Forms 10g
    451021 Newbie
    I think, I did not make it clear, Sorry for that.

Actually, sqlldr is on the application server and running fine with the 6i, as the respective control, data and log files were on the same machine. Now, we upgraded to forms 10g and trying to use the same sqlldr, but found that it is not being invoked at all.

We first suspected the host command, but we are able to create a directory as follows,

host('mkdir c:\test_host');

This is working fine. But not sqlldr... I searched on metalink if there are any links on the issue but able to find the same problem unanswered.

I will try for xhost facility...
  • 5. Re: Reg:sql loader in Forms 10g
    151658 Newbie
    Hi,

Have you tried writing a script that sets up all of the necessary environment variables then invoke it with cmd.exe

eg host('c:\WINDOWS\system32\CMD.EXE /c c:\temp\script.cmd');
  • 6. Re: Reg:sql loader in Forms 10g
    451021 Newbie
    we tried to include it in a .cmd file and tried to call host command. It was giving the following error,

'sqlldr' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

Later we tried to give the entire path in the .cmd file and tried to execute. It was giving the following error,

Message 2100 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS, facility=ULMessage 2100 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS, facility=UL

we found that oracle_home is not set properly. Then we changed the oracle_home and tried still no success.

Any other alternatives????
  • 7. Re: Reg:sql loader in Forms 10g
    Volker Deringer Newbie
    Alternatives??

No. Just keep digging.

It seems like the environment for/in your .cmd file is not setup properly.
    Check ORACLE_HOME once again, or PATH or maybe even TNS_ADMIN or ..

Try to run sqlldr straigth from the command line, does it work?
    dito. run your .cmd file. Are there any differences in the environment settings?

Hope that helps.

Volker
  • 8. Re: Reg:sql loader in Forms 10g
    451021 Newbie
    Yeah, when we tried it manually it is working fine. All the available home paths were selected and tried. Thought of installing a new 10g client so that I can get another sqlldr, but NT and 2000 versions does not support that version.
  • 9. Re: Reg:sql loader in Forms 10g
    151658 Newbie
    As Volker says, if it will run manually, there is some PATH or environment_variable that is not set up quite right when you call it from a script.

sqlldr' is not recognized as an internal or external command, = PATH not set properly

Message 2100 not found; No message file for product=RDBM = ORACLE_HOME not set

Hopefuly you will get there

:)

Tony
  • 10. Re: Reg:sql loader in Forms 10g
    451021 Newbie
    Hai,
    We tried to reinstall the client version into 10g AS home. Everything got corrupt. We removed the forms 6i home and installed 10g AS again and a 9i client on a different home. Now also I get the same problem. Even though I added the sqlldr path into various homes, I am getting the same error. :-(
  • 11. Re: Reg:sql loader in Forms 10g
    451021 Newbie
    :-) We found out the solution finally. Unset the ORACLE_HOME, then it will work automatically. Thank you all for your suggestions.

Happy Weekend!!! :-)
  • 12. Re: Reg:sql loader in Forms 10g
    478533 Newbie
    Hi Raja

I'm also facing the same problem (forms 10g and sqlloader).

Please suggest me the solution? i,e how to unset the ORACLE_HOME.

thanks and regards