1 2 3 Previous Next 32 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2018 12:34 PM by 996872 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Essbase patch update
        JG_Gone

You might be on 11.1.2.3.4.011 for Essbase Server, there is not an EAS 11.1.2.4.011, the closest to .011 is either 0.10 or .012 so the readme is correct.

1 person found this helpful
        • 16. Re: Essbase patch update

You are right John.

Just curious, is there any way I get to know the version of EAS installed.

-Many Thanks

• 17. Re: Essbase patch update
            JG_Gone

In EAS console go to help about, this is more accurate for the web console as it should be synced with the server, if it is the standalone it depends because you can install any version of the client, it doesn't necessarily indicate which version the server is running.

You can also run an Opatch inventory to check which patches have been installed.

• 18. Re: Essbase patch update

Hi John,

I just read the following from the Read me doc.

Can you please help me how to set up Essbase lang var.

To apply this patch for Essbase Client on Windows 32-bit and 64-bit platforms:

1. Uninstall the Essbase Client.
              2. To apply this patch, run the EssbaseClient.exe, pick a destination folder, and complete the installation.

NOTE: After applying the Essbase Client patch, you might need to set the ESSLANG variable to your local language.

- Many Thanks

• 19. Re: Essbase patch update
                ManojPavan-Oracle

This step may not be needed if your local language is English. After installing try logging to essbasse using MAXL and test.

If in case you run into issues find the setEssbaseEnv.bat on the Essbase server. You can find the ESSLANG variable inside this file.

"set ESSLANG=English_UnitedStates.Latin1@Binary"

You can set as shown in the screenshot, (You can find this variable set on Essbase server if  installed on windows)

• 20. Re: Essbase patch update

Hi,

Can you please help me in locating "OPatch" folder to take the back up.

And how to use it  if any failure happens during installation.

-Many Thanks

• 21. Re: Essbase patch update
                    ManojPavan-Oracle

Hi,

Ideally while a patch is being applied the backup is taken for all the required files. (Which is the reason you will be able to rollback patch)

If you still require additional backup taken the complete folder backup of EPMSystem11R1. This should be enough to recover from any patch related corruptions. (Opatch folder will be inside the EPMSystem11R1 folder )

• 22. Re: Essbase patch update

ok, thanks.

Where can I find OPatch folder.

-Many Thanks

• 23. Re: Essbase patch update
                        TechWUB

Take back up of Oracle/Middleware/EPMSystem11R1/OPatch.

If you face any issues.. just replace with this back up of Opatch.

• 24. Re: Essbase patch update
                          TechWUB

This is the path for OPatch folder.. Oracle/Middleware/EPMSystem11R1/OPatch.

• 25. Re: Essbase patch update

Hi,

I need one more help.I read the following on Read me doc.

Can you please help me in how to uninstall Essbase client and how to install it.

Where can I find this file .

To apply this patch for Essbase Client on Windows 32-bit and 64-bit platforms:

1. Uninstall the Essbase Client.
                            2. To apply this patch, run the EssbaseClient.exe, pick a destination folder, and complete the installation.

-Many Thanks

• 26. Re: Essbase patch update
                              ManojPavan-Oracle

This is not related to Essbase Server.

If you have installed the essbase client on any client machines or other servers to communicate to Essbase then this step is valid only in such cases.

The un installation is same as you would for any windows program.

Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program -> Select Essbase client and uninstall.

Use the latest downloaded client EssbaseClient.exe and finish the installation.

• 27. Re: Essbase patch update

Hi,

When I am trying to install the patch for EAS, the second one 24589689 , getting error that this patch is not applicable.

We have 2 servers one for Essbase and other for Foundation.I have tried on both, same error.

Can someone please help how to proceed.

The section includes important information about installing this patch of Administration Services.

Component

Patch ID

HYPERION ESSBASE ADMINISTRATION SERVICES CLIENT MSI

HYPERION ESSBASE ADMINISTRATION SERVICES SERVER

-Many Thanks

• 28. Re: Essbase patch update
                                  ManojPavan-Oracle

It should be successful on the server where EAS is installed. (Most likely along with foundation)

Can you post a screenshot of the error?

• 29. Re: Essbase patch update

Hi,

Below is the message I am getting .

OPatch detects the Middleware Home as "F:\Oracle\Middleware"

OPatch will do the following:

[Oracle Home discovery]                      : Configure and Validate Oracle Home info.

[Prerequisite for apply]                     : Invoke prerequisites to see if patch can be applied.

[Patch conflict detection for apply patch]   : Check if any conflict with already installed patches in Oracle Home.

ApplySession applying interim patch '24589689' to OH 'F:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1'

Running prerequisite checks...

Prerequisite check "CheckPatchApplicableOnCurrentPlatform" failed.

The details are:

Patch ( 24589689 ) is not applicable on current platform.

Platform ID needed is : 233

Platform IDs supported by patch are: 197

[ Error during Prerequisite for apply Phase]. Detail: OPatch failed during prerequisite checks: Prerequisite check "CheckPatchApplicableOnCurrentPlatf

orm" failed.

System is intact, OPatch will not restore the system

Recommended actions : This patch requires some components to be installed in the home. Either the Oracle Home doesn't have the components or this patc

h is not suitable for this Oracle Home.

OPatch failed with error code = 39

F:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\OPatch> -jre F:\Oracle\Middleware\jdk160_35