10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 3:31 AM by dmikh RSS

Items above/below region content

VANJ
      For report regions that also contain page items, it seems we can only control the placement of items (above or below the report) if the region is placed in the Page Template Body position.

If the region is placed in other page template positions, the items are placed below the region content.

1. This seems like a arbitrary restriction, is there a way to control item placement in report regions regardless of which page template position they occupy?

2. Also, the Region Header text for report regions containing page items (above region content), is emitted above the items. I would like it to be put right before the report region because it usually contains some sort of usage instructions (Click here to do this and stuff). Is there a way to do this?

[Yes, I can put the header text in the report template itself, right before the report table starts, but then I would need to create a template for each report region, sort of defeats the purpose of a template!]

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Items above/below region content
          VANJ
          Bump. Thanks.
          • 2. Re: Items above/below region content
            VANJ
            Bump. Thanks.
            • 3. Re: Items above/below region content
              Hello,

Something like this maybe ?

http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=11933:86

It gives you quite a bit of control and you only have to deal with 2 region templates

Carl
              • 4. Re: Items above/below region content
                VANJ
                Carl: Yes, I guess I missed that example page. That answers my question (2).

Any ideas about question (1)?

Let me put it this way: In Theme 10, I would like to put a report region in Region position 2 and control whether items in that region are placed above or below the report content.

Thanks
                • 5. Re: Items above/below region content
                  Hello,

It was picked for simplicity.

I'll put in an enhancement request to be able to set items to output before or after the #BODY# doesn't mean it will get in but I'll put it in.

And before you ask there is an enhancement request for exact place of items by item name within a region that would also help with this issue.

Carl
                  • 6. Re: Items above/below region content
                    VANJ
                    And before you ask there is an enhancement request for exact place of items by item name within a region

Yes, I had brought this up more than a year ago. This would allow us to use a WYSIWYG HTML editor to design a region template with #ITEM_NAME# substitutions in it and items with those names would be plopped into those positions.
                    • 7. Re: Items above/below region content
                      VANJ
                      Any progress on this 5-year old enhancement request? Is this possible in 4.0?

Thanks
                      • 8. Re: Items above/below region content
                        dmikh
                        I am learning apex and have spent two days trying to figure out when page items are placed above region content or below. I use apex version v4.1.1.00.23 and the bug is still in.

thanks,
                        Dmitry
                        • 9. Re: Items above/below region content
                          Patrick Wolf-Oracle
                          Hi Dmitry,

why is this a bug?

For 4.1:

Page Template body (1. items below region content)
                          Page Template body (2. items below region content)
                          Page Template body (3. items above region content)

The above display points are self explaining. All other display points display page items below region content, except of the display point "Before Footer" which shows it above.

BTW, in APEX 4.2, you have a new attribute called "Item Display Position" which you can use to control the item display behavior.

Regards
                          Patrick
                          -----------
                          My Blog: http://www.inside-oracle-apex.com
                          APEX Plug-Ins: http://apex.oracle.com/plugins
                          Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/patrickwolf
                          • 10. Re: Items above/below region content
                            dmikh
                            Patrick Wolf wrote:
                            Hi Dmitry,

why is this a bug?

For 4.1:

Page Template body (1. items below region content)
                            Page Template body (2. items below region content)
                            Page Template body (3. items above region content)
                            :) my bad. I have not read text in brackets.

>
                            The above display points are self explaining. All other display points display page items below region content, except of the display point "Before Footer" which shows it above.

BTW, in APEX 4.2, you have a new attribute called "Item Display Position" which you can use to control the item display behavior.
                            I will try APEX 4.2

thanks,
                            Dmitry