Yes you can apply latest AD TXK for R12.2.7 or for R12.2.6
Here Latest AD TXK is prereq for upgrade to R12.2.7 or R12.2.6 so just follow the below note and conplete the task
Applying the Latest AD and TXK Release Update Packs to Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1617461.1)
Thanks Shaik and ALL
So if I upgrade to 12.2.6, I can apply patches for 12.2.7, like AD TXK.
Is it true to all listed below?
- 9.Apply the latest AD upgrade patch and Oracle E-Business Suite Consolidated Upgrade Patch (CUP)
- 10.Apply the latest Oracle E-Business Suite pre-install patches
- 11.Apply the 12.2 merged upgrade driver
- Apply the latest Online Patching Readiness Report Patch
- Apply required updates to custom code according to the readiness reports
- Apply the enablement patch
- Upgrade to the latest code
- Apply Release Update Pack (RUP)
- Apply the latest security patches
- Apply NLS patches
I mean it is ok that I will apply the version for 12.2.7? even if my path is EBS 12.2.6
yes the mentioned steps are fine irrespective of versions going to upgrade and its bettet to double check from below upgrade guide
Once upgrade done to R12.2 then follow the documents below to apply the R12.26 or R12.2.7 RUP patches
Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.7 Readme (Doc ID 2230783.1)
Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.6 Readme (Doc ID 2114016.1)
The document is not clear about this.
When I start rapidwiz to run upgrade, is my existing EBS instance to be upgraded (apps & db tier) both shutdown? or still up?
database must be up when you start rapidwiz to create R12.2 filesystem whereas you are creating filesystem only so application can up & run noissues
When you sourece new env file in R12.2 filesystem to apply upgrade driver patch then you have to take application serves down.
Thank you so much my dear friend and to ALL!