4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2018 5:56 AM by user5108636

Select list not showing display value

user5108636

Hi All,

Using APEX 5.1.3 with universal theme. I have an IR report with detail page. The detail page contains two select lists. The query for the IR page is based on a view. The detail page data fields are based on the same view and some additional tables.

The additional tables data fields are populated from a PLSQL code on page load event which includes the select list fields. The select list is defined in shared components as

select name as d,id as r

from product

order by 1

The problem is on the UI it shows the return value instead of the display value.

In the source properties of the select list item I have configured 'Type' is null.

Please advise.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Select list not showing display value
          fac586

user5108636 wrote:

Hi All,

Using APEX 5.1.3 with universal theme. I have an IR report with detail page. The detail page contains two select lists. The query for the IR page is based on a view. The detail page data fields are based on the same view and some additional tables.

The additional tables data fields are populated from a PLSQL code on page load event which includes the select list fields. The select list is defined in shared components as

select name as d,id as r

from product

order by 1

The problem is on the UI it shows the return value instead of the display value.

In the source properties of the select list item I have configured 'Type' is null.

This typically happens when the select list Display Other Values property is set to Yes, and the item value does not exist in the defined LOV. Check that the value is a valid PRODUCT.ID.

• 2. Re: Select list not showing display value
            user5108636

Hi Fac,

Forgot to mention I have the read-only property on the select list based on another page item value.

The issue seems to be caused by the read-only property. If I remove the read-only, gets displayed correctly.

But my use case requires to show the form fields as read-only.

Above suggestion based on Display Other Values does not apply in my case. i.e. the value passed to the select list is a valid one.

Please advise.

• 3. Re: Select list not showing display value
              Neil Clare

Rather than making the item read only, try giving it a CSS Class of apex_disabled (under Advanced)

• 4. Re: Select list not showing display value
                user5108636

Solution was to make it display only