1 2 3 Previous Next 43 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2018 6:54 AM by Billy~Verreynne Go to original post
      • 30. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
        Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi EdStevens

Thank you for your answers.Agree our database has all the information.This has been asked for the benefit of other users to know .It's a feedback kind of thread to know how users are getting benefit from community.Which spaces they are interested in?

how did you choose your unique username in community?

I feel a bit off topic will not affect community content and quality.It doesn't mean we are making it more social.This question is posted in the Community Feedback (No Product Questions) not in middle of any technical space.

How can we make it better place for you

Fix the d*** editor!

Quite breaking the inbox!

Fix the d*** editor!

Quit taking still more useless surveys and pay attention to what's already posted in Community Feedback.

Fix the d*** editor!

We are working on fixing the issues.There are few things which we have to depend on Jive to fix it site wide.

Of what value is that to improving the forum?

We noticed few interesting user names around community like BluShadow .So we were curious to know about their creativity in choosing their usernames .I know it's no where related to technical community but Yes its related to community .We are just asking about their community usernames.

• 31. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
          EdStevens

I apologize to all for misreading the intent of the thread. 

• 32. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
            Daniel7777

I already answered those question in my first comment, but here are my answers again.

• Tell us when and how you got to know about Oracle developer community?

I bump into it looking solution for a technical problem that I had to meet the client requirement in an ADF application.

• How long have you been with us?

I have been a member of this community for one year and a half or more.

• How often you will visit Oracle community?

I planned to come here to help people every 2 days because I want to increase my reputation level.

• How community has helped you?

The oracle community has been very useful for me in an uncountable amount of times to help me to solve technical problems.

• Which all spaces you are more interested in?

I forgot to say that I am interested in ADF, java and SOA spaces.

• How can we make it better place for you ?

This community can be better giving the newbies integrants a unified pdf highlighting the section that guide on how to achieve the missions in an easier way.

And also you can tell about how did you choose your unique username in community?

7 is my lucky number.

• 33. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
              Marwim

You already have that information.  How do you populate the "member since" field on user profiles?  It's in your own databases.

Not necessarily.

My current account is the third and therefore 2007 is not correct.

I started with an account and later used a company account. Eventually I forgot the password of my personal account and could no longer access it because the email address was no longer valid. The company account is still active but I use it only to access MOS.

• 34. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                jgarry

Chitrasai1-Oracle wrote:

Hi all,

We are glad to have you with us.YOU all are part of our Oracle family !

Thank you for your contribution in making our community better .

We are curious to know more!

• Which Oracle products you use?

Database

• When and how you got to know about Oracle developer community?

I've been involved in online Oracle fora since around 1990, originally with the Go Oracle on Compuserve, and comp.databases.oracle usenet newsgroup, later replaced with the comp.databases.oracle.* hierarchy.

I'm hazy about the details, but I'm pretty sure it was not long after it started.  Sometime near the end of the last century?  Of course, when you shifted to a newer paradigm and allowed us to put in our own start date, I put in 1980, since that is when I started with relational databases.  I was exposed to Oracle around 1983, but got more serious about it at the end of the '80s.

• How often you will visit Oracle community?

Pretty much every day, it helps get my brain in db mode (especially if there is some catastrophe waiting for me when I get in in the morning and I need to reset).

It keeps me sharp.  I get a lot more out of it than I put in.

• Which all spaces you are more interested in?

Database General, sometimes related spaces.

Keep it technical, less emphasis on gamification.

And also you can tell about how did you choose your unique username in community?

I'm a big fan of actual names.  Some of my earlier online interactions used aliases though.  Usually with something that was innocent, but would titillate people with dirty minds.

• 35. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                  KennL-Oracle

Hello all, I'm a new user of this community, nice to meet you all.

• 36. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                    Stefan Jager

Hi Chitrasai,

Which Oracle products you use?

Professionally: none at the moment, my employer uses MSSQL unfortunately. At home I have a 12c DB to play with, just for fun, under an OTN license.

When and how you got to know about Oracle developer community?

Quite a few years back I found answers on the community through Google. After a few times I decided to join, so I could ask more specific questions.

How long have you been with us?

I joined August 2007, so going on 11 years now.

How often you will visit Oracle community?

Daily, except in weekends

How community has helped you?

The communities have helped me in so many ways it's almost impossible to describe. Almost every visit I learn something new, which is the main reason I keep coming back. And not just about Oracle, but also about development in general. Frequently there are very good and interesting discussions going on here.

Which all spaces you are more interested in?

I visit Spatial and PL/SQL mostly, sometimes Workspace

How can we make it better place for you?

Fix the bugs that are still there

how did you choose your unique username in community?

I didn't, my parents chose that name for me - it is my real name

Cheers,

Stefan

• 37. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                      Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi Daniel7777

Thank you for responding .

The oracle community has been very useful for me in an uncountable amount of times to help me to solve technical problems.

We are glad to know Oracle community is helpful for you.

This community can be better giving the newbies integrants a unified pdf highlighting the section that guide on how to achieve the missions in an easier way.

As of now we have all the information in Getting Started group for newbies.We are working on providing more documents soon.

You can also have a look at Oracle Community – Rewards & Recognition FAQ

7 is my lucky number.

Great!!!I am still insearch of my lucky number LOL

• 38. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                        Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi jgarry

• When and how you got to know about Oracle developer community?

I've been involved in online Oracle fora since around 1990, originally with the Go Oracle on Compuserve, and comp.databases.oracle usenet newsgroup, later replaced with the comp.databases.oracle.* hierarchy.

Thank you for being with Oracle since 90's.

It keeps me sharp.  I get a lot more out of it than I put in.

That is what community is for.Glad to know you are gaining more knowledge from Oracle community.

I'm a big fan of actual names.  Some of my earlier online interactions used aliases though.  Usually with something that was innocent, but would titillate people with dirty minds.

Is Jgarry your actual name?

• 39. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                          Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi KennL-Oracle

Welcome !!We  are glad to have you here.

• 40. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                            Chitrasai1-Oracle

Hi Stefan Jager

Thank you for letting us know more about your intrests in Oracle community

Thank you for being with us since a decade.

How can we make it better place for you?

Fix the bugs that are still there

We will update you soon about this.

• 41. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                              Stefan Jager

Chitrasai1-Oracle wrote:

Hi Stefan Jager

Thank you for letting us know more about your intrests in Oracle community

Thank you for being with us since a decade.

I first started using Oracle in 1998, after a two-day training from Oracle at the Brussels office on Spatial. Pretty soon after that I needed some answers, and found those on the OTN forums. So if you count the years I've been a lurker here, it's actually closer to two decades...

Chitrasai1-Oracle wrote:

We will update you soon about this.

Oh no worries. I've learned to deal with them, I'll occasionally grumble but it's only my direct colleagues who notice that (and they are used to far worse from me - I'm currently working with an application that is so quirky and buggy that these forums are a relief compared to that...).

I'd rather say this: a big thank you to you and all the others at Oracle who make such a very valuable community possible! It's great, sometimes a lot of fun, and always very interesting to spend some time here. I usually recommend it to any of my colleagues looking for more information about databases and how to deal with them and the applications that talk to those databases.

Cheers,

Stefan

• 42. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                                jgarry

Chitrasai1-Oracle wrote:

Hi jgarry

Is Jgarry your actual name?

It's an abbreviation.   When I got my vanity plate in 1973, it only allowed 6 characters.

But enough people know me from other sites, so call me Joel, I forgot that I never put that here!

When I first started, some places would have login names that were a first initial and some few number of characters from the last name, so my login was JGAR.  There is a comic strip called Hägar the Horrible, and in some languages J has an H sound, so in some places I'm Jgar the Jorrible.  Later, some pop star in South America started calling herself Jgar, but no relation. I thought it was funny.  Can't even find the reference now.

I actually first used Oracle around 1983, briefly.  I became serious about it around 1989.

• 43. Re: Tell us how you came into oracle community?
                                  Billy~Verreynne

Also saw Oracle the first time (via an Oracle partner) in the 80's. Oracle at that time did not have local offices here I think - possibly due to sanctions.

Anyway, I was shown, what I realised now, SQL*Plus, executing a SELECT statement. It went over my head. How on earth will command line work for me, when I worked in 4GL mainframe environments, or dBase3+ and Clipper, on MS DOS?

1 2 3 Previous Next