1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 1, 2018 8:37 AM by ju- san

NOTE:1582179.1 - Create Configuration Failing with ORA-16698  - screw up my spfile

ju- san

hi guys,

I am quite piss with how the above solve the issue of failing to add my standby database while configuring the dgBroker.

NOTE:1582179.1 - Create Configuration Failing with ORA-16698

by performing this on both PRI & STANDBY database :

alter system set log_Archive_dest_2='';

it totally alter the initial parameter I set. The steps change it to:

log_archive_dest_2=' '   <-- (on my standby database init.ora) <-- I have to change it back , if not how am I going to perform switch over of roles ? !!!

and the steps also added some of the parameter which I don't intend to have:

*.log_archive_max_processes=4

*.log_archive_min_succeed_dest=1 

the worst is in PRI it became like these:

ALTER SYSTEM SET log_archive_dest_2='service="orcls"','ASYNC NOAFFIRM delay=0 optional compression=disable max_failure=0 max_connections=1 reopen=300 db_unique_name="orcls" net_timeout=30','valid_for=(online_logfile,all_roles)' SCOPE=BOTH;

when it should be something like :

log_archive_dest_2='SERVICE=orcls LGWR ASYNC VALID_FOR=(ONLINE_LOGFILES,PRIMARY_ROLE) DB_UNIQUE_NAME=orcls'

is there any explanation ? I would rather them to just recommend us to add the NOREGISTER as a workaround !!!

log_archive_dest_2='SERVICE=orcls NOREGISTER LGWR ASYNC VALID_FOR=(ONLINE_LOGFILES,PRIMARY_ROLE) DB_UNIQUE_NAME=orcls'